HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Proof pipes are a fasion accessory. We are entitled to them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 pm

I think if more people made the effort to slow down and learn to smoke the pipe, the world would be a nicer place. Emphasis on "slow down" aka. maybe not be to stressed out and angry. I seem to live in a city full of nothing but angry, stressed out people on the verge of anxiety attacks. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
jlong

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 pm

MartinH wrote:
I think if more people made the effort to slow down and learn to smoke the pipe, the world would be a nicer place. Emphasis on "slow down" aka. maybe not be to stressed out and angry. I seem to live in a city full of nothing but angry, stressed out people on the verge of anxiety attacks. Smile
Yes, it would also prove the simple things in life are the finest things in life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:43 pm

jlong wrote:

Yes, it would also prove the simple things in life are the finest things in life.

I agree wholeheartedly!
Back to top Go down
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 am

In the early seventies when I first got into pipe smoking the Sears store in my area had a small smoke shop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 am

The Dunhill Store in Boston had their pipe and tobacco department in the back area of the store. To get there you had to walk through the magnificent men's clothing area first. Good marketing procedures for sure, first the suit, then the pipe.
Kaywoodie also used to have a page denoting which pipe should be smoked by men with different facial features. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokinbriar

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 pm

I have an old mastercraft ad that shows which pipe to choose according to your Very Happy features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 pm

doc - I love that sort of stuff. Man, you couldn't get away with that nowadays. People would sue you for prejudice towards their age or body type.

That poster is really cool.
Back to top Go down
jlong

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 pm

The short stout fellow has a Penzance grin on his face. The fellow below him looks buzzed on Black XXX.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 pm

jlong wrote:
The short stout fellow has a Penzance grin on his face. The fellow below him looks buzzed on Black XXX.

Ah ha! So there are different Tobaccos to go with each face type as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:50 am

Yes George,
When I'm in a gnarly mood with a snarl on my face I smoke Barking Dog. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm

That'll work for me! Just imagine, no more standing around, being bored and trying to look to the wife that everything is amazingly interesting. I'll just say: get me by the pipes if you're done, love!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.   Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Maybe I accidentally smoke a strong English blend when I want to be left alone? Since most people can't stand the room note, it always seems to work. Smile
Back to top Go down
pipeman1947

Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Fashion   Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Pipes are a lifestyle not a fashion.My great grandmother would be spinning in her grave at the thought of being excluded from pipe smoking. P ) P )
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1