HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Is anyone else starting to wonder who the false target was?
Back to top Go down
Cuervo25_1

Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 pm

George Kaplan wrote:

Yes but only 2 people know who that is ATM and thats how I like it until said person gets their mini bomb. That being said I would like to say next time perhaps it would be best until all the bombs hit that pics ect be posted.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:38 pm

George Kaplan wrote:

Guess we'll find out tomorrow! cheers

Oh yeah, and uh....

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 6932438286_73034e399d_z

lol!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Oddly, the fake I already bombed, quite accidentally. Go figure. The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm liking the new avatar Smile

Kyle, build a cheap tupper-dor, like the homemade ones guys use for cigars. Get a plastic tub with a decent seal from Wally World or the Dollar Store and place the samples in there along with a moist sponge in a ziplock bag with the seal left partially open. It will keep things from drying out while you go through them.

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Funny enough, I have a larger tupperware container that I never use that seals ace.

Good idea--on it. Thanks!

Yeah I kind of think I needed this as my avatar while I'm being bombed... or I'll keep it for years to remind myself what I've gotten into here.

Cool
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

Yeah I kind of think I needed this as my avatar while I'm being bombed...
I congratulate you on taking this (so far at least) with such good humor cheers If I sent you anything you've already tried and didn't care for, feel free to send it on in the coming months. At least you now have some little test pipes to try samples out in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Are you kidding? Where I come from, messin' with me is friendship. It's this getting stuff from the heart that I'm having trouble with. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:17 pm

As I sit at my computer and read through Kyle’s posts and the notes sent by others it really does reassure me that I joined a great little online community. Because it is not just an online community.

Enjoy it all Kyle, you deserve every last item tossed in your direction. Cool

(remember, bob and weave, bob and weave. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
http://type29a.com
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

LOL! That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Kyle,

If you are hurting for storage space, as a stop gap measure, order some mylar ziplocks off of Amazon. Depending on how long term you want to store your goodies will determine the quality and size of the bags. I prefer to not use oxygen absorbers.
Back to top Go down
jefe1037

jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Lesath wrote:
Kyle,

If you are hurting for storage space, as a stop gap measure, order some mylar ziplocks off of Amazon. Depending on how long term you want to store your goodies will determine the quality and size of the bags. I prefer to not use oxygen absorbers.

IRC sells their mylar ziplocks as well... but mason jars from the local mega-lo-mart will do the trick too
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

I have all of the tobacco sorted out (for now) and I have everything triple-bagged and in two flat Rubbermaid containers (for now, as well). I don't think I'll have a problem until I can get an assortment of jars. It's all these damn little bags of tobacco! Laughing Not complaining, but sheesh, I'm pretty set for trying stuff for a long, long, LONG time.

Yeah, I suppose this is a nice little nook of the web, isn't it? When I first started looking around for a "home" for my new hobby some months ago, there was just something about this place. I don't trust people, and even less so on the Internet. If someone had told me I'd be giving out my phone number, address and giving and receiving stuff all the time, talking on the phone with people I had never actually met, I would have called bullshyte on 'em. "Brothers of Briar--yeah right, whatever..." I thought, thinking it was just another name on the web, I'll learn some stuff, find one or two cool people, listen to constant arguing, alpha-male childishness, and be under the thumb of the "big dog" moderators and admins (who required constant praise and arse-kissing).

Boy was I wrong. It started with "mgtarheel" (Mike's a great guy) who sold me a churchwarden for my better half, and I was paranoid as all hell doing business with a "random Internet stranger" with no paypal or pictures. He said to me something like, "You gotta learn to trust your fellow man eventually." I still remember that conversation via email. Soon, we were talking on the phone, he sent me pipes many, many times, I sent one back I refurbished (Gefapipe rustication)... then it lead to other friends, tobacco swaps... buying pipes and tobacco from guys...

...then I read a little more into where this forum came from, and who kept it together. There's a history of this kind of activity here, and yeah, the "Brother" in "Brothers of Briar," means more than I would have ever guessed. Yeah, I'm still guarded and keep my wits about me with my "fellow man," but this place won me over. I hope the old guard form Knox and the new Brothers here can keep the spirit of this self-managed, intelligent, honest, generous "guy hangout" just the way it is (with very, very few problems; nothing we can't handle between parties or together)--it never ceases to impress me here, every bit of it, and all of you.

Cool

Back to top Go down
Cuervo25_1

Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 am

Seeing that your a gun guy Kyle perhaps you should look into ammo cans. they seal supertight, good for a hella lot more than just ammo! right now I have one with fishing lure making supplies, one for small parts for the pool, one marked 12 gauge 00 buck shotshells ...well saving that for 12 gauge 00 buck shotshells and a tall one that I was going to use for my extra arrows but it isn't quite tall enough. I will find another use for it though.

I will take pics of them and post them later today

Back to top Go down
Cuervo25_1

Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:48 am

yea Kyle when I joined when I started this hobby/habit/ addiction I never looked back. Even PB didn't scare me away! LOL J/K PB. Being in NJ has taught me that there are worse out there than PB could ever be, but do not fall into the belief that all NYers or NJians are anal pricks!
Back to top Go down
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:35 am

Kyle, the two of us are little more alike than I would have originally guessed. Am glad to have met you as well as the rest of the guys on here.

See you back here in a couple days, dazed, reeling and waving a white flag from under a mass of packing material and pipe goodies. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://type29a.com
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:06 am

Now that's bombing! Laughing

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 am

I'm thinking with the bombs they have dropped on you returning fire would be as futile as throwing water balloons at a hummer. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:17 am

i.keenum wrote:
I'm thinking with the bombs they have dropped on you returning fire would be as futile as throwing water balloons at a hummer. Shocked

On the other hand, for the particularly egregious , he may have our addresses (or at least he has what the post office thought was our addresses)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:43 am

i.keenum: Well, the whole point is to bomb, so I guess given enough water, if the balloon is big enough, it could displace a hummer eventually. Twisted Evil

Cuervo: ...but people from NY and NJ are anal pricks. Being the one kid born "out west" from a family of east coasters, you can't cover up for 'em now. Especially with what I know. Razz Laughing (...kidding, of course... sort of...) Razz

Kiev: ...I...would be careful saying how alike we are... people might talk. Cool

Everyone: Just remember, if this little program continues, which I hope to hell it does, this will get paid forward. Everyone needs to be smacked-down and put in their place once in a while, and I can now say from personal experience, it's much more pleasant than other methods. Laughing Fear the Mad Max ultralight copter flying overhead. Herr Weiss' Klein Hubschrauberwaffe can carry a wallop.

Cool

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah...well, all that's well and good. It's easy to be nice and polite about getting bombed with a few nice packages here and there...sweet rack by the way! No! No! The one for the PIPES! lol

But TODAY...the real shit storm hits the turf. He'll be groveling for relief before this is over.

(And btw...I SPIT on your sad and pathetic rubbermaid foodsaver plastic thingies. You will be renting environmentally controlled storage from "Baccy Vaults R Us" before we're done with you!)

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 D6bddf10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 29400910The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 114e6110The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Ddb39b10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Cf77ce10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:52 am

Yesterday I was supposed to leave town, but was delayed. I am still running off like a little b*tch and making someone else drag packages upstairs until I get back. Laughing

...and BH, that rack you gave me is better than any rack I've ever had, natural or otherwise. Shocked Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:55 am

Whoa! Dude! High praise indeed. Many thanks. I think the itty bitty damascus sword thing is kinda cool. Let me know how well it tamps...I read your posts about using the pointy end of tampers which is what led me to make it for you.

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 D6bddf10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 29400910The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 114e6110The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Ddb39b10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Cf77ce10The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
roogles

roogles

Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
who the hell is Professor Doofenshmirtz???

I don't think anyone has already responded to this, so I thought I'd jump in...

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 180px-Heinz_Doofenshmirtz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Heinz_Doofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down
http://blog.roogles.com
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!   The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Woah. So Doofenshmirtz is sending me stuff. Laughing Now I know. Cool

BH, I'm still pondering about getting a couple of bamboo-shanked pipes to go in that rack, even though I'm not huge on the look of them--might have to talk to Mr. Harris about having him make one I could proudly put on that rack! I saw a pipe once somewhere on the Interwebs that used bamboo that was dyed black, and one that was dyed a reddish brown--both were stunning, and enhanced the bamboo rather than covering up its nature.

Cool
Back to top Go down

The dangers of being a Brother--PART II (I.e, EFF YOU ALL)!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next