HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My best friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:33 am

I will try and be brief but to be honest I could talk all day about my best friend and never even scratch the surface. I am talking about my wife Stephanie. This woman has always backed me up on what ever pops into my mind, if I want to do it she is there by my side.
I decided about 10 years to start smoking a pipe and at first she had her doubts but went along with me thinking it would be a passing thing. I now have over 50 pipes and most of them she picked out and got for me, she knew me so well she could look at a pipe not ever knowing a thing about any kind of smoking devise since she is a non-smoker but she knew me.
Stephanie is the one who got me into making pipes not to bragg but I make some nice ones, when I make one that dont come up to her standards she will be kind enough to tell me "try again".
I have written two book on pipes titled My Love my Pipe some of you may have heard about and another one more recent titled My Pipes and Me, Both of which could not be possible without her being in my life.
As most of you know by now there is a St. Louis Pipe show on the 18th of this month, I being in Iraq wont be able to attend but my Stephanie will be there with a Ipod putting me on skype so I see it all, She will also be holding down a table for me to show my pipes and a couple books if folks want to buy them.
My Stephanie will not complain too much on the tobacco I smoke and unlike a lot of guys I smoke in my house I will say when I fire up a strong English blend she will go to another room but she ant put me me out yet.
Well I did say I would be brief and looks like I told a story but to end this I just wanted to say its great being married to my best friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:00 am

It's great to hear about a couple who is doing well; congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:03 am

Mr. Alfredo thank you sir.
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Richard. It sounds like you have a very special woman and relationship Congratulations to you both.

Good luck at the show and stay safe in the sand box!!

PS: If I was interested in one of your pipes, whom do I contact and where?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:02 am

Mr. Mozjo thank you for the kind words. I had a site but havent put any pipes out there is a few years however you can pm me and I cand send you pic'c of the ones I have on hand I will be taking leave on the 1st of march and plain on makeing a few more. Thanks again
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 am

She sounds like quite a catch, Richard. Its good to meet a man who knows how good he has it. Best wishes to you both.
-G
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:28 am

Thank you Mr. Kaplan
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 am

Yes, you're lucky to have someone to share life with. It's a relationship a lot of people will never experience.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Very cool. In a world of passing fancy, quantity over quality, questionable relationship values and seemingly few examples of successful couples, it's great to see people that actually believe their marriage vows and enjoy the company of the person they are with. It's also hard for "us men" to put it into words, but if she read any of that (and I really hope she does), I'm sure as shoeshine she'd be put to those kind of happy tears only women seem to get. Laughing

Keep up the good work and fun times, both of you. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:07 pm

You are fortunate indeed. My wife hasnt run me out the house yet either. Be careful where you are at, and know me and my family are proud of you and what you do for our country. I would like to see some of your pipes you have made. Im fond of bent pipes,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Sounds like you two are well matched! Nice sentiments leading into Valentine's Day. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:10 am

First off thank you all Gentlemen. Mark, Kyle,Plumbernater,and Uber ya'll are too kind. I wasn't expecting anyone to respond, hick I didn't never mean to speak out like that for it really is not like me to do so. But I do know I am a lucky man and I hope all my brothers find or already have a great person to share their lives withs.
And Mr. Plubernater give me a PM and I'll show ya what I have. Thanks again ya'll really are some great guys.
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:12 pm

It's cool you think well enough of us to speak of people you hold in close regard, especially in such an honest, candid way.

cheers Good folks beget good folks, I believe. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:44 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
It's cool you think well enough of us to speak of people you hold in close regard, especially in such an honest, candid way.

cheers Good folks beget good folks, I believe. Cool
Kyle I tell you the truth I have been on a lot of other site and pipe forums but there is nothing like BoB the folks here is something special I concider you all a part of my family. There ant too much entertainment here in Iraq if we ant running the roads and I look forward to each day just seeing how ya'll are doing as well as what great topics and information you are passing out. I would like nothing more than one day meeting some of you good folks have a nice sit down. Until that time comes I will be looking out for ya here and enjoying my myself with my brothers.
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: My best friend   Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Richard Hester wrote:

Kyle I tell you the truth I have been on a lot of other site and pipe forums but there is nothing like BoB the folks here is something special I concider you all a part of my family. There ant too much entertainment here in Iraq if we ant running the roads and I look forward to each day just seeing how ya'll are doing as well as what great topics and information you are passing out. I would like nothing more than one day meeting some of you good folks have a nice sit down. Until that time comes I will be looking out for ya here and enjoying my myself with my brothers.
Best Regards
Richard

Safe to say a lot of us probably feel the same way about BoB--even better that it's a welcome distraction.

Not to draw this out any more than necessary Laughing but my friend just last night asked who just called me when we were out, and I said, "Oh, it was a buddy from the pipe forum, he was asking me if I wanted him to pick up some tobacco he found." My friend was almost astounded people knew where I lived and had my phone number from the Internet. I told him about BoB a little and he just shook his head and said, "That's... different."

BoB is indeed an unusual place. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My best friend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1