HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Just wanted to write a quick message and gush a little bit about these things. For years I have had problems with butane lighters and never seem to keep one more than a couple months before something goes wrong. I have had my Zippo pipe lighter for 3 years now and have never had any problems other than the horrible taste from the lighter fluid. Recently, I bought these butane inserts for the Zippo made by Thunderbird and all my problems are solved. I can enjoy my trusty Zippo now without tasting that nasty lighter fluid. Highly recommended to anyone experiencing a similar problem and by the way, I know of at least one ebay buyer where you can get these guys for under 15 dollars including shipping.

-Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:19 pm

...not sure if you've read the chaotic "Fujima" thread I started a while back, but I still want to try one of these. I find 50/50 happy/not-so-happy thoughts on 'em. Hope it holds up for ya. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
...not sure if you've read the chaotic "Fujima" thread I started a while back, but I still want to try one of these. I find 50/50 happy/not-so-happy thoughts on 'em. Hope it holds up for ya. Cool

Just checked it out this afternoon Kyle. Yeah, I can relate to lighter problems....Nibo lighters, Jobon lighters, IMCO lighters, etc.....I have tried them all. The Thunderbird insert seems to be working out great though. Actually, last night I had to fill it up with butane for the first time since I bought it, which was 6 days ago. It is easy to adjust the flame, lights reliably, and doesn't have that god-awful lighter fluid taste that I despised from the regular Zippo. I think I have found love.....

-Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm in the midst of trying my new Pipe Zippo with the standard (low-odor) Zippo fluid, and it isn't so bad. I do, however, find it difficult to send the flame into a waning bowl, but the wind resistance is worth it. Glad to hear the butane variant is meeting your approval so far.

My IMCO G77r is doing okay so far, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stockpile them. My Tinder Box let me swap out a bunk lighter for it free-of-charge, so nothing gained, nothing lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 am

I'm glad yours is working out for you. I had a less than stellar experience with mine. I gave up on it after less than a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:18 pm

I have two, one doesn't work well, the other is fine. I like the way it works/lights better than my Zippo fuel pipe insert. But, they don't work well outside or on windy days. For that, I slip in the Zippo pipe insert.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 pm

riff raff wrote:
I have two, one doesn't work well, the other is fine. I like the way it works/lights better than my Zippo fuel pipe insert. But, they don't work well outside or on windy days. For that, I slip in the Zippo pipe insert.

Yeah, I can see that. Nice to have the option though. I could see taking both inserts camping with me this Spring just in case there is a bit of wind outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:56 pm

They do have a lifetime guarantee, I should probably send my problem insert back. Mental note to do that next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thunderbird Butane Inserts For Zippo Pipe Lighters
Page 1 of 1