HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Corking a Calabash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bowtie

Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Corking a Calabash   Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Has anyone re-corked an old Calabash? I was the lucky winner of an old one on e-bay that looked like a crap shoot. It appeared to have some problems. I got it for $20 including the shipping cost and expected the worst. It actually was in fine shape. The Meer bowl cleaned up great, the gourd was perfect and hard as a rock. All it needed was a good buffing, a new silver band between the gourd and the stem and new cork at the bowl seal.
I'm confident that I can cobble something up but would welcome some experienced advice.

Jeff....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichiganScott

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Bumping this post back to life...   Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Bowtie wrote:
Has anyone re-corked an old Calabash? I was the lucky winner of an old one on e-bay that looked like a crap shoot. It appeared to have some problems. I got it for $20 including the shipping cost and expected the worst. It actually was in fine shape. The Meer bowl cleaned up great, the gourd was perfect and hard as a rock. All it needed was a good buffing, a new silver band between the gourd and the stem and new cork at the bowl seal.
I'm confident that I can cobble something up but would welcome some experienced advice.

Jeff....

Did you ever get a PM on this or anything??? I'm in a similar situation with an old calabash, and would like to get it up and running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Corking a Calabash   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Send 'em to these folks, they are some of the best all-around repair/refurbish folks that I know of.
http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Corking a Calabash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: