HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Just because you have some skills...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Just because you have some skills...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:55 pm

monbla256 wrote:
One of the BoB's here pays $4.00/50 matches that he uses on his "better" pipes Razz At that price, I guess you would want to just light it once Razz

Quote:I only use them to light premium blends in my premium pipes while wearing premium shoes and underwear (worn on the outside of my premium pants, so everyone can appreciate them). For everything else, I use common people's matches that I purchase locally at the "Target".

The above was written almost purely in jest. In actuality, I rarely wear shoes whilst smoking... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just because you have some skills...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 pm

[quote="Harlock99

The above was written almost purely in jest. In actuality, I rarely wear shoes whilst smoking... Cool [/quote]

Be careful with any embers from the bowl, they do a number on toes Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Just because you have some skills...   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:04 am

monbla256 wrote:
[quote="Harlock99

The above was written almost purely in jest. In actuality, I rarely wear shoes whilst smoking... Cool

Be careful with any embers from the bowl, they do a number on toes Razz [/quote]

Well, I forgot to mention that $4 premium matches are guaranteed against flying embers... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Harlock999 wrote:   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:08 am

Harlock999 wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
[quote="Harlock99

Be careful with any embers from the bowl, they do a number on toes Razz

Well, I forgot to mention that $4 premium matches are guaranteed against flying embers... Laughing [/quote]

As is the 'baccy you smoke ? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Just because you have some skills...   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:15 pm

It's been raining and snowing for the past few days, and I tell you, it's been very hard to keep a dry smoke. I picked a hell of a time to keep things simple without the added variables.

For the sake of it, I'm simply not worrying about the wetness right now, because I know my tobacco is just-right dry, and I keep the stem from getting too drool saturated. Pipe cleaners for a quick swab is not a sin--the smoke is enjoyable. Cool The stormy weather is too tempting to go join in some capacity--I'm a desert kid, I love the rain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just because you have some skills...   Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:32 pm

1) Packing : every flake (probably, every tobacco) packs differently. One consequence of which is that, with my short attention span, if I lay off a given weed for a while, I have to re-learn how to pack it all over again.

This is, if you're me, (and fortunately, you're not) more than ample justification for keeping the smokeular menu reduced to two or three entrees. Not to mention that, once you get the pipeular affinities involved worked out, there's always a well-rested briar ready for whatever the choice happens to be.

2) Drool : A tip from Marty that's greatly improved my pipes' performances (not like the problem was what I was doing with them or anything) --

a. Stick the stem further into your mouth than you ordinarily do, and

b. tilt the bowl up higher than the bit.

Seems awkward & silly at first but that can't be helped.

It works. Far less moisture accumulation, easier on the tongue, and far fewer maintainance cleaners used. What does accumulate inside the stem runs down to the bit, making it easy to blot with a kleenex (unless you're fond of drinking it).

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Just because you have some skills...   Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Funny, I was just thinking about this thread the other day. Maybe you're improving your telepathy skills after all, Yak. Laughing

I am a wet smoker, and often I have a drink of some kind handy, even if it's just water or club soda. I tell you what, I quickly learned to keep the stem "above the water line" and the simple repositioning of the stem (even changing sides of the mouth) helped tremendously with mouth-to-pipe moisture issues.

I have also discovered each pipe along with each tobacco likes to be backed a particular way, likely for each person. I have, since originally posting this thread, discovered two pipe/tobacco combos that I know exactly how to approach and will get expected results, which was a fantastic milestone and reward for my observation and patience.

Sometimes, but not always, this stuff is just a big, smokey Rubik's Cube. Posting this stuff here helps, because now past-Kyle can travel to the future and read it and gain some insight. By the way, past-Kyle, the Dodgers were doing well but are totally losing it now. Act accordingly. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Just because you have some skills...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2