HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) Empty
PostSubject: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Hello all,

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't have a massive collection of pipes like some of you, so I've got to show them one by one so I can enjoy the conversation longer!

This is one of my absolute favorite shapes. I've followed Tom Eltang's work for quite a while and love his take on the Ramses pipe....so I copied it, or did my best to try.

I made this pipe from a piece of pre-Romeo briar (meaning less than great quality wood I bought before I started buying from the best), so I kept it for myself. It remains one of my favorite pipes to smoke. It hangs very comfortably and is a great "hands off" pipe. You'll get a little up your nose every once in a while, but aroma is part of the fun in my mind Very Happy

I've made one other very similar to this and sold it to a good friend of mine, and I'm sure I'll be making more. Technically, they're very hard to make, but I think they're worth it.

Take a look.

One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) IMG3010-L

One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) IMG3012-L

One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) IMG3016-L

Thanks for looking.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
http://GrowleyPipes.com
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I love my Growley Ramses! Its the perfect pipe for hands free enjoyment. A bit small but its perfect on the go. I like to smoke it while I restore old estate pipes or am shaping a stummel. Good stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
Rusty Mouse

Rusty Mouse

Registration date : 2012-01-10

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Just freakin' brilliant.

Outstanding.
Back to top Go down
CygnusXII

CygnusXII

Registration date : 2012-03-21

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm

That Grain on the back side is fabulous. Even if you think you used a lesser briar, it turned out looking fantastic. Nice lines, color, grain. Over all a keeper, for sure.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm

That Oom Paol shape and your Boat=tailed Bulldog need to become standard catalog models you make. BOTH are just completely unique and could become signature models for you !! that's some FINE,FINE work! Some of the BEST i've seen !! And they look to be realistic, smokeable sized pipes !! I LOVE seeing every new one you post !! Razz
Back to top Go down
Hater

Hater

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:37 am

Your pipe really are just stunning.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:34 am

Without doubt you are more skilled than you give yourself credit for. One of the most beautiful pipes I have ever seen. I don't see any issues with the wood used at all. My sincerest compliments.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:37 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Without doubt you are more skilled than you give yourself credit for. One of the most beautiful pipes I have ever seen. I don't see any issues with the wood used at all. My sincerest compliments.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

I see you're in Denver. I lived in COS for about 6 years. I'm returning there next week for a wedding. Too bad we couldn't get together and enjoy a nice pipe!

Thanks again.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
http://GrowleyPipes.com
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Just beautiful, I love everything about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
PhilD

PhilD

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Beautiful design and execution. I would be proud to have it in my pipe rack. cheers
Back to top Go down
tech2576

tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Sir, that is some fine work!
Back to top Go down
Brurobas

Brurobas

Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)   One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:41 am

Awesome!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.brpipes.com

One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: