HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Favorite Margarita Recipe?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Doody

Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

Favorite Margarita Recipe? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Margarita Recipe?   Favorite Margarita Recipe? EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Would love to hear the brothers' favorite margarita recipes.

I tend towards a 6:4:2:1 ratio of tequila, fresh-squeezed lime juice, Cointreau, and agave nectar - respectively. Shaken and served over ice. I'm not a salt fan.

But I'd very much like to hear of other opinions!

TIA!
Doody
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Variable

Variable

Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Margarita Recipe?   Favorite Margarita Recipe? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:36 am

Pretty much that same recipe. I sometimes use a mix of key lime juice and freshly squeezed lime juice. Always use Cointreau (Grand Marnier will also do in a pinch.) We NEVER use triple sec or Margarita mix. They give me heartburn. We usually serve them just like you do. On the rocks, no salt, usually in a nice pint glass as we don't like traditional Margarita glasses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Margarita Recipe?   Favorite Margarita Recipe? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:55 am

The best margarita I ever drank was in a restaurant in downtown Phoenix about 10 years ago. I believe it was Maria's Grill and they used a locally made fresh mix (possibly Braden's). It wasn't too sweet nor too tart and didn't give any heart burn (my main complaints about margaritas in general). The best approximation I've come up with is using Sauza gold and Sauza margarita mix with about a half ounce of orange juice to soften up the tartness.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Margarita Recipe?   Favorite Margarita Recipe? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Back in the day

While I was stationed overseas, we would all get together in a buddies room, to drink and watch James Bond movies all day.

we'd sit in a chair, tilt our head back, and a buddy would pour mix and Tequila,to his specks, in our mouth, you lean forward and shake, and swallow.
Those were dam good Margarita's !!!

I think the ratio of Tequila was pretty high Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Margarita Recipe?   Favorite Margarita Recipe? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:32 pm

One weekend, we did that and then went to watch a USO show, outdoors with Tanya Tucker, and Barbera Fairchild.

Tanya Tucker shakin that booty not more than 15 ft away from me, and me on a Tequila Drunk.......Oh yeah! Good times!

She signed my Straw Stetson " Love Tanya Tucker 86" Very Happy

and I got to hug Barbera...... Very Happy

Damn , life was good back then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Favorite Margarita Recipe?
Page 1 of 1