HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Wed May 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Current AWOL Pilot Roster:

17. Boxerbuddy

Anybody know what's up with Capt. BB?

View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Maybe he stepped out for a quick smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 am

He's been here on an off, and picked up my request to come over here and post up. I wonder, did we do something to rile him up in any way...you know how wild and unpredictable he can be! cyclops

View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 12, 2012 12:38 am

Then again, maybe he figured out what an unsavory group of characters we are. I once recall my best friend's wife telling him. "you need new friends." I wonder how that worked out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 12, 2012 12:55 am

Well...if you don't know, I'd say he followed her advice. Smile

View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 am

Actually, I did. I didn't want to rob him of his happiness. I figure I can outlive her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 12, 2012 2:33 am

BH - I just sent him a PM too. I'll keep you updated if I get a response...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm

My apologies gentlemen. Bombs are armed and ready to drop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Special Announcement - Unique Twist on the Bombing!

I was informed on Friday that Capt. Kaiser83 has received orders for deployment to Afganistan...leaving in the early dark of Monday morning, the 14th of this month. YES...that IS this monday.

He wasn't quite set for the assigned target, so I chose an alternate target that he could accomodate within his 'flyin' low' kind of schedule. So some lucky sod out there will get the odd box, so to speak. Treat it well, whomever, as the sender will be half way around the world serving his country by the time you get it.

I have to admit that I knew this was going to take place. He wanted to sign up but had deployment issues, and thought he would likely not be allowed to join in the fun. After letting him know that we were here to find ways to participate that would make it possible for him of enjoy our little game...not to shut the door in his face. So we talked about several options and he chose this one. He'll be on leave from the BoB Squadron while on "TDY" with his deployment. Upon his return he'll be re-activated to the Squadron with full rank and privilages.

So wherever you are now or in the future, Captain Kaiser...we salute you!

God speed and go with our blessing:

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
May the rains fall soft upon your fields,
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 am

So, when do we get to bomb Afghanistan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 10:46 am

Now that's actually an interesting thought.

View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Now that's actually an interesting thought.

A very good thought actually, I am sure many of our men and women over there would love a good bombing! Not sure how the US military feels about pipes and tobacco over there but there are many other things we can send.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Actually,there is a group that does a cigar bombing once a year. I will see if I can find the website or more info later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Yes, several of the B&M's in town have that set up. Easy to do...just find out what NG units your state has deployed and get an APO for them. I was thinking about some of our own! Very interesting concept indeed.

View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: gents   Sun May 13, 2012 7:51 pm

My bomb was launched and should land soon. I will be hopping the first of many flights in the morning, but will check in as best I can along the route.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Gentlemen. Regarding Military Bombings. I suggest checking with MikeM. He has on multiple occasion (Knox and Bob) coordinated military care packages for us.
I don't know if he would be interested in doing it again but it would be respectful to check with him first AND if he's not interested at least to get useful tips n so forth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 8:24 pm

I don't know that we're considering a care package thing...but thanks for the information. Regarding the aspect of respecting him for prior activities...I'm sure we all do. As to whether or not we need to check in with someone prior to doing something similar to what they've done in the past...it'll be interesting to trade notes with him, as I've taken the lead in Boxes for the Troops on several occasions...other sites. But times and circumstances change. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 13, 2012 11:50 pm

So...I'm gettin' hot to trot. Er...FLY!

I've been thinking though. Another mission all couped up in the bowels of "the steel beast"...sweatin' out the flak...prayin' the messerschmidts don't lock on and send up spiraling downward to a firey grave! I need to be OUT THERE! I need to feel the free and uncluttered air streaming past me...I wanna be streaking downward homing in on the unsuspecting spob and be able to put one where the sun don't SHINE!!! Um, well, maybe just toss it to him from a safe distance.

Man...I want to strap a jet pack on my back and whoosh off into the wild blue...

I wanna be...The Rocketeer!!!!!

Whew! There, I'm better now!

View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 14, 2012 2:27 am

Just re-watched the rocketeer the other day. A great film. Though the original comic by Dave Stevens is still the better version.

As to the bombing, the payload is being secured, the engines warmed and the flightpath checked against the latest weather data.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 14, 2012 2:50 am

Lesath wrote:
So, when do we get to bomb Afghanistan?

Heh - Bombing the US Military - that's an interesting thought... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 14, 2012 9:05 am

cherry Ordnance loaded; bomb racks full. Flight plan filed. Take off: 48 hours (to give crew time to sober up). pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 14, 2012 11:57 am

I'm ready to fly in 24 hours,, My Logistics Tech and Flight plan co ordinator has me taking off tomorrow.

I just hope she was right, as Id hate to be in enemy territory a day early and all alone......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Payload loaded today and will be enroute tomorrow. MIKE
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 14, 2012 3:23 pm

The BLACKHORSE AVATAR HAS CHANGED ! ! !

In honor of our BoB's who are deploying within the next few days, I've changed my avatar to reflect past glories...or whatever.

Godspeed to all - return home to your loved ones safely, and keep you and yours well during your time away.

BTW: My loadout is packed and ready for delivery. The engines will turn over tomorrow morning and my little gal will wing her way toward our target.

EEEEEEEEE-HAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Hmmmm. I wonder if that towel of hers will flap in the wind as I'm flyin' over the countyside. Certainly would be 'interesting'.

Last edited by Blackhorse on Mon May 14, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 14, 2012 5:41 pm

I'd like to chime in with Blackhorse, and use his words exactly.

Godspeed to all - return home to your loved ones safely, and keep you and yours well during your time away.

And I Thank You for your Honor, and sense of Duty to our Country, and others, that you are serving . Be Safe !
Back to top Go down
View user profile

the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next