HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Second looey to fly no doubt...but to pilot a crew manned bomber we assign the rank of Captain...due to the vast resposibilities of maintaining a good disposition, prudent selection of bomb loadout, timely response to mission directives, arrival of bombload at target location in synch with fellow squadron members, accurate delivery of bombs on target itself, maintaining necessary secrecy according to the high level of security clearance, behavior according to the code of conduct, and the like.

I've done a fair amount of flying in the Army as well with both WO's and commissioned officers...choppers mostly, but some small fixed wing...med-evac, transports, etc. Taking nothing away from the skill and dedication of those pilots, heavy combat missions like these are a whole different ball game. This is serious business we're about, gentlemen. Hence the status of the Captaincy for our pilots.

Cool

View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm

As long as we're handing our ranks, I'm in!

(I sent BH a PM a few days ago...I haven't mucked up and missed a cut-off have I?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Just sent a msg back to idb - he's in the thing...poor devil!

That makes our total at this point...30! Wow!

Target selection will be made within a few days. As we usually aim for mid-month for the mission date, we're in good shape time-wise.

Those that are scheduled to receive mission data early are MisterE and Natch...due to geography and travel plans, etc.

NO...others do not get advance notice. If you have special or unique circumstances...PM me and you might qualify for early warning...for a fee! lol

View user profile
Dreadgerbil

Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Tue May 01, 2012 11:37 am

I stumbled across this picture and I think this should be the man leading our bombing forays because he looks seriously smooth. Apparently he was one of the Tuskegee Airmen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Indeed...he is a handsome guy...though likely dead now. No dead guys allowed (meaning no disrespect to whomever that is).

I was thinking of someone like...

Lando!

View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Tue May 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Indeed...he is a handsome guy...though likely dead now. No dead guys allowed (meaning no disrespect to whomever that is).

I was thinking of someone like...

Lando!

Smooth indeed but lacking of a pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: kelso   Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Andie McDowell....not smooth but hot. Even getting a little age to her she is still hot, and with a pipe. Or Kelso from Scrubs lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: epic   Tue May 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Or..something like this except with pitying the fool who gets bombed. Mr. T is epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Tue May 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Like Mr. T, "Mississippi Mud" needs to go back and repent & find salvation at the Church of C&D. A little soul-searching would do that mix well. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Careful Kyle. The man in the big red suit and his acolytes read this forum and have some of your new favorite blend ready for your sack of coal.

I take it Mississippi Mud just didn't do it for you? I enjoy it in moderation, particularly when I really want to offend someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuckeyeBoy34

Registration date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Tue May 01, 2012 10:45 pm

I am game for round two of bombing!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 am

Lesath wrote:
Careful Kyle. The man in the big red suit and his acolytes read this forum and have some of your new favorite blend ready for your sack of coal.

I take it Mississippi Mud just didn't do it for you? I enjoy it in moderation, particularly when I really want to offend someone.

It had all the funk of James Brown, except not while performing, but by being intoxicated and beating women. Started out as a great idea, but gets angry quickly and leaves a bad taste in the mouth when finished.

I didn't hate the stuff, it simply was just boring enough to let the bad through and just good enough to make me go back for more--then wishing I hadn't.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Fri May 04, 2012 3:19 pm

getting antsy for the next target here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Fri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
getting antsy for the next target here
Because target-specific plans might need to be laid before runs start next weekend. . . ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Pilots take note!

Bombing Mission Date: Friday, May 18th (this and all future dates are set for the 3rd Friday of the month).

Announcement of the Target Selections: to be done on Mondays…'roughly' 2 wks prior.

Assignment for May: to be announced on Monday, May 7th (and future assignments will be made accordingly).

Pre-notice to pilots with geographic or travel issues has already occured.

Be ready to prepare your bombloads and alert ground crews to do preliminary pre-flight checks and any needed maintenance on your planes.

View user profile
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Squadron Leader Blackhorse, requesting private communication in order to check my lines. War Birds have been prepared and ground crew assembled for the intel Ops to decide which of the Birds and destruction method will be used. On standby until futher notice Sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Attn: All Pilots

Item: Duty Roster

Check In: All pilots are required to check in via post here tonight or tomorrow morning prior to receiving mission orders. This is a final security check and is required in order to receive orders. The roster is posted below. Please acknowledge by posting back that you are present and ready for orders (or some such). If for any reason you will not be able to fullfill mission requirements, post that you are requesting a leave of absence.

If you do not post back you will be considered AWOL and subject to the penalties listed in the standard code of conduct...aka: Article 15.

Current Pilot Roster:

1. kieveryuu

2. Mozjo33

3. Cuervo25_1

4. Roogles

5. Lesath (already reported)

6. Rob_In_MO

7. s.ireland

8. DrT999

9. Kyle Weiss (already reported)

10. Taharris

11. EC Outlaw

12. Dreadgerbil

13. tech2576

14. sam a

15. DustyRoundup

16. MisterE (already reported)

17. Boxerbuddy

18. BuckeyeBoy34

19. Tim_Haggerty

20. jefe1037

21. kaiser83 (already reported)

22. George Kaplan

23. UberHuberMan

24. SPUD 15

25. Dave_In_Philly

26. i. keenum

27. Natch (already reported)

28. Cigar2you

29. Idbowman

30. Blackhorse (Commanding)

Sent from Mission Command: Blackhorse Commanding. Major Lesath XO, Major Kiel Weiss XO.

Transmission ended. Over and Out.

View user profile
EC Outlaw

Registration date : 2011-11-24

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Available for duty, sir. The A-26 Invader is pre-flighted and awaiting load and target designation.

Last edited by EC Outlaw on Mon May 07, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 pm

I will be joining the other aces in this mission!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Ireland here and ready for duty! Let's make this a good one boys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Still here... ready and waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Ready
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Aye, Aye. Present for counting, and ready to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 am

flight suit check
birds ready check
comm ready check
destructive device on standby
intel on standby
Pilot ready for mission Sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 07, 2012 2:29 am

Here and Ready for duty, Sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next