HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Brothers - i'm breaking my addiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Brothers - i'm breaking my addiction   Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Never really was much of a soda drinker, even as a kid. Take it or leave it. And for years now I haven't gravitated towards sweets anyways. So never got the attraction. And the diet stuff always tasted nasty.

Yet I do brew non-alc sodas for our brewery. Just don't drink them.

silent

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Brothers - i'm breaking my addiction   Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Well Brothers - on my 3rd day and i've only had 1 soda since I started this. This might not be has hard as I thought it was going to be.

I have been drinking a lot of Water, Tea, Juices, and some Kool-Aid, but not having the withdrawal symptoms that I had the first 2 days. It seems like it's getting easier. Another plus is that i'm sleeping better at night now without all of that added Caffeine.

You guys were right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Brothers - i'm breaking my addiction   Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Well Brothers - on my 3rd day and i've only had 1 soda since I started this. This might not be has hard as I thought it was going to be.

I have been drinking a lot of Water, Tea, Juices, and some Kool-Aid, but not having the withdrawal symptoms that I had the first 2 days. It seems like it's getting easier. Another plus is that i'm sleeping better at night now without all of that added Caffeine.

You guys were right.

Glad your campaign to quit soda pop is going well Rob.

This morning my wife and I were discussing health & diet and some how the name Jack Lalane came up. I had the laptop so we watched some old videos of him and visited the Jack Lalane site. He was very much before my time but what really struck me was how NOT full of BS he was. I walked away inspired. You can toss away every fitness guru that has come after him. He's "The One"!

You should watch his rant against consumption of sugary snacks and drinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Brothers - i'm breaking my addiction   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 pm

TheSmokeamater wrote:
Rob_In_MO wrote:

You guys were right.

Glad your campaign to quit soda pop is going well Rob.

This morning my wife and I were discussing health & diet and some how the name Jack Lalane came up. I had the laptop so we watched some old videos of him and visited the Jack Lalane site. He was very much before my time but what really struck me was how NOT full of BS he was. I walked away inspired. You can toss away every fitness guru that has come after him. He's "The One"!

You should watch his rant against consumption of sugary snacks and drinks.

He was also an early proponent of the health of freshly made fruit and vegetable juices. In fact I think he sold by mail, a juicer that he endorsed. I remember watching him on our old B&W TV when I was a kid Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Brothers - i'm breaking my addiction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2