HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

PeePail limits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:16 am

Just as I'm about to send cash through the electrons,
PeePail informs me that I'm about to reach some limit
and I only have 327.50 before reaching it.
The only way to lift the limit is to get "verified."
To do this instantly, you have to either open
a credit card with them or give them your online
banking password. Aack, does anyone do that??
So I sent a partial payment and a check for the rest.
Since I have to wait, I just shouldda sent a check
for the full amount. I hate PeePail! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 am

They just want to get you verified in the event the day comes that you owe them a large amount, they can take it at will without any formal paperwork. What a lot of people don't know, is that any time you authorize a company to draft your account for a specific amount, they can draft a larger amount if they so choose with no authorization from you, or special procedure from your bank.

I got verified thru peepail, but I did it using an account I only keep $500 maximum, and transfer money there as needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 am

I just like the term "PeePail." Stealing that.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:43 am

I don't use it unless I cannot find the same item elsewhere, and there is no other way to purchase it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 am

Dutch wrote:
They just want to get you verified in the event the day comes that you owe them a large amount, they can take it at will without any formal paperwork. What a lot of people don't know, is that any time you authorize a company to draft your account for a specific amount, they can draft a larger amount if they so choose with no authorization from you, or special procedure from your bank.

I got verified thru peepail, but I did it using an account I only keep $500 maximum, and transfer money there as needed.

That's some bullshit right there. Twisted Evil
They never had any exposure;
my account was linked to a credit card.
They always got paid immediately.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:51 am

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
I don't use it unless I cannot find the same item elsewhere, and there is no other way to purchase it.

Yeah, I hate it, but it's easy and fast.
My pipe wouldda got shipped tomorrow. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiltjlp

Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:26 am

I'm not and never will be verified. My account is linked to a debit card so they can only steal what little is in my account.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://corncobsandbriar.phpbb3now.com/
TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:11 am

PeePal... that is one grid I am not on.

Don't get me started about tech being the future chains of slavery. NO I'm NOT a paranoid old crank. Obviously I'm here online now. But you can bet there are those out there who have a long drawn out plan of entrapment that will take years to complete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 am

TheSmokeamater wrote:
Don't get me started about tech being the future chains of slavery. NO I'm NOT a paranoid old crank.

Have you met Yak?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 am

George Kaplan wrote:
TheSmokeamater wrote:
Don't get me started about tech being the future chains of slavery. NO I'm NOT a paranoid old crank.

Have you met Yak?

LOL! No. But knowing there are those out there with more wacky viewpoints is somewhat comforting for taking the stink of crazy off one's self.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:14 am

One significant and widely overlooked problem I've noticed with people in general (and in particular) is that their minds operate as a fragmented assemblage of watertight compartments.

An example : poll after poll shows that the percentage of the population that
fears the devil and hell is distinctly larger than the percentage of it that believes in God.

Try making that (or people whose thought patterns mirror that pattern) seem rational. Yet they're the first people to get loud about others being "irrational" who aren't swimming in sync with the other fish in the school. What they're doing is noticing a divergence from a pattern, and imputing dysfunctionality to non-conformity.

Which is the issue here, in a nutshell.

Both the Soviets and the "Capitalists" pioneered "insanity" (and fear of being deemed "crazy") as a tool of social control in the 20th Century. People here are (or should be) familiar with the way the Bolshevics used Mental Institutions to quarantine people who saw through the official facade, lest they "infect" others with their insights. But the US was not far behind them -- cases in point starting with James B. Forrestall and Ezra Pound.

Here's the breakdown :

"Sanity" = Conformity. (Eat shit -- 50,000,000 flies can't be wrong !)

"Crazy" = "We're not allowed to see/think/say that."

What a Face

Last edited by Yak on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 am

TheSmokeamater wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
TheSmokeamater wrote:

Have you met Yak?

LOL! No. But knowing there are those out there with more wacky viewpoints is somewhat comforting for taking the stink of crazy off one's self.

Speak of the Devil. Mention Yak and there he is - the very next post. lol!

Anyway, been a member since 2002 (because of eBay) and never had a problem. Of course the account it's linked to never has much in it (done on purpose).

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 am

I've used PayPal for years and went through the verification process. I've never had any problem with them whatsoever. The fees suck, but they are providing a service which costs them money to operate. I've never found them anything but extremely convenient.

You'd think I work for them.... (I don't). I just think they're a good service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 am

Growley wrote:
I've used PayPal for years and went through the verification process. I've never had any problem with them whatsoever. The fees suck, but they are providing a service which costs them money to operate. I've never found them anything but extremely convenient.

Same here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 am

They're neutral. When I've had a problem, they were slow and dodgy to fix it. Usually, though, I don't have problems.

I try not to use eBay to sell stuff anymore--problem solved. Keeping "the pail" full enough to buy a pipe once in a while, well, that's another matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 am

Years ago I was an ePrey Power Seller - before they got so damn greedy. Fees kept going up (eBay and Paypal) until finally it wasn't worth the hassle and I didn't profit enough to make it worth while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:25 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Years ago I was an ePrey Power Seller - before they got so damn greedy. Fees kept going up (eBay and Paypal) until finally it wasn't worth the hassle and I didn't profit enough to make it worth while.

OoOOooo! You had the fancy badge and everything? Very Happy "POWER SELLER!" That always intimidated me.

The hicks and rockers in Reno have no idea what synthesizers are let alone a local market for them, so I have no choice but deal with eBay. Kind of sucks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Attaboy Yak! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 am

Mr. E --

Being a symphony musician, you're beyond familiar that a percentage of musicians in the orchestra are "passengers" -- along for the ride, being careful to not stick out and, essentially, trying to hide behind one another when they're playing.

In their view, that's likely "playing it safe," since not sticking out (usually, with a wrong note or bad intonation) is a good way to keep your job.

I can remember when the orchestral passengers were generally the less adept members, like older violinists who had migrated to the back of the second violin section, or switched to playing viola because viola parts were less technically demanding. Their role was not unlike the role of mayonnaise in the orchestral sandwitch -- there, but being careful to not attract attention to what they did.

The "high standard of standardness" mentality has gradually become pervasive in classical music over the years, to the point where entire orchestras (Baltimore comes to mind) were (back when I could still hear decently) playing stuff you (I) couldn't stand to listen to. Nothing was firm, distinct, or chiseled. Everybody was hiding behind everybody else.

There's an attitudinal analogy there with
Rudyard Kipling wrote:
The strength of the wolf is the pack
And the strength of the pack is the wolf

It doesn't get any simpler than that.

The basic maintainance of liberty depends on the individual wolves of the pack doing their jobs. No way around it. When people know something's wrong with what's happening and have a fair idea of what that is, but elect to keep their heads down, their faces straight and their mouths shut, they are easily reduced to serfdom by any mob of armed thugs with the cojones to tell them what they henceforth may, and may not do.

The nervous laughter of the passengers acknowledges that they "get it," all right, and that they figure they'd better be careful to maintain a public posture of "plausible deniability" for the day when the stormtroopers start taking people away to Political Re-education Centers." As they have been everywhere the system currently in place has corrupted its way into the driver's seat.

Solzhenitzyn can tell you about it from first hand experience.
Karl Marx wrote:
History repeats itself.
The first time, as tragedy.
After that, as farce.

Now watch this get taken away to the Mental Institution.

"Where it belongs."

You cannot help people who will not help themselves. All you can do is keep identifying the problem and articulating it.

This annoys them, but that can't be helped.

And the first inhibition you have to get over is the fear of sticking out.

Fear of being deemed "crazy."

What a Face
TOUGH LOVE SINCE 2007
Back to top Go down
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: PeePail limits   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I decided that I ain't gonna get "verified."
I have enough pipes anyway.
Screw peepail and ebay! Twisted Evil

If I can't write a check or use a credit card, I ain't buyin' it. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PeePail limits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: