HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Had to fix my Avatar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Had to fix my Avatar   Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm

LIPIPE wrote:
Hey Rob in Mo: You are the only guy posting here without a pipe in your mouth. Better get with the program bud. Such a good lookin' crusty old gent deserves a handsome pipe.

At the request of Marty 'LIPIPE', I had to make an adjustment to my Avatar. I can always change it when I find a more suitable pipe, but hopefully this will work for now...

Twisted Evil

Let me put this out here - if any of you Brothers with better software and more talent than I have can come up with a better pipe for my Avatar (the photo is widely available), post the pic here or send it to me for consideration. Of course you can PM me for my email address.

Maybe a nice Freehand or an evil looking Carved Meer - something cool looking...

I have seen the creativity of some of the members here, and i'm sure something better can be made. Be sure to consider who He is (me) and come up with a more suitable pipe for a man of His (my) power and position. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Fri May 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Maybe someone can find one of Stalin's Dunhill's for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Fri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Nice touch! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Fri May 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Someone ought to tell Palpatine you don't need to chomp on the entire stem... scratch

Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Sat May 05, 2012 9:21 am

Rob: You have honored my request and in so doing you have honored me.

I am grateful and I want to tell you that you have chosen the absolutely perfect pipe to smoke. It is good to have a conversation with a pipe smoking brother who looks you in the eye and listens intently to what you have to say. Guys like you now and me and PB are men who pay attention. Even Kyle cleaned up his act. He too no longer hangs upside down in the company of his brothers. I believe we have begun a good trend. Now it is up to all other brothers to post a manly avatar with a good looking pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Sat May 05, 2012 9:33 am

LIPIPE wrote:
Even Kyle cleaned up his act. He too no longer hangs upside down in the company of his brothers.

Pffff...we'll see. We'll see. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 am

LIPIPE wrote:
Now it is up to all other brothers to post a manly avatar with a good looking pipe.

Is my pic manly enough for you, Marty, or should I go back to my old "Lord Coxwain" avatar? (below)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 pm

The hairy chin is more becoming. Stick with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Sat May 05, 2012 12:19 pm

LIPIPE wrote:
Rob: You have honored my request and in so doing you have honored me.

I am grateful and I want to tell you that you have chosen the absolutely perfect pipe to smoke. It is good to have a conversation with a pipe smoking brother who looks you in the eye and listens intently to what you have to say. Guys like you now and me and PB are men who pay attention. Even Kyle cleaned up his act. He too no longer hangs upside down in the company of his brothers. I believe we have begun a good trend. Now it is up to all other brothers to post a manly avatar with a good looking pipe.

Marty: Not a problem, sir. I am honored that you took the time to point this out to me. Honoring your request was the least I could do.

You and I have had several serious conversations in the past, and each was most enjoyable. Whether I agreed with you on all points or not wasn't the issue, it was the fact that we could have an intelligent conversation where both parties listen, analyze, and discuss the issue at hand. That is something I respect in an individual.

Even though I often joke around on here (95% of the time), I do listen and give consideration to advice when it is given. Naturally you have to use your own judgment when it comes to advice given, but I always give consideration to what a pipe smoking brother is telling me when he is being serious.

Yes - hopefully the trend will continue with the rest of the brothers missing a pipe in their avatar. Just don't bet on Kyle cleaning up his act - as you saw his response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

PostSubject: Re: Had to fix my Avatar   Sat May 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Rob: We are brothers in different states from different mothers, but truly brothers. When we have each other we are not alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Had to fix my Avatar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: