HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
onabullit

onabullit

Registration date : 2010-11-20

ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th Empty
PostSubject: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:20 pm

ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th 800a10

This Pipe is the Blue Whale of Briars! at about 16" (A Foot Long Briar Bowl) long and 5 " high, this is one hell of a pipe!

Don Florian's #800! stamped 8CENTO.

A friendly guy named Matteo in Italy carves these beauties out of his seemingly endless supply of huge Straight Grain Sardinian Briar blocks. I already own 5 of them ranging from 150-685 grams. If any of the brother's are interested in these magnificent pipes, the are moderately priced at $100-300 and can be purchased directly from Matteo.
He also carves impressive traditional and danish shaped pipes and some nice olive wood pieces

He can be reached by email at pipecigars.ebay@gmail.com

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pipe-cigars

www.DonFlorian.com

Thanks for the fine smokers Matteo, only way I know how to repay you is to share my Italian Collegamento (Connection) with my brothers here on the board

-Hooks

Back to top Go down
smokinbriar

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:34 am

You will need a can of tobacco to fill it.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Very nice fella, he is. Responds to emails right away, too. His pipes like this strike me as conversation pieces more than smokers. Smoker den knickknacks. Not really crazy about any of his stem work. I don't think any of them are custom. Basket stems.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Just a big, polished hunks of briar. Doesn't really look like a pipe! But then it is an "Artisan Pipe" Twisted Evil JMHO Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:04 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Just a big, polished hunks of briar. Doesn't really look like a pipe! But then it is an "Artisan Pipe" Twisted Evil JMHO Twisted Evil

I would agree with Monbla here. It's a beautiful way to show of a very nice piece of wood, but I'm not sure drilling a couple of holes in it and attaching a stem makes it a great pipe. Just my opinion though.

There will be someone out there that absolutely HAS to have one though. I guess it's good we all have different tastes.

Back to top Go down
http://GrowleyPipes.com
onabullit

onabullit

Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:10 pm

No, it doesnt "look" like a pipe. If all pipes looked like this, briar would be extinct.

I know where you guys are coming from, but indeed everyone has different tastes. I prefer a one-off Preben Holm Freehand over say a Dunhill. Not because of the grain, collector value, or little white dot on the stem, not even because they smoke any better because they usually don't. I just like having a unique shape in my hand and some weight to the briar.

As for Don Florian pipes, they smoke great. Not sure If I will smoke this big monster though or just leave in on the top center of my pipe rack. Sure theyre conversation pieces, but they actually do smoke very nice and cool with a perfect draw. Theyre not for mowing the lawn though. Definitely not a clencher.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:52 pm

I have one Don Florian in my collection, and I must tell you guys, it is one of those pipes I found so gorgeous, I have yet to set fire to it.

Having said that, on appearances alone, sitting in my pipe rack, it can easily draw your eyes away from some of my $300 pipes. I managed to get one with some fantastic straight grain, yet I paid less than $100.

Personally, I am very happy with the one I have, and I keep an eye on his auctions. He also carves some olive wood pipes, but in my opinion, they are no match for the quality of his straight grains. Cool
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:26 pm

I like big pipes but DAMMMMMMMMN thats a big one. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
GamleVking

GamleVking

Registration date : 2012-05-16

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:13 am

Sweet looking pipe. How does it smoke?
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th   ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:14 am

Great conversation piece, kind of silly as a pipe. He might as well had someone carve "The Last Supper" or something on the side. Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down

ULTRA/MEGA/MASSIVE/BEHEMOTH MAGNUM by DON FLORIAN, his 800th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: