HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:33 pm

I'd have a gas can labeled "whiskey." Nice rig! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:37 pm

There you go!

Also, I don't watch TV. Are the Stooges making a comeback recently?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
There you go!

Sadly, yes. I don't watch TV either and this new abomination is yet another treat dug from Hollywood's pathetic we-have-no-more-ideas-we're-screwed pile that I became aware of recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
There you go!

Sadly, yes. I don't watch TV either and this new abomination is yet another treat dug from Hollywood's pathetic we-have-no-more-ideas-we're-screwed pile that I became aware of recently.

So, I take it audiences will be treated to a contrived origin story and deeper, edgier characters with fleshed-out histories? Because that's what the Three Stooges were always missing. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh right. Like that would happen...and oddly enough it sounds even worse that the reality, which is hideous enough.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1205530-three_stooges/

Playing the trailer should tell you quite enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:09 pm

The only stooges I've ever cared for, Ann Arbor's finest...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:13 pm

THIS JUST IN:

A bombing payload has BEEN DELIVERED.

I AM OFFICIALLY DESTROYED...and by my count, it's not over yet.

Two bombs yesterday, fallout from ten more heavy-yield screamers is as follows--this is not a drill:

In no particular order, you are witnessing pipe cleaners, a tin of McC VA 27, a coffee mug from the Pittsburgh office of the DEA (gonna be a favorite of mine) Laughing, 2oz of GH Louisiana Flake, some "Tobacco Galleria" Midnight Smoke (which smells AWFUL thank you SO MUCH! Laughing ) C&D Billy Budd and Old Joe Krantz, a rad pint glass "Woodchuck Cider" (nice touch--beer!!!) and a VSA Dominican Republic cigar, Rattray's Black Mallory (wanted to try this thank you!!!), Sutliff Barbados Plantation and Westminster, McC's 221B Arcadia, a bag full of carefully-printed-and-labeled random samples (from someone quite cheeky), Just For Him "Shortcut To Mushroom" tobacco, a lead ingot, a hand-crafted Damascus "plug cutter" with hand-made leather sheath (more on that down below), some swell notebooks and USB sticks (I WILL LOVE THIS FOR FIELD WORK THANK YOU!!!), what seems to be an older cob pipe (ALSO FOR WORK!!!) my special EFF YOU KYLE bag of delicious Smoker's Pride tobacco (YAAAY!) Laughing, a Czech tool (always handy), MacB's Plumcake tin, and a bag of MASSIVE samples (including #1 Solani Aged Burley Flake, Holmes Pipe Club VR Blend, LJ Peretti 1072, LJ Peretti Somerset Slices).

Okay, now to get quite serious. I know I'm supposed to be all jovial and witty with this, but once again, I'm kind of at a loss for words, the generosity and the letters...

...what you guys aren't really getting is the scope and value of what was sent from the heart. This stuff was very personal in humor, taste and bits of locale and things I probably will never get my hands on otherwise. The real joy was reading the letters and fun that came from them... some excerpts:

"Kyle,

Yes, this is Anonymous Man! You may think you know who I am, but just because I sent this package from Arkansas and included samples in Snack size Ziplocks with mailing stickers to identify them, just like that other person did, I'm really no that person. Really, I'm his wicked doppelganger, not that intelligent, brilliant, handsome, wonderful, charismatic, charming and humble person that you think I am.

(But he really is a cool guy, isn't he?!?)"

Then we come to the matter of my new hand-made, Damascus steel "plug cutter." Yeah, the big-ass knife you see in the picture. 8" inches of awesome blade, I tell you. This thing had me staring at it in disbelief for probably a good five minutes. I'm happy to report I didn't drop it on my foot and skewer myself with it, because it's one hell of a cheese cutter. Some info from the note included:

"By now, it is my hope that you (and not me) are realizing something is amiss and that you are hopelessly buried in a deluge of packages from your national brethren..."(you got that right) Laughing

"...Doubtless, you have notices a custom made Damascus plug tobacco cutter. The content of the blade is 1095, LG and nickel silver---400 some odd layers of folded steel for your pleasure. The steel is of local manufacture by a friend of mine; the stock removal, shaping and heat treat done by me...the guard is nickel silver as are the pins. The scales are from the shinbone of a cow...the sheath is composed of water buffalo shoulder [leather]..."

"...For the gun nut, I have sent a small ingot of local lead, if nothing else, it will make an excellent paperweight..."

...so, about that blade, sir Lesath (a bomber of skill if I ever would know one, so brazen to even use his name... Laughing ) I'm absolutely beside myself. I'm probably going to carry this occasionally with me in the field, as work season is coming about. Don't you worry about the blade rusting, I'll take care of her well, as will the 5% relative humidity of Nevada--no problems here! Very Happy

For the brothers who sent me the glassware and especially the DEA mug--well played. I'm gonna get plenty of looks at my coffee place sippin' out of that mug, and many a cold beer in that pint glass!!! I have more tobacco to try than I'll be able to write about (but that won't stop me...).

I know who some of you are, and I'll figure a few others out later. Twisted Evil

So, as I lay dying in this pile of boxes, foam, bubble wrap, tobacco (both AWFUL and WONDERFUL), I have a HELL of a mess to clean up. My mailman probably hates me (and he'll continue hating me more soon, I suspect). I'm sitting here smelling the tobacco, the oiled leather and the cardboard boxes and feeling quite appreciated by you guys. I could have received nothing more than the two first boxes I got and been glowing with the knowledge that there's some generous, wonderful and special people I've made friends with on this forum. Yeah, I admit, I'm getting a bit misty-eyed (piss off) Suspect . No one treats me this good usually, so I'm just...effing... stunned.

This damned forum. The forum I rage-quit frequently, abuse with lengthy words and harass more than is good for a human being.

EFF YOU GUYS!

Brotherly love, and seriously, thank you. I'm afraid of the next wave, there ain't much more in me. I just can't wait to pay this sucker forward. It all starts here.

Cool

Last edited by Kyle Weiss on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:16 pm

...another thought... I have to go out of town again tomorrow for work (and probably have to put the better half on Mailbox Duty to help me recover from the bombing... Laughing ) I AIN'T NO CHICKEN SHYTE! I gotta go make money. I swear. So if you guys don't get an update, I ain't AWOL, I'll share my senseless death (again) with you soon...

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 pm

S0 - never trust the PO with their 'predicted' dates of delivery. My box...which you got on Friday...was supposed to get there Monday...per the desk guys statement and on the receipt as well. Jeez!

On a more humerous note: by my count you MAYBE have a scant third of the shipments at this point. Su puttin' 'wifey' on mail duty is pretty low, my man. I just hope she has medical coverage! Physical Therapy for lower back injuries can run into quite a lot. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:52 pm

I think the target has sustained some damage. Pour it on, we haven't busted the bunker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:53 pm

It seems to be at the limits of conventional warfare. This is a recent recon photo of Kyle's place now....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm

MisterE wrote:
It seems to be at the limits of conventional warfare. This is a recent recon photo of Kyle's place now....

We are some deadly bombers. Look what a mere one third of us have done. There won't be a stone left, it will be dust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:13 am

Blackhorse wrote:
S0 - never trust the PO with their 'predicted' dates of delivery. My box...which you got on Friday...was supposed to get there Monday...per the desk guys statement and on the receipt as well. Jeez!
I understand your frustration -- almost always 3 or 4 days from here to New Orleans and just two days to Reno? No doubt if I had waited and sent it Friday it would have arrived next Wednesday. Oh, well, at least our contributions weren't lost in the avalanche!

I was a bit surprised that someone actually did send at least one pound bag!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:25 am

Like the bag says, Eff You Kyle! Laughing

My plan worked Perfectly. Kyle doesn't realize it yet, but he's really screwed now. After surveying the original damage and deliveries, he didn't notice the Trojan Horse while he was greedily gathering up the gifts and goodies - and took it right down into the lower levels of his bunker. Poor Brother... Just wait until this baby goes off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 am

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Laughing Kyle got carpet bombed! I love it! I guess this was their way of saying EFF you back bro! Twisted Evil Looks like there's enough artillery there for another years worth of episodes of Kyles "I just tried...." Smile

You boys done good Cool

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
Twisted Evil Looks like there's enough artillery there for another years worth of episodes of Kyles "I just tried...." Smile
True . . . but I wonder when he'll ever be able to say "I've finally finished!"
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 am

And to think he hasn't even gotten a third of the deluge yet! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 am

I so can't wait for the next bombing MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I just wish I had bigger missles/bombs to send.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

My dining room table still looks like a Catholic Christmas Morning... there's chaos and ruin everywhere, packing material laying waste to my normally-clean abode. I'm probably going to try and shore up the bunker a little with bubble wrap and cardboard, but I doubt that'll help me. It's Sunday, so I'm not worried about any heroes sending any whistlers my direction.

I think I'll be back around Wednesday, so this saga should continue about then. Which would mean I'll have another pile of boxes to come home to, a domestic partner who will probably go "domestic" on me, and start this all over again.

This little event is going to make Secret Santa look like kid stuff. GOD HELP the next guy in line after me. Cool

...on a side note, I was just thinking I was proudly getting to the end of my "I Just Tried..." line, you know, before work got started for the season, had a good amount of organized, neat and tidy tobacco and cellaring going on... BOOM! BoB Bombers bring me to my knees. Yeah, the title will probably now be "Will I Ever Finish..." because it'll go dry in the baggies before I can smoke it... Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

Yeah, the title will probably now be "Will I Ever Finish..." because it'll go dry in the baggies before I can smoke it... Laughing

Hope you can lay in enough mason jars!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:48 pm

DrT999 wrote:

Hope you can lay in enough mason jars!

Something's gotta give. I have no place to put mason jars, therefore, I haven't any. This is going to be tricky. I may have to clear out some art supplies and tools to get this done. Hmmm. Oh wait, the Smoker's Pride and its ilk can just go on the shelf as-is. So much propylene glycol, they never dry out! Thanks, science! Laughing cheers

(gross) Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Well it looks as if the first official bombing went off with out a hitch...except for Kyle of course! Enjoy it all Kyle. My guess is that it might get a little worse before it's over. cheers cheers

As they say Good Karma always comes around. Absolutley love that plug cutter!!! geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Too cool. We all had a feeling this would be epic but hot damn if it isn't beyond what we thought (considering this is just the first wave)

You have already been DESTROYED, Kyle lol if only someone could be there to take a snap shot of your face when you return home in a few days to twice as many packages... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Oh poor poor Kyle, There is a reason I took up the F18 for the missle run. That reason being to make sure all the rest of the squadron has cover and to send in a nice little missle to tear down any cardboard, bubblewrap, beerbottle and anything else that you may have used for reinforcements to your now delapitated shelter. Next run I may bring out the Apache or the Cobra, not sure yet as to which, but someone will be nailed MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back to top Go down
View user profile

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next