Go down 
AuthorMessage
ringringthebanjo

ringringthebanjo

Registration date : 2012-03-29

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 am

Hi all,
Looks like a fantastic forum. I find a pipe and a good walk to be one of my favorite ways of enjoying the beautiful battlefields here at Gettysburg. I divide my time between two 19th century professions; fretless banjo-playing and wet-plate photography (yes the old time kind on sheet tin and glass, the camera with the bellows and the curtain on the back). I find that rarely is time so pleasantly spent as between two pipe smokers. I find that when two people pass on the street, most often they are strangers, if they are both smoking a pipe, they are already friends.
Keep your powder dry,
C.H. Rosenberg
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/ringthebanjo
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 am

Welcome aboard, Mr. Rosenberg
Back to top Go down
mike_68

mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Welcome to BoB...glad you decided to join in!
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:29 pm

You speak the truth, sir. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Welcome to the forum! cheers
Back to top Go down
Natch

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Welcome. You live in a magical place. I've been to the "big five" battlefields (and many lesser known) and nothing haunts me like Gettysburg.

Natch
Back to top Go down
jefe1037

jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Natch wrote:
Welcome. You live in a magical place. I've been to the "big five" battlefields (and many lesser known) and nothing haunts me like Gettysburg.

Natch

I was always astounded by how a church or a barn with a few hours notice was reinforced to become a redoubt(mostly Rev war sites) and held everything in a district. Countless battlefields where men lost their lives for what they believed in are in our own backyards.
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here

"T"
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

ringringthebanjo wrote:
a pipe and a good walk

One of my favorite ways to enjoy a pipe as well. Between your use of “zounds” and your handle including “banjo” I knew another interesting person was joining the forum. Welcome aboard. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://type29a.com
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Welcome to BoB, really great group of pipe smokers here to share your hobby with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood, C. H.

Never got into Wet Plate Photography, but music is a different story. I used to have a Dulcimer, though I wasn't very good at playing it. Should've practiced more I guess. Might get back into it someday... I still have a Lap Harp, but it's packed away in the storage room. I might dig it out this fall when it cools off and i'm inside more.

I thought you were just another new guy at first, but when I saw 'Peterson DeLuxe Mixture' and Aromatics as your tobacco choices, I had to post and welcome you - fellow Aromatic Smoker. Zounds! another! 710492

Back to top Go down
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Very well met, says this fellow n00b. Do you by chance have a website or some such for your photography? Always interested in checking such things out, and I imagine I'm not alone...
Back to top Go down
Crusader Pipes

Crusader Pipes

Registration date : 2012-02-17

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome !   Zounds! another! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Glad to see you here ! I love Gettysburg myself ! We try to get back there every now and then . I am a Civil War reenactor and have deep appreciation for the place. Look forward to your posts .
Back to top Go down
http://timbeersscrimshaw.com/
Boulder

Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

Zounds! another! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zounds! another!   Zounds! another! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum.
Back to top Go down

Zounds! another!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: