Random pic(s)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Suspect

Don't take advantage of my foolish, direct comprehension of things, now. Razz Subtlety ain't my strong suit. Plus, if you say it is real, I'll probably go around asking for "Cabin Boy" by name, which could be a lot of fun for you miscreants.

I really wanted to keep on topic here, too. Neutral You know, Harlock's pictures?
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:19 pm

[quote="Rob_In_MO"]
Harlock999 wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
I bet that pipe/book combo gets 'em flockin' to ya. Laughing

Cool

Yeah, but if the chicks get too hot and bothered, Animals by Pink Floyd will douse any heat.

Now if you really want to impress the ladies, no album says 'I Care & Have Style' more than Pink Floyd's Ummagumma! (Yes, with the 'GiGi' cover)!

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Pink_u10

Ah Yes, "Be careful with that axe Eugene!" Such soothing music and memories.
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:27 pm

This morning's Peterson Cool

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Img_0027

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Img_0028

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Img_0029

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:38 pm

PeeDee, don't do that to me, I got that sinking "love" feeling in my chest when I saw that Pete. What a stunner. Normally I don't like the yellow stems, but on (I'm assuming) a 999, egad. cheers

I dig the smoking tray setup, too. Organized and classy. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Boy, afro

That picture really paints a picture !

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 pm

I got that leather tray as a gimme a long time ago, and had it tucked away wondering what I'd do with it. Turns out it's perfect for my pipe couch, Peterson Avoca tobacco pouch, sleeve of pipe cleaners, Sheffield pipe knife, Bic lighter, reading glasses, and even an addition tin of tobacco. My wife loves it because now I don't leave my crap scattered all over the house and ask her where it is Laughing

It's a 999 flame grain, a perfect example of the occasional drop dead gorgeous Peterson that slipped under their radar and was put up for sale at under $140 (james island piper). I've seen some of their high grades that weren't nearly as pretty as this one.

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Well, good score on that one, PD. I truly feel my Fermoy 80S was a true score like that, the grain is the most stunning of any in my collection, and for $100, I still forget I'm supposed to be smoking it when I'm caught staring at it. Laughing

I think a tray like that would suit me, too--I like to be organized. Cool Gonna keep an eye out for something similar.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Great shots PD!
Nice Pete, and pipe tray.
I started using and old Japanese tray that I had laying around, and it's made life so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Marlo_10

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Bunny13

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:31 pm

That is cool afro . Especially for a Dunhill.

woodsmansbriar

Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
This morning's Peterson Cool

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Img_0027

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Img_0028

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Img_0029

Fantastic images and that tray has me envious.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Cat_ri10

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Brocco12

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Random pic(s) - Page 4 Belved10

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Ever run a gieger counter over that static master? Laughing

Nice Sea Rock Cool Is that a 65?

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Ever run a gieger counter over that static master? Laughing

I'd be afraid to, but I'm pretty sure the plastic box I've kept it in for the the last 30 years is good enough
protection from radiation... pale

Nice Sea Rock Cool Is that a 65?

I'd be afraid to, but I'm pretty sure the plastic box I've kept it in for the the last 30 years is good enough
protection from radiation... pale

And yes. A very small KK 65, with a very tight draw... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:57 pm

^Maybe give the Chickenfoot pipe a sweep with it, too! affraid

-Yak
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm

MisterE wrote:
^Maybe give the Chickenfoot pipe a sweep with it, too! affraid

I see where you're going with this E, and I like how you think! (As usual Cool )
Random pic(s) - Page 4 Monste10
Or...
Random pic(s) - Page 4 Chicke10
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:43 pm

[quote="Harlock999"]
Puff Daddy wrote:
A very small KK 65, with a very tight draw... Embarassed

I had a couple of Castellos like that, the older star logo pipes like that one. On mine, there was a considerable step just beyond the inside of the button in the stem of each of them. The airway was nice and open inside the stem from the tenon end almost to the point where the "V" in the button tapered down, but suddenly there was this step in thre that was not opened like the rest of the airway. A micro file fixed it quite nicely. I just widened and slightly extended the "V" and took that widening beyond the step. You might want to take a pipe cleaner and search that out, measure where it is and consider doing a bit of surgery. Granted, tougher on a bent. Could always be sent to Tinsky, I'm sure he'd fix that quick and cheap.

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:25 am

[quote="Puff Daddy"]
Harlock999 wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:
A very small KK 65, with a very tight draw... Embarassed

I had a couple of Castellos like that, the older star logo pipes like that one. On mine, there was a considerable step just beyond the inside of the button in the stem of each of them. The airway was nice and open inside the stem from the tenon end almost to the point where the "V" in the button tapered down, but suddenly there was this step in thre that was not opened like the rest of the airway. A micro file fixed it quite nicely. I just widened and slightly extended the "V" and took that widening beyond the step. You might want to take a pipe cleaner and search that out, measure where it is and consider doing a bit of surgery. Granted, tougher on a bent. Could always be sent to Tinsky, I'm sure he'd fix that quick and cheap.

It's an idea, but it's such a tiny little pipe... scratch
I've heard of the small Castelline pipes they make sometimes, and I'm wondering how this one measures up to those.
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

Actually a little Castello like that is a rare treasure. I had a couple that were group 3ish, made for great strong tobacco smokes.

Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:54 am

I think those Castellline pipes were considerably smaller, like 3 1/2 - 4 inches long, group 1 type things.

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Random pic(s)   Random pic(s) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:56 am

Harlock999 wrote:
Random pic(s) - Page 4 Dsc_0056

You have some wonderful pipes H, that Dunhill is absolutely spectacular, I had no idea Dunhill were capable of making such a fascinating pipe.
Back to top Go down

Random pic(s)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next