HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 am

So - no photos...just a link. But one that is really pretty cool. It shows off my native city (pop. 2 mil +) of Portland, OR via a short video composed of a ba-zillion stitches photos. Locally done by 'a couple of guys'. It looks to have been done primarily in the Winter, so you can see what's under the trees (lol) but there are some sequences that are Spring, etc. It really seems to focus on urban traffic a lot...and I guess this is one of the aspects of a 'city'...but there's a good amount of footage of many of the surrounding natural 'stuff'. Sorry to be so technical. lol

Anyway...here's one link...of you can just google: Finding Portland Video...and you should have your pick.

Make it full screen for sure...it's got the detail to look good that way.

http://vimeo.com/41011190

And here's one on the whole state...sort of:

http://www.vagabondish.com/finding-oregon-time-lapse-photography-video/

Yadda, yadda, yadda! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 11:51 am

haha. now I just can't see you in any other way than in an episode of Portlandia.

Holy hell I searched blackhorse portland and found a picture of you:

Laughing ok, ok, ok watching videos now....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 pm

wow, man...speechless. As beautiful as that first vid of the city is (and it is beautiful) that seond one is just awesome in the truest sence of the word. I've been to Oregon quite a nuber of times and the beauty that surrounds it is staggering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Damn you, Stumptown. Damn you and your cool factor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Great videos. I love Oregon. I've only been a few times in my life, haven't been to Portland since I was 7, but I just went to visit family in Bend two summers ago. It is so beautiful and I'm certain that I'll live up there in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm

You're priveleged to live in a place like that BH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: Bend...it's in the high desert. Great county. Very unlike where I live. The state is really a number of different places, geographically and in terms of climate. If you start at the Pacific and go inland (which is East for you 'otherworldly' folks) you hit the beach and then a shallow coastal plain (and coastal climate off the ocean) that quickly slopes up into the "Coast Range' of low mountains...geophysically it's a 'wrinkle. Then on the far slope of that is the central Valley (the Northern valley is the Willamette Valley wherein lies Portland). The valley goes on til it hits the upslope of the Cascade Range...real mountains (volcanos)...like St. Helens if you remember that little gem. These are around 10K ft. Then on East and all of a sudden you're into arid country as the Coast Range takes all the moisture out of the incoming flow. Because of this and the fact that on basic weather here is from the onshore flow off the ocean (wet) the weather is basically wet for 8-9 months of the year...and it's REALLY green, year-round. From the Cascades to the Eastern border of the state is 2/3 of the 'width'...and it's basically a desert...some of it high desert (elevation-wise). That's pretty much it. I drive 1 1/2 hrs to the coast, the same to the mountains. Nice...variety! 50 miles to the South is the 45th parallel...halfway between the equator and the pole...um, the North one. It rarely snows, but it can. We often go several years without a snowfall...a really heavy snow might be 4" - 8", but Winter is typically in the 40's...but we love a good hard freeze cause it kills most of the bugs for thje following Summer...when it's in the 80's, but it can go over a hundred once every 5 years or so. But even without a good freeze (in the teens) there are very few 'bugs' here that plague most other places with a warmer climate. It's not very humid, like it is in the Mid-West, on the East Coast and in the South.

So come on out! Visit! Enjoy yourself and be sure to bring lots of money. But don't plan on moving here...we don't allow it. lol

Well, there you have it. I could give you a similar rundown on what the local culture is like...but maybe another time. I've blathered on enough as it is...as usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laherb

Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!   Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 pm

If all goes as planned I will be making my way up through Oregon next summer. Can't wait to check out what Oregon has to offer.

Abe
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My name is Blackhorse, and I live in Portland. Video!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1