HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 pm

...crawling back to a war-torn apartment, the full siege has hit hard and fast at Chateau Weiss...

Fortunately, the fallout didn't have much collateral damage...I expected to come home from work to civilization, but no... I came home to this:

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 7093705117_8403b11bb0_z

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 6947634408_e7f7f93ed8_c

What you see here, in no particular order:

Dry dock pint glass; sweet hand-done Einstein quite and pipe in a frame; Perdomo Champagne Noir and R&Y Reserva a Real cigars, C&D Billy Budd sample, Black Cherry Twist sample, something called "Exotique" tobacco, GLP Sextant sample (thank goodness, I can finally try it!!!), and more Kendal Plug sample (no such thing as too much); Green Flash pint glass, 2005 Malthouse Founders Reserve sample, 2001 Darkstar Sample (holy age!) a full tin of Scottish Flake (and yeah, I KNOW who you are Wink ) ; PS Irish Whiskey sample G&H 12 sample, G&H Rum Twist sample, MacB Rollcake sample, H&H Anniversary Kake sample, a tin of MacB's Burley London Blend (plus a bunch of other stuff that I have no idea what it is... Laughing ) ; a MM cob with fancy retail packaging, a generous sample of Marlin flake, pipe cleaners and DELICIOUS BORKUM RIFF; some MORE BORKUM RIFF, an aeronautical-themed hat and some post cards; a clever green Jeep pouch with GLP's Barbary Coast sample, some pipe cleaners and something simply labeled "Special Blend" tucked inside; a full tin of GLP's Quiet Nights and a wonderfully tacky and awesome pipe/cigar tie (deserves a business meeting); a pouch of Sturman's Dark English (with a boxer dog smoking a pipe as their logo--but this ain't from Boxerbuddy... Laughing ) ; and the killer blow, one full tin of each of the following: new Balkan Sobranie, Penzance, Squadron Leader, Sierra Nevada 2011, Best Brown Flake, Skiff, 1792, FVF, H&H Black House, McC's Wilderness and some Magnum O--and one more pouch of BORKUM RIFF! I couldn't even keep track of all of my precious BR. Finally, I have a BoBster's album of entertaining tunes to rock too...better a guitar riff than a Borkum one. Cool

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 7093705465_9bbeab8ee3_c

A picture outlining some stars that really got to me...the cool hat, the sweet tie, the awesome framed artwork, and yet another awesome cob (I had never seen the retail packaging from MM before... too cool! Great story and graphics! The art has a famous Einstein quote on it, and I love local/home art--a lot, a lot. The tie is simply awesome and gaudy. It will get used along side my synth ties, my circuit board ties and other ties that declare my hobbies!

"All gave some, some gave all..." is about the best and most appropriate way to say "thank you," to you guys. Simple or overwhelming, thought and care went into each bomb as it made its way to me. Some had tobacco, some didn't. Some were nothing but tobacco. None of this was about money, it was primarily about creativity--which in the end, really meant something to me. The personal notes and touches, the hand-made items, the sheer generosity, everyone gave me what I deserved: which really came down to Borkum Riff, which I cannot wait to give to someone else with pride. Laughing

I'm pretty sure all the bombers have reported in, but there might be a few stragglers waiting like snipers to take me out today or tomorrow. Let someone know if your stuff didn't make it for some reason, we'll try and track it down.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 pm

There are always stragelers. I think you might have two more coming in. Just an educated guess.

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 D6bddf10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 29400910The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 114e6110The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 Ddb39b10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 Cf77ce10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:24 pm

I agree...

...I was checking the list and a few of these bombers weren't even in the squadron! There's a SUPPORT MILITIA AFOOT! Laughing

Cool

Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm listening to my new CD (a very clean, experimental, progressive and somewhat dark-drum-rock-with-a-jazz-edge sort of thing--just my style, I might add) and smoking some 2001 McC Dark Star. This is the first relaxation I've had in three days (and I gotta go back to work eventually today)... thanks for spoiling me, thanks for the excuse to procrastinate a little... Cool

Bliss, gents. Thank you.

Last edited by Kyle Weiss on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 pm

That is wild!!!
Back to top Go down
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
...and smoking some 2001 McC Dark Star.

This just goes to demonstrate how much restraint and maturity Kyle has. He's letting the Borkum Riff age...

Kyle, how has your domestic partner reacted to the latest round of attacks?

Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Baboom! Muah hah! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Damn, Kyle! With all of that Borkum Riff and the pouches of Suuper-Valu & Smoker's Pride, you will be set for a while! The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 710492

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Excellent work everyone. Cool

Enjoy it all Kyle you deserve it.
Back to top Go down
http://type29a.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm

What's your wife's email address? I wanted to send her a note re: the excellent room note of the B Riff. I'm thinkin' you should go over to that as your exclusive 'indoor blend'.

No need to thank me. Just doin' a favor for a deserving Brother. It's just the kind of guy I am. sunny

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 D6bddf10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 29400910The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 114e6110The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 Ddb39b10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 Cf77ce10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
What's your wife's email address? I wanted to send her a note re: the excellent room note of the B Riff. I'm thinkin' you should go over to that as your exclusive 'indoor blend'.

A most excellent idea, BH! I never thought of it that way. Get the wife involved - an even better way to get at Kyle. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Okay well, cat's gotta prance out of the bag eventually. I don't have a wife, I've been with my partner Zack for over 10 years now. I hope that doesn't bother anybody, but it is what it is. I don't usually like to go around broadcasting my life, because it's my deal, but yeah, I hate to break it to you all, there's a fairy in the ranks. I still don't get offended by anything, it isn't a political thing, no one needs to "support" me, I've done good in life this far, and well, that's that. I'm just me. Smile Men are judged by character and merit, not who they hug when they go home. I still like to think I can watch football, baseball, work on my truck, shoot guns, be a redneck in the desert, drink and curse like a sailor and be myself at the end of the day, and I enjoy doing so. Eff it, right? Life's too short.

Well, now that that has been cleared up, Zack pretty much stacked up the stuff on the dining table and didn't say much except, "Where, exactly, are you going to store this stuff?" I just shrugged. I'm a known packrat (not a hoarder) and between my musical gear, guns, books, and work stuff, yeah the place is pretty small. Pipe/tobacco collecting is debatably cost-effective, and is pretty easy to store and stack away. Well, if you're under the 50lb mark in the cellars anyway.

The reaction to the Borkum Riff? "You aren't giving THAT to ME, are you?" he asked after a sniff of the closed bag. This went for the Smoker's Pride and the Altadis, too. Yeah, he ain't stupid. He has four pipes of his own and smokes them about once every couple of weeks. Laughing

It's actually my choice not to smoke inside. I don't like the lingering smell, the cobwebs that are way up high that collect smoke and dust, and our place is pretty small. Eventually a man cave/dude den (no jokes, jerks Laughing ) will be carved out when we move, but I actually love smoking outside. It's my quiet space to listen to the wind and be alone.

Cool
Back to top Go down
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Kyle, the only thing that changes, if you can call it that, is I now know you a little better. Cool

Its just good to know that your partner is good with all the new stuff you have.
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Okay well, cat's gotta prance out of the bag eventually.
Ok. Have fun, kids!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
sam a

sam a

Registration date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

epic thread.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Anyway, hope the smoke clears soon Brother and you can cellar your new additions.

hhhmmmmm - I wonder how Borkum Riff cellars? The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 710492
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 pm

So...you're still Kyle, right? lol

Seriously...an admission like that is a pretty brave thing...and of course we still like and accept you! I mean, I used to live in a small apartment once too.

Back to top Go down
Cuervo25_1

Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
So...you're still Kyle, right? lol

Seriously...an admission like that is a pretty brave thing...and of course we still like and accept you! I mean, I used to live in a small apartment once too.

I agree, I also smoke outside by choice. I just have a problem with your love for Borkum Riff and all those cheap drug store type tobaccos , but to each their own Laughing Other than that your still a BOB!
Back to top Go down
tech2576

tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Kyle, what you do when you aren't here is not my concern. Smoke outside if thats what you like, just don't expect me to be out there in the wind you describe everyday. Laughing

Nobody cares but you.
Carry on!

Back to top Go down
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

You're our brother and always will be, so get to cellaring that Borkum Riff.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:37 am

Geez, my Borkum Riff collection. I'm not sure how to treat it. Either it's in a manner of how Boxerbuddy treats his 1792, or I should buy the best jarring/canning system money can buy and protect it with all I have.

As for that...other fact about me...meh. I don't advertise and I don't hide, it's just another thing. You guys are my bros and are like family. Like I said, eff it. Life's too short.

I just need to move soon and the cellaring issue will solve itself. The Borkum Riff can stay in the garage rafters and I'll have room for my bacca cabinet. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 am

Oh man...that's just totally too cool! Somebody wiil accidentally stumble onto it in like a hundred years by which time it will have become some kind of 'treasure'! They'll put it in a museum somewhere beneath a large glass dome loaded with sensors and alarms and groups of little kids from 5th grade classes all over the state will use their one field trip to ride a bus in and stare at it in awe and wonder. One of them will ask, "What's that funny smell." Then the class clown will accuse the nerdy kid of pooping his pants and the fat kid will throw up all over the teacher's shoes. Of course they'll all start running up and down the exhibit area hooting and whistling, creating a huge disturbance...and get kicked out of the museum. Back at the scool they'll have to suffer lectures from the bald Principal and at home from their parents. But in the years ahead they'll always remember that time with a special affection...and not one will ever forget the look on their teacher's face as she looked down at her puke soaked shoes. Kids will never change. Neither will Borkum Riff. Even after a hundred years it'll still make fat kids puke.

Back to top Go down
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:44 am

I was going to suggest putting the riff in a good box and putting it in the ground would make it even more of a “treasure” for the future. However, after reading BH’s post, I think your on the right track.

On a serious note though (yeah, I am that guy), have you had a chance to try anything thing new yet? Inquiring minds want to know. Suspect
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:57 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Okay well, cat's gotta prance out of the bag eventually.

I hope you don't mind hearing this from a straight guy, but honey, with all the hints you've been dropping, that closet door was about to fall off its hinges anyway. Laughing I'm only sorry I didn't get a chance to tease you a bit via PM first, since I'm pretty sure you knew that I knew. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:02 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Kids will never change. Neither will Borkum Riff. Even after a hundred years it'll still make fat kids puke.

Yet another submission for tobaccoreviews.com.
Back to top Go down

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next