HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Doancha just love peanut butter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Doancha just love peanut butter?   Mon May 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Thick and Chunky PB on a stick of Celery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Doancha just love peanut butter?   Mon May 28, 2012 7:10 pm

>>>IF? IF they came out with an aromatic that had a hint of peanutbutter, how many of you PB lovers would actually give it a try?<<<

Many burley blends have a nice nutty flavor, though I'd say they tend toward walnuty.

Years ago I smoked a cubed burley treat named, I think, Mixture 222. Used to be my go-to mix and it educated me on what the phrase "nutty flavor" in reference to tobacco meant. Then it just vanished. Pffft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Doancha just love peanut butter?   Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 pm

kieveryuu wrote:
Another weird sounding but great tasting one is PB, honey and pickles. Great.

Hah! Used to make something like this when I was a kid. PB, sliced midget dill gherkins, mayo. Was pretty dang good iirc, but haven't had it since then.

I was brought up on Jif, but can't stand it now - they use emulsifiers in it to prevent the oil from separating and it tastes like it has Crisco in it or something! silent

PB & honey on a toasted english muffin is a match made in heaven. Used to be one of my munchie go-tos back when I smoked that "other" pipe tobacco. Razz

While I'm normally not too big on sweets these days, I do really enjoy fresh baked PB cookies occasionally. Throw in some semi-sweet chocolate chips and I'm in hog heaven! tongue

Also like Cashew butter, but like Almond butter the price is twice the cost of PB and the serving size is about half. Needless to say I don't buy them often but they are a real treat!

Used to be able to get fresh ground PB at a grocery store near where I lived before. They had a big machine with peanuts in the top hopper and you put the container of your choice below under the chute. Press start and it would grind them there on the spot! The mix came out sort of halfway between creamy and chunky, but it didn't get any fresher than that!

geek

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Doancha just love peanut butter?   Mon May 28, 2012 8:25 pm

I grew up eating Jiff and it's about the only peanut butter I really like to this day. My wife is into every natural and flavored kind of pb you can think of, but I just can't go for that oil on the top...just.

I guess I was a PB and Jelly snobb... I only liked Jiff and Welches Grape jelly. Peter Pan just made a mockery of a good sandwich in my opinion. I never knew I was a PB snobb as a child, I just thought everyone else's mothers didn't know how to make a pb&j sandwich.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com

PostSubject: Re: Doancha just love peanut butter?   Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Oil : Just store the jar upside down.

Sheesh ! Rolling Eyes

What a Face
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Doancha just love peanut butter?   Mon May 28, 2012 10:00 pm

The wife eats PB, mayo, sweet pickle and potato chip sandwiches,,,yuck

We used to get Oxheart PB, oil floating on top, 100% peanuts, locally made years ago,,,nothing comes close now,,,most use lard or hydrogenated something or other to make it creamy and homogenous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Doancha just love peanut butter?   Mon May 28, 2012 11:38 pm

I can't I have pb in the house as I eat it voraciously; even the biggest jars of Peter Pan are gone within 3 or 4 days. So fattening! Though I don't exercise, it would almost be worth it to start just to get to eat pb! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Doancha just love peanut butter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2