HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

tobacconist in Syracuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: tobacconist in Syracuse    Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 am

I find myself staying in downtown Syracuse for a few days and wondering if there are any decent tobacco shops worth visiting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: tobacconist in Syracuse    Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 am

NOPE,,,The one decent tobacconist downsized twice and then sold out. The dregs of that catastrophe is now a 12x12 room selling cigarettes and magazines.

There were at one time several nice shops.
What you get now is magazine, newspaper, and lotto ticket racks with cigarettes sales a prime focus.

Rockys news 447 N. Salina Street has a few pipes and some bulk Lane limited tobacco. If you ask for tins you get a blank stare. They did have a walk in humidor with a good line of cigars last time I was there.

Just up from Rockys on the same side of the street is North Salina cigar shop. Same offerings,,,cigars primarily.

A few of us tried to get Rockys to offer some Uhles blends and they seemed interested but it never happened.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: tobacconist in Syracuse    Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:41 pm

mark wrote:
NOPE,,,The one decent tobacconist downsized twice and then sold out. The dregs of that catastrophe is now a 12x12 room selling cigarettes and magazines.

There were at one time several nice shops.
What you get now is magazine, newspaper, and lotto ticket racks with cigarettes sales a prime focus.

Rockys news 447 N. Salina Street has a few pipes and some bulk Lane limited tobacco. If you ask for tins you get a blank stare. They did have a walk in humidor with a good line of cigars last time I was there.

Just up from Rockys on the same side of the street is North Salina cigar shop. Same offerings,,,cigars primarily.

A few of us tried to get Rockys to offer some Uhles blends and they seemed interested but it never happened.

Rocky's is only good for their cigar dinner that they hold every year..............
Actually met Eric Nording there one year. Even bought a couple of pipes and some tins from him at the event. king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

PostSubject: Re: tobacconist in Syracuse    Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 am

I wondered into Mallard's. Not the greatest but I was able to pick up a tin of Presbyterian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: tobacconist in Syracuse    Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
I wondered into Mallard's. Not the greatest but I was able to pick up a tin of Presbyterian.

Where is Mallards? I stay over in the 'Cuse every once in a while. It is always nice to find a smoking lounge, particularly in that neck of the cold woods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

PostSubject: Re: tobacconist in Syracuse    Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 pm

riff raff wrote:
Dave_In_Philly wrote:

Where is Mallards? I stay over in the 'Cuse every once in a while. It is always nice to find a smoking lounge, particularly in that neck of the cold woods.

It's right in Armory Square. 208 Walton Street Syracuse, NY 13202.

Its right up the street from Empire Brewery. Its not worth a special trip, but I passed it walking from my car to the restaurant so I poked in. The woman was really nice. She said that pipes and tobacco out sold cigars. It didn't look like she sold much of either, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: tobacconist in Syracuse    Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks, is there a place to smoke?

quote="Dave_In_Philly"]
riff raff wrote:
Dave_In_Philly wrote:

It's right in Armory Square. 208 Walton Street Syracuse, NY 13202.

Its right up the street from Empire Brewery. Its not worth a special trip, but I passed it walking from my car to the restaurant so I poked in. The woman was really nice. She said that pipes and tobacco out sold cigars. It didn't look like she sold much of either, but you never know. [/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: tobacconist in Syracuse    Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:10 pm

riff raff wrote:
Thanks, is there a place to smoke? (Mallards)

No

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

tobacconist in Syracuse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: