HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Winslow

Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President Empty
PostSubject: FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President   FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:29 am

Interesting article about FDR and his Martini recipies:

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/06_06/06_06_fdr_portrait.html

Winslow
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President   FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Good read!! Most of my readings on FDR and his 'Tinis refer to a 2-to-1 mix of gin and vermouth; way too wet for me! And Sir Winston....who preferred to pour gin (Boodles was his perported fav) over ice and "bow" toward France (giving homage to the vermouth, whilst never pouring any!!). Ah, for the good ol' days! Well, must go and put the glasses in the freezer!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
Winslow

Winslow

PostSubject: Re: FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President   FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:43 pm

I've spent a lot of time in the last 14 years in the OKC area.My job sends me to school around Norman every year for several weeks,was there 7 weeks Jan. and
Feb. Wife and I went to OKC a couple of weekends to see the Memorial and some
of the attractions.Loved visiting Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge,the herds of
Bison reminded me of that movie "Dances With Wolves".I'm supposed to have a 2
week class in August,last time I was there in August it was 105F. sunny sunny

Winslow
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President   FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Winslow....Hmmm, school in Norman....might you work for the USPS??? And, yes, if you are here in August the temps can be quite brutal. Last year was relatively cool (under 100) and wet; no tellin' 'bout this year!! Pop me an email later in the summer; maybe we can get together for a brewski! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
Winslow

Winslow

PostSubject: Re: FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President   FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President EmptyThu May 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Yes,electronic tech 10 USPS.I'll do that e-mail once I have a date set.Will meet
for a drink and a smoke,I drink coke or coffee,another friend of Bill W. here.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Winslow
Back to top Go down
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster
Slow Puffs

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President   FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:09 pm

The other night on PBS, there was the second part of Harry Truman's biography. In the election against Tom Dewey, they road trains crisscrossing the country. Reporter's noted that on Dewey's train, they played "bridge" and sipped tea (it could have been martini's can't remember.) On Ole "Give 'Em Hell" Harry's train, they played poker and drank bourbon. Interestingly, Harry Truman only had a High School education.
Back to top Go down

FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: