HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

So I haven't been around for a little while...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Because this little guy showed up on Monday!

Michael Glenn Goldberg came screaming into this world on Monday March 5, 2012 @ 11:40 PM. He weighed 8lbs 8oz and is 21" long. He and his mom are doing just fine and his dad is happy as a clam!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Congratulations, I'll buy Michael a pipe on his 21st birthday,,,,glad everyone is doing fine.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Hey, great news!!! Congrats to you and Mom. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeGeek

Registration date : 2012-02-29

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Congrats to you and the wife!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Congrats Dave!! cheers

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Best wishes in regards to the new addition. Just think of all the fun things you will teach him that will drive mom bonkers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Congratulations to your wife, she did all the work Razz Is this your first? If so what tobacco are you going to smoke so that it's aroma given off from you will imprint him? Razz If you smoke a good full Balkan blend, it will help him by-pass all that Aro stuff when he grows up and starts his pipe smoking Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Congrats!
Enjoy, they grow up quick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokinbriar

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Congrats on the new addition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Congratulations on your newest addition, babies can be awesome, especially when they are yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 pm

I see he's already bored with you... Razz Basketball

Nice microhuman. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey. He's halfbald and ugly just like you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks fellas, he is our first and, unfortunately for him, everyone seems to think he looks like me.

Unfortunately for me there's no celebratory smoke in my near future. I have a life insurance blood test coming up. Have to be nicotine free to qualify for non-smoking rates.

After that I have a new Boswell waiting to be christened with a tin of Christmas Cheer. I also have a 2010 box of Partagas Serie P No. 2 waiting in the wings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Max

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 am

Do they make an adult-sized snuggly-thing he is resting in? He looks like he's in complete bliss and I could use some of that.

Babies are so damn lucky! Or just microhumans as Kyle pointed out. I'm 5'7" does that count as microhuman? If so, send me the snuggly immediately!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:22 am

its called a boppy... my 4 mo old daughter loves hers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K8PEZ

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 am

Enjoy every moment! life is precious, enjoy the times he looks up to you, and remember those times when he rebels you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:53 am

Congratulations!
Hope you didn't grow too fond of sleep... Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:59 am

Congratulations!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:00 am

Congratulations! A hearty welcome to Mike_In_Philly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:40 am

Congrats. Enjoy every minute, even the lack of sleep. The first year goes so fast. My little guy is almost two now, and I don't even know where the time has gone.

Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 am

Congratulations to you and your family Dave!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:15 am

Congrats, Dave! Fine Kid and seems perfectly content.

In your celebratory smoke, I would suggest a nice Aromatic. You want to imprint him with a positive & pleasant aroma, not some stinky English or Balkan blend...

Lesath wrote:
Just think of all the fun things you will teach him that will drive mom bonkers.

Yeah, like tearing the paper off the very end of a straw then blowing into the straw - shooting the paper across 3 tables and hitting someone in the back of the head while at a nice restaurant. You will both think it's funny and laugh your butts off, while Mom gets embarrassed and blames it all on you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Congratulations! This is it, Dave: now you are a grown up, whether you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Congratulations, children make life worth living.

Michael is an excellent name. Means "Who is like God" Can't get much better than that! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaharh

Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around for a little while...   Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Mazal Tov Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

So I haven't been around for a little while...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: