HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com Empty
PostSubject: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Just blew my bankroll at JR Cigars yesterday, but thought some brothers might be interested in this new development: http://pipesandcigars.com/vintagevault.html

Seems that the good folk at Pipesandcigars.com discovered some old tins and have put them up--not being a connoisseur, I don't know what to make of the prices, but thought a heads up might be in order all the same. Apologies if this isn't the place to post such updates, and all the best!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Apologies to Russ Ouellette but........
Vintage "Berry Nice" for $19.99 a tin??? Razz
This is just another way to make money and move old stock.
I thought that Bendett would be above this kind of stuff. I guess I was wrong......... Suspect

I Still LOVE H&H Tobacco, just wouldn't pay that (on top of the dreaded NYS taxes) for H&H tins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:14 pm

I know it's "vintage" but it's WAAAAAY out of my league! Razz Guess I'll have to just smoke what I have !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
This is just another way to make money and move old stock.

Considering that most are indeed H&H, I was wondering. . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Did they post this up on the first of the month?

Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com D6bddf10Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com 29400910Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com 114e6110Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com Ddb39b10Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com Cf77ce10Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 am

The tins on the site were ones we came across while cleaning, and I will verify that all of it is a minimum of three years old, and most of it is more than five years old. I didn't even know that we had found it or put it on the site because it was discovered while I was in NC for the Raleigh Pipe Show. As far as pricing goes, I have an agreement with the powers that be- I don't get involved in setting prices and they don't blend tobaccos. Frankly, I don't even know how one would set pricing for vintage tobacco or estate pipes.
It's a good thing that I wasn't around when they found the boxes, or there would be a lot less tobacco to choose from.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:46 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Did they post this up on the first of the month?

I just received the head's up in yesterday's email...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:08 pm

So...that means it's not an April Fools thing. LOL

I'm sorry...but I wouldn't pay those prices for any of those blends. All I have to do is think of what ELSE I could get for the same investment. But HEY...this is America...a free market (supposedly). I certainly bear no negative feelings toward those trying to make a buck. The guys at the site in question have ALWAYS done right by me - and I wish 'em the best of luck. Just not with my money.

See...for the same $24 as the old 2 oz. tins of whatever it is they were stuck with? I can get over 5 oz. of Sam Gawith St. James Flake Bulk (same vendor). So...REALLY? Two and a half times more of a likely way better item...whatever.

Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com D6bddf10Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com 29400910Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com 114e6110Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com Ddb39b10Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com Cf77ce10Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Storm_Crow

Storm_Crow

Registration date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey now, I bet that Berry Nice has fermented at this point. You'll be able to put a tiny unbrella in your pipe bowl. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com   Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:38 pm

It's amazing how the aged tobacco market has now found it's way onto the mainstream etailer pages. It's going the way of wine collecting. I wonder how long it'll be until someone stars selling pre-aged tobacco like Whiskey and Brandy distilleries do? McCranie┬┤s 5 year old Reserve Virginia, SG Special Choice 10 year FVF, McClelland "Ghost of Christmas Past" aged in a tin 15 years. Something like that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Some Vintage Blends at Pipesandcigars.com
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: