My Grabows

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ejames

ejames

Registration date : 2012-02-01

My Grabows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 am

Never had a suit made in Hong Kong but did pick up some nice jewelry for the wife and some stereo equipment. Spent most of my time there in the China Fleet Club and other bars! Young-stupid-and quite often drunk!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com/index.html
PipeDreams

PipeDreams

Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 pm

ejames wrote:
Never had a suit made in Hong Kong but did pick up some nice jewelry for the wife and some stereo equipment. Spent most of my time there in the China Fleet Club and other bars! Young-stupid-and quite often drunk!

The bar girls here get extra dolled up when they know the aircraft carriers are coming in: I guess some things stay the same, no matter how much the rest changes. Cool Lots of guys get left behind here because they end up having too much fun!
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Last edited by Simple Man on Wed May 02, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PipeDreams

PipeDreams

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 pm

They almost sold the Jumbo to a group of buyers from the Philippines a few years ago, but they decided to keep it in HK. There's a pretty nice European/Western bar/restaurant in one of the outdoor areas on the boat now: would be a good place to do some smoking!

As for the jacket: I think I saw one of the mamasans wearing it last week. I was just walking through the area of course. They looked a little worse for wear (both the jacket and the mamasan). lol
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Last edited by Simple Man on Wed May 02, 2012 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PipeDreams

PipeDreams

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Simple Man wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:
They almost sold the Jumbo to a group of buyers from the Philippines a few years ago, but they decided to keep it in HK. There's a pretty nice European/Western bar/restaurant in one of the outdoor areas on the boat now: would be a good place to do some smoking!

As for the jacket: I think I saw one of the mamasans wearing it last week. I was just walking through the area of course. They looked a little worse for wear (both the jacket and the mamasan). lol

Glad the Jumbo is still there... that was my first introduction to squid... I had a few beers already so it didn't phase me, a couple of the guys couldn't eat it...

And you should of seen that mamasan back in '80, she wasn't half bad. Laughing

Funnily enough squid's never bothered me: it's the fertilized duck eggs that took me a while to get down. lol

'80 was the year I was born! I bet those ladies have some stories...
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Last edited by Simple Man on Wed May 02, 2012 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PipeDreams

PipeDreams

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 pm

I thought so too, and now I eat them all the time. Smile
Back to top Go down
ejames

ejames

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Now that I've been here long enough to post links-I think- have more picks of my Grabows and pipes and tampers I've made here--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastredx/sets/
Back to top Go down
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 pm

ejames wrote:
Now that I've been here long enough to post links-I think- have more picks of my Grabows and pipes and tampers I've made here--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastredx/sets/

Like your salvaging and using of old stems on the pipes you have made. Nicely done sir. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://type29a.com
ejames

ejames

PostSubject: Re: My Grabows   My Grabows - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:23 am

Thanks! I started by using complete stems from Grabows and others. Some I've used vulcanite blanks and added the Grabow fitting to them. When I get the tools I want, I plan to start hand cutting them. I've done one,but ruined it when I took it to the buffer!Now I gotta make another when I can get some rod stock.
Back to top Go down

My Grabows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: