HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Ugly but good smoking pipe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

My Ugly but good smoking pipe Empty
PostSubject: My Ugly but good smoking pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:48 pm

My Ugly but good smoking pipe Gedc1412
I like the grain.
My Ugly but good smoking pipe Gedc1413
As glamorous as this pipe can get. It is my first attempt at carving a pipe. It was a pre-drilled block kit. Definitely learned I need to sand one heck of a lot more to get a good finish on it. It is going to see a lot of time in the sand though so I am content with it for the purpose (pocket pipe to bang around deploying).

Back to top Go down
tech2576

tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My Ugly but good smoking pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Very nice first pipe! You did just fine.
Thanks for your service. When do you get deployed? We will thinking of you while out and wish you a safe and successful mission.
My stepson will be deployed this fall sometime, so advise me of your location if you can and I will alert him!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My Ugly but good smoking pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:41 pm

That ain't so bad. There's pipes that are ugly and with no personality--at least yours had personality! Laughing

Glad you're fond of it--gotta love the first go at a pipe. I'll keep mine forever. Cool
Back to top Go down
jefe1037

jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: My Ugly but good smoking pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Nice pipe! Looks like a big honker. Does she sit up?
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

PostSubject: evil pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
That ain't so bad. There's pipes that are ugly and with no personality--at least yours had personality! Laughing

Glad you're fond of it--gotta love the first go at a pipe. I'll keep mine forever. Cool

Yes it does, my sister tells me that it fits right in with my rusted old truck, fishin poles, and guns lol!

jefe1037 wrote:
Nice pipe! Looks like a big honker. Does she sit up?

Evil or Very Mad Nope it sure won't that is part of its' personality. I had hoped that it would but the balance is off so it topples right on over.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: My Ugly but good smoking pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:40 am

kaiser83 wrote:

Yes it does, my sister tells me that it fits right in with my rusted old truck, fishin poles, and guns lol!

Effin' A, Brother--way to keep it real. Sis knows what's up. Cool
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

PostSubject: cob   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:47 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Effin' A, Brother--way to keep it real. Sis knows what's up. Cool

lol! lol! Sis is bumming the truck while I am gone and keeps insisting I let her take my guns to the range. The wife loves shooting and bumping around on old dirt roads, even more after a good rain. This pipe is my "corn cob" where I can take it fishing, mudding, wherever and if I drop it, it is no huge deal lol.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: My Ugly but good smoking pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:52 am

Indeed.

I have "field pipes." Some of 'em are worse than others, but all of 'em do their job and do it well. Cool
Back to top Go down
WizardOfAZ

Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: My Ugly but good smoking pipe   My Ugly but good smoking pipe EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Buy generally speaking,,, yes, that's a hideous pipe... Laughing No, but seriously,,, It looks alright. If it smokes good,,, who cares. Some of my best smoking pipes are the ones my friends think are ugly. But I don't let them smoke my pipes,,, so if beauty is on the inside,,, then only I can know. Wink
Back to top Go down

My Ugly but good smoking pipe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: