HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Terry292

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 pm

A Zippo lighter, a good fountain pen, a pipe tool, a utility knife, a firearm. Feel free to add your own necessities.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 pm

The things i miss most if they are not in my pockets> Keys and wallet affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm

My EDC's include a lighter (sometimes Zippo, more often lately my Xikar soft flame, although the zippo is the true multi-fueler in the lighter world), knife, Surefire flashlight, wallet, keys and cell phone. My Xikar cutter is often included as well. I also usually carry my Timbuk2 but that is another whole can of worms, and my GHB which contains pistol and other essentials since I don't CCW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeGeek

Registration date : 2012-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:32 pm

My typical three-point check: Wallet, Keys, Phone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Max

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:02 am

I never thought to carry a firearm in my pocket. That seems like it belongs on a leg or a shoulder. Plus, if I stuck my hand in my pocket to retrieve my pipe but accidentally pulled the trigger on my gun, well, I wouldn't want to face that situation half-cocked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 am

A handkerchief. If not for yourself, then for any weeping woman you should happen to meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:47 am

I have enough trouble keeping my pants on now.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 am

George Kaplan wrote:
A handkerchief. If not for yourself, then for any weeping woman you should happen to meet.

George, you are truly a renaissance man! Good for you..my only add is my work badge! Be damned if I don't always "think" I have it with me.. pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 am

Yes because it's cool to have a woman wipe her eyes with your snot rag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 am

puros_bran wrote:

Thank you for starting my day with a laugh! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 am

You guys must have some awfully big pockets Laughing

Guns, knives, multiple lighters, cutters and tools? You're gonna need some serious susupenders to keep them trousers up! I'm guessing you don't go in for the trim and slim look in pants Laughing

One small key ring with three keys on it, one slim front pocket wallet with only a DL and a bank card in it. That's it, period. I hate having a bunch of crap in my pockets.

Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
You guys must have some awfully big pockets Laughing

Yes, actually the 5.11 cargo pants have pretty much become my daily wear in lieu of jeans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 am

One key, drivers license, money

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 am

puros_bran wrote:

I would assume he wouldn't offer if it was full of snot...then again....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 am

mike_68 wrote:
puros_bran wrote:

I would assume he wouldn't offer if it was full of snot...then again....

lol! The handkerchief was my grandfather's advice. He also said, "Just don't be a damned fool and hand her a used one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 am

Nothing in my pockets except for some change and keys. Thats it. A gun? Tough neighbourhood eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:53 am

George Kaplan wrote:
The handkerchief was my grandfather's advice. He also said, "Just don't be a damned fool and hand her a used one."

I tried the handkerchief thing. I really did. Whenever I pulled it out, it was covered in lint. Not classy. Also, once it was used and put back, my leg got itchy.

Now when a lady needs a wipe, I hand over the box of kleenex. Still not classy but at least hygienic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Contents of my pockets , Change not included
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Five bucks ain't a bad thing to have. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm

MisterE wrote:
Five bucks ain't a bad thing to have. Razz

Unless you're going to Starbucks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:50 pm

I want to know why all these women are crying around you guys, snotty hankie or not. Laughing Are you scaring them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 pm

In my younger days Id always have to get on someone when I went out with a crowd for running the girls off. Thats one of the reasons I ran solo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 am

Mr. Plumbernater: May I ask what your carry piece is? Browning? Beretta? I love guns of that size. I sold my Walther PPK/S and have been kicking my ass ever since. When I carry, it's a .45 Combat Commander--but the operative words here are "when I carry." The .45 tends to get left behind due to its weight; I carried the Walther everywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I want to know why all these women are crying around you guys, snotty hankie or not. Laughing Are you scaring them?

I'd like to think it's because I'm such a heart breaker, but it's probably just tears of disappointment. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry292

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets   Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:13 am

"I never thought to carry a firearm in my pocket. That seems like it belongs on a leg or a shoulder. Plus, if I stuck my hand in my pocket to retrieve my pipe but accidentally pulled the trigger on my gun, well, I wouldn't want to face that situation half-cocked."

When you carry a pistol in a pocket, you have to pretty much dedicate the pocket to that use exclusively. Otherwise, it could make for some pretty scary moments.

"Tough neighbourhood eh?" I doubt if my neighborhood is any tougher than any other. I carry a pistol because: 1. a cop is too heavy; 2. when danger is imminent, the police are only moments away; 3. police do not have a legal obligation to protect individual citizens (Warren v. District of Columbia, 1981). I stole that from another forum, but it pretty well sums up my attitude. It's substantially the same reason I have a monitored security system in my home and motion activated high intensity floodlights in strategic places outside the house. I pray I never need any of them, but forearmed is forewarned, as they say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next