HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My modest and balooning pipe collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
desertpiper

desertpiper

Registration date : 2012-03-20

My modest and balooning pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:07 am

My modest and balooning pipe collection Dscf1210
Here is a pic of my modest pipe collection. The bottom two are Savinelli's I waited almost two months for the 316 Tundra saucer, the bottom one is a e-bay purchase. The next two are Bjarne's, one a free hand the other I"m not sure, but it's my first serious pipe (any help identifying it would be appreciated). The next one is a french pipe, Castiglione. Then the required Peterson system standard 302. then an old C.B. Perking (great smoker). Then my very first pipe, purchased at one of those smoke shops of ill repute. And last bu not least the ugly duckling simply says made in Italy.
Back to top Go down
DustyRoundup

DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:19 am

Very nice looking collection you have there !

Is the pipe you say was your first, a Belgique??
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:05 pm

That saucer is awesome! I love that shape. Cool Very nice collection. Mine isn't that nice, because I have a lot of garbage mixed in with the good stuff. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Nice collection. Actually I think the Ugly Duckling is pretty cool... Cool
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: nice   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Nice collection. The second Bjarne is awesome. A nice rotation of pipes sir.
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Hooray for the Bjarne! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:11 pm

I have to be careful when I use the Bjarne. If I fill it to the top, the smoke will last at least 2.5 to 3 hours! And it's a good smoker, easy draw and thick walls. I just can't seem to find it anywhere else, so I don't know what it's name is.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:39 pm

cheers cheers Thats a great start, your doing a lot better then I did when I started... lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:58 pm

I think the key word there is "start". Which is very true, much to my wife's dismay, lol. I'm already thinking about a poker and a bulldog. I want to see what all the fuss is about with bulldogs. But for now my two go to pipes are the big round Bjarne and the Savinelli saucer.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:27 pm

desertpiper wrote:
I want to see what all the fuss is about with bulldogs.

I think that you will like the Bulldog. I can't pin down what exactly it is about this shape, but it has become my favorite. Many others on here will tell you the same thing. They kind of grow on you, if you know what I mean.

BTW - if you ever get tired of the 'Ugly Duckling', let me know - we might be able to work something out...
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:47 pm

desertpiper wrote:
I want to see what all the fuss is about with bulldogs. .

I have over 30 of 'em and you'll find they are just about the PERFECT pipe Razz I especially like Bent Bulldogs w/Saddle bits Razz Then there are Pots ....... What a Face
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:15 pm

30 of them! That's what I'm talking about. Must be something about them and I aim to find out what. Might even do a 3-D model and do some tweaks to it, see what I come up with.
Back to top Go down
CygnusXII

CygnusXII

Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:30 pm

I like that Pete 302. That was one of my first expensive pipes to own. 302XL a fantastic smoker. The only gripe I have about it has to do with the cold. I was walking down the street on a very cold day, in Texas. One of the coldest days we had had on record for a long time. The pipe stem got so cold it separated from the bowl, and dropped to the ground, where I immediately kicked it with my foot (hey I was walking!) and it went flying down the sidewalk. It suffered a big ding on the band, but I smoked that pipe for a long time after that.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:25 pm

The fun part is searching and buying more pipes...that will never get old lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:33 pm

That Peterson was my very first e-bay purchase. And yep, it's a good smoker. Haven't decided what blends I want to use it for, still experimenting with that one.
Back to top Go down
BuckeyeBoy34

Registration date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:29 pm

I am a fan of the big Bjarne. It sounds like a nice looong smoke when filled to the top a relaxing evening, but then you can't go wrong with a Peterson either. A very nice budding collection.
Back to top Go down
lab1dobie

Registration date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: My modest and balooning pipe collection   My modest and balooning pipe collection EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Very nice collection there!
Back to top Go down

My modest and balooning pipe collection
Page 1 of 1