HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The dangers of being a Brother.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

The dangers of being a Brother. Empty
PostSubject: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 pm

This is why you have to be careful around here, kids.

What started out as a seemingly simple, straightforward tobacco trade turned into something much more sinister. I admit, I upped the ante by including two tins over what I promised originally, because he's such a nice guy, however, I should have remembered the old adage: don't bring a knife to an air raid. At least it should be an adage around here.

Todd Harris' bomb as it lay waste to my sensibilities and my bunker--overflowing with samples, Peterson tobacco, and a new pipe carved by him, even--oh, and the Squadron Leader that was the only part of the deal Laughing :

The dangers of being a Brother. 6927943560_42334b8943_c

Let this be a warning to the rest of you. These are not men we're dealing with...

...THEY ARE BROTHERS.

(Thanks, Todd--many times over)

Cool

Last edited by Kyle Weiss on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I spels reel guud)
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Nice haul, Kyle. I love it when packages like that arrive in the mail!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:25 pm

...I took some sexy shots of this pipe, just because I know someone's gonna ask...

The dangers of being a Brother. 6927955872_868f9acd71_c
The dangers of being a Brother. 7074037053_ba3065bc20_c
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 pm

What an arse.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 pm

puros_bran wrote:
What an arse.

Kyle or the Pipe? Very Happy

Very nice Pipe! Gotta love that rough finish, and the stem really sets it off. I'll bet it will smoke like a champ.

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
itsKot

itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:33 pm

It's a tough job, that's why it's up to us to keep it covered and keep the people safe. The few, the proud, the Brothers of Briar.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:34 pm

puros_bran wrote:
What an arse.

Yeah I'm a little miffed, even though I started it. Kind of like how I have a bad day at work and I want to take it out on the dog, but I'm wondering what poor unsuspecting Brother is gonna get it. It's the only way I'll feel better.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
What an arse.

but I'm wondering what poor unsuspecting Brother is gonna get it. It's the only way I'll feel better.

Cool

Well PB doesn't smoke anymore, and it's not a MM Cob. Twisted Evil

Kyle - what's the other Peterson blend? Can't see what is behind the 'Sherlock Holmes'.
And what about the baggies? They didn't come from Monbla, so it must be pipe tobacco and not the green stuff he smokes in his back yard... The dangers of being a Brother. 710492
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:

Well PB doesn't smoke anymore, and it's not a MM Cob. Twisted Evil

Kyle - what's the other Peterson blend? Can't see what is behind the 'Sherlock Holmes'.
And what about the baggies? They didn't come from Monbla, so it must be pipe tobacco and not the green stuff he smokes in his back yard... The dangers of being a Brother. 710492

What's the cobs lately? Laughing Effing nutcases, all of you.

It's Sweet Kilarney (sp?) hiding back there.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
What's the cobs lately? Laughing Effing nutcases, all of you.

It's Sweet Kilarney (sp?) hiding back there.

Why Thank You, Brother Kyle. Nicest thing you've said to me in a while - not counting the Hate PM's of course... Laughing

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Nice haul from a generous Brother!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Well played Todd!! Enjoy that stuff Kyle! cheers
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:50 pm

You gotta admit. That's is a cool haul.

Oh and of ya did want to get me back there's always AVejuice Bobba's Bounty, Backwoods Brew Malty Toffee, and the Darwin or Provari ecig. Just sayin.

(that is 110% in jest)
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Very good looking pipe there, and a heck of a haul. Good on both of ya cheers

Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm not an artist. An I know we all love different designs.
An let me start by stating what I like ( they dun tot me that in public speekin) that stem is so cool it hurts, and the roughage blast stuff is schweeeet!
But what's up with the smooth panel? I don't get it.. Unless its on the bottom.
On its own merit I give it a koo on the coolness meter. But add in That it was in actuality a gift (along with a b&m's worth of baccy) and schooosh (crashing plate glass noise) that's just through the roof
Back to top Go down
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Congratulations Kyle. That looks like months of enjoyment!! Kudos to Todd!!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm

This is one of Todd's "experimental" pipes. He knew it would have good home with me. It had a few pits in the side which he, in turn, countered with a rustication technique he'd been pondering, and I think the panel was just there as a whoopty-doo-why-not. If you look closely, he inlaid the shank with a ring of copper just before that sweet stem.

It wasn't quite going to make the cut as a "perfect retail pipe," but I wouldn't give this thing up for nothin'. Cool

PB, so you really were joking about your ecig juice? I assume that's what all that was...hell if I know. Laughing
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Yes I was joking. All bs aside. THIS pays me more than my real job when I see stuff like this. It tickles my heart to see you guys take care of each other.

I wasn't trashing the pipe. I just don't get the panel. Nonemybidness it's your pipe Very Happy an other than the panel I would buy that pipe off a retail rack.
Back to top Go down
taharris

taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

(Thanks, Todd--many times over)

No problem Kyle.

It's always nice to one up a Brother. Twisted Evil

Todd
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:38 am

Wow Kyle that sure is a nice haul, and that pipe is gorgeous, well done Todd!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Mordechaj

Registration date : 2011-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Quite a bomb! Razz

I hope you'll write a review of the Holmes when you get the time. Wink
Back to top Go down
taharris

taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:18 pm

PipeLeisure wrote:
Wow Kyle that sure is a nice haul, and that pipe is gorgeous, well done Todd!!

Thanks Derreck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother.   The dangers of being a Brother. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Mordechaj wrote:
Quite a bomb! Razz

I hope you'll write a review of the Holmes when you get the time. Wink

Count on it. Cool
Back to top Go down

The dangers of being a Brother.
Page 1 of 1