HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:39 pm

And 7 hours later this was the result. It's resting & cooling now, to be pulled for sandwiches later this evening... Made a batch of Potato Salad and picked up a carton of Cole Slaw. My wife and daughter hate it when I do things like this... Cool

Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain Pork_b10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
My wife and daughter hate it when I do things like this...

WHY!!!! Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:09 pm

I want some! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
Rob_In_MO wrote:

WHY!!!! Question

Just kidding. They really enjoy it! Razz
Within the next week or 2, i'll have to smoke another Brisket.

Mister E - if you were closer, Brother, i'd invite you to dinner anytime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Aw man, I can almost taste it and smell it just from looking at it. I bet you dont even need a knife, you can just pull it apart..... king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:26 pm

I'll be there shortly, on my way Smile

Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:37 pm

MisterE wrote:
Aw man, I can almost taste it and smell it just from looking at it. I bet you dont even need a knife, you can just pull it apart..... king

Yes Sir, all that is needed is a pair of forks - and start pulling it apart. Left it on the smoker until the center hit 195-deg. F. It actually started to fall apart when removing it from the grate.

All Brothers of Briar are welcome here for dinner.

Here is the result after being pulled. This is what's left after my daughter insisted we take a bowl of this to her Grandma. The bowl is still quite full, it's the camera angle that makes it look like there is less than what is actually there.

Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain Pork_s10

Now onto buns and topped with Maul's KC Style Sauce for the family, and a Vinegar Sauce for me. This is gonna be a rough evening... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 am

I F------ hate you right now. I hate myself more for looking at the thread, but damn I hate you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 am

Some people never learn the definition of real barbeque. That my brother is the real deal! Congrats on the perfect charred exterior! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 am

*whimper*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:23 am

Nice to see you are spent your time away from work wisely......nothing better than some good BBQ. And I live in the best city in the world for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 am

scotties22 wrote:
Nice to see you are spent your time away from work wisely......nothing better than some good BBQ. And I live in the best city in the world for it.

Yeah, it's become almost another hobby. The downside is that family wants me to cook stuff for them at the same time now. They usually chip in a bag of coals or a chunk of meat for us to keep, so it isn't exactly a bad deal.

If I don't have a lot of food to smoke at one time, I often convert one of my Weber Kettle Grills to a smoker. They do a fantastic job as a smoker, and use about 1/3 the amount of coals that darn smoker takes. It's very easy to do, and literally takes only a couple of minutes to switch one over to a smoker. Honestly, I did this for about 3 years before I ever bought that WSM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:51 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:
Rob_In_MO wrote:

WHY!!!! Question

Just kidding. They really enjoy it! Razz
Within the next week or 2, i'll have to smoke another Brisket.

Rob, how do you keep it lit? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm

We used to have a little smoker with a heating element in it. It worked fairly well, but didn't produce the same tasty treats that a wood fired one does. I don't remember what happened to it, but it dissapeared and I haven't smoked anything since. I do ribs in the oven every once in a while. But, with the options available to me here in KC it is sooo much easier, and tastier, to just order take out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Jers

Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:13 pm

I know how Dibgy feels...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Xs0lFlpkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzakiel

tzakiel

Registration date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:34 pm

I love my WSM cooker... made ribs for 7 hours a few weeks ago... I need to fire it up again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Dang!
That looks delish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 am

I got a CharGriller w. smoker attachment last year and like it. My go-to pork is a pork loin that I smoke for about 4-5 hours. It is a dry meat and not conducive to pulling. I put it on a slicer and cut it paper thin. Beats the heck out of lunch meat.

I have apple trees in the yard and harvest wood for smoking. It is a delicate smoke that really makes things tasty.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain   Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:47 pm

While I hate it when people take pictures of food they buy at restaurants, pubs and diners, I certainly dig people's efforts like this.

Looks wonderful, Rob! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain
Page 1 of 1