HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Beware the Ides of March...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harlock999

avatar

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Just be careful out there guys...
Lets make sure we're all carrying guns and pipes in our pockets, you know, just in case... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Ides don't kill people, People kill people!

Support the NIA.





















Paid for by the Nationa Ides Association.
Always Ides responsibly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:40 pm

As if I'm that important to kill. Pfff. Cool

I always find it funny that this date lives in historical infamy, but most people cruise by 12/7 with little notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:20 pm

theres tons of dates that are important..
Study Sept 11 in the Islam/West fight. The last significant event in that timeline is actually pretty mild in the scheme of things..

Heres another.. most people have no clue what an Ide even is..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Integrated Drive Electronics--used 'em connecting CD-ROMs and hard disk drives all the time back in my computer admin days. Cool Pretty fancy back then, too--two per channel, like old floppies used to be.

...but please, learn me; I don't know what the hell an "ide" is.

For every date people remember colloquially there's probably 1,000 others that could take precedence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Well, I always assumed it was the middle of the month, but a bit more complex than that (unless PB has some further obscure factoid to add...)


http://hotword.dictionary.com/ides-of-march/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:04 pm

IDES.. Illinios Department of Employment Security
IDE.. Integrated Development Enviroment. (I use Gedit)

but Ides, (I typo'd out the s) is simply the middle of the month..

BUT, Go ask ten people and see how many have a clue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

avatar

Age : 66
Location : foothills of the Ozarks
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:11 pm

puros_bran wrote:
theres tons of dates that are important..
Study Sept 11 in the Islam/West fight. The last significant event in that timeline is actually pretty mild in the scheme of things..

Heres another.. most people have no clue what an Ide even is..

An unfinished Idea?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:34 pm

HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I so wish this forum had a 'like' button..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rad Davis

avatar

Age : 68
Location : Foley, Alabama, USA
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:


I always find it funny that this date lives in historical infamy, but most people cruise by 12/7 with little notice.

Shakespeare didn't write a play about Pearl Harbor with someone telling FDR, "Beware the half Ides of December." Laughing

Rad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raddavispipes.com/pipes.htm
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Rad Davis wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:


I always find it funny that this date lives in historical infamy, but most people cruise by 12/7 with little notice.

Shakespeare didn't write a play about Pearl Harbor with someone telling FDR, "Beware the half Ides of December." Laughing

Rad

Laughing Though, Rad, I doubt people even associate Shakespeare with the Ides of March anymore, either. Laughing

(And to PB--there was a brief existence with a +/- counter on posts, but the Doc was using it for the Trading Post, and it happened to appear on all posts, which counted "reputation." I suspect it was a forum "like-type" function.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Really? I never knew that. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

avatar

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:22 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Really? I never knew that. Rolling Eyes

Oh look, sarcasm. So you really didn't know, eh? Razz Cool

I wish there was a "like" function here on the forum. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

avatar

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Rad Davis wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:


I always find it funny that this date lives in historical infamy, but most people cruise by 12/7 with little notice.

Shakespeare didn't write a play about Pearl Harbor with someone telling FDR, "Beware the half Ides of December." Laughing

Rad

Laughing Though, Rad, I doubt people even associate Shakespeare with the Ides of March anymore, either. Laughing

I do, strangely...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedeep



Age : 70
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Ides of March...   Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 am

With my birthday being the 16th, I've always been aware of the Ides of March. I really know what they were warning about!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Beware the Ides of March...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: