HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Brothers - I received a package in the mail today, a Bomb! It was loaded with 4 seperate charges that all went off while I was attempting to disarm the package. Luckily, my protective suit saved my life and only minor injuries were sustained.

The Scatter Bomb was sent by Brother George Kaplan. Since it is a public forum, names and addresses have been covered up for protection of the individuals involved.

Inside the package (after the smoke had cleared and damage assessed) this is what was found. Shocked

Included are 4 - 2oz. Sample bags of Tobacco from Cornell & Diehl, Inc. from Morganton, NC.

#301 Berries & Cream
#512A Black Cherry
#734 Green River Vanilla
#772 Black Gold Maple

George did mention that these samples came to him from BoB Member A.J. originally and that he was Paying It Forward.

Thank You, George! You truly are a Brother. And of course you know that I like Aromatics.

Now - which one to try first?

P.S.

Bomb Me? This won't be forgotten. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Low-Satellite Imagery captured the Explosion. When George sends out a Bomb, he doesn't screw around! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Congrats Rob!!! Way to go GK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:40 pm

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Holy Cow! (homage to Mark)

At first I thought someone had jumped the gun and used the wrong address!!! Nearly had an attack before I saw this was another matter entirely. Whew! We're still on track with the BoB Bombers.

Aromatics huh? I guess I kind of knew that (clueless me). You know, I think I've got some stuff around here that........

View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Holy Cow! (homage to Mark)

BH - you mean 'The Sacred Cow!' cheers

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm

I guess 'sacred' to some might not be wholely holy to others.

View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Mista Bomb-astic!! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 pm

MisterE wrote:
Mista Bomb-astic!! Cool

BOOOOOOOO or after BH's and Robs comment should it be MOOOOOOOO cheers bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Hope you like 'em Rob. Special thanks to the covertly generous ajn27511 (AJ) who sent a bunch of stuff to me to pass around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
At first I thought someone had jumped the gun and used the wrong address!!! Nearly had an attack before I saw this was another matter entirely. Whew! We're still on track with the BoB Bombers.

Sent out a few packages on Monday morning. Just testing the ordinance. Didn't mean to cause a panic, fellas. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Thank You very much George. This won't be forgotten. I have logged the origin of the bomb and in time one will be returned to you. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:54 pm

AAAAAHHHHH!! I've just been bombed again! This time from Brother Jesse - Ocelot55.

Man - just when I had the damage almost cleaned up I get hit again. Hate it when this stuff happens. Laughing cheers

This one detonated upon impact, so no attempted disarming was needed. Here is what was found inside.

1 oz. RLP-6
1 oz. Texas Blend (Aromatic)
1 Tin of Chronowitsch - T 13 (smells wonderful)
1 pk. Pipe Cleaners
1 Big Easy Button Tobacco Humidifier

And a very nice Hand Written Letter. Man - this is too much!

This is way too cool! You guys truly are Brothers - I don't deserve all of this. cheers

Just be warned Ocelot - I have been known to bomb deserving recipients in return. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 am

Nice haul Rob, if you need any help smoking all that tobacco I will come over and help cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 am

PipeLeisure wrote:
Nice haul Rob, if you need any help smoking all that tobacco I will come over and help cheers

You are welcome here anytime, Brother. I'll load us up a couple of bowls each.

That morning i'll throw something on the Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker. It can be a Pork Shoulder, Baby Back Ribs, a Beef Brisket, or whatever you prefer - just say the word. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:41 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:08 pm

And now for Round 3! cheers

Brother Chris (DrumsandBeer) just bombed me too! It's not safe to go outside right now - rough when things like this happens. My wife just shook her head and said 'Another Package? How much pipe tobacco do you need?'.

A nice selection of Tobaccos including:

3 oz. of Sillem's Black - A Lat/Aromatic mix that smells wonderful.
1 oz. of Boswell's Bear Blend.
Sample pk. of Otter Creek from 4noggins.

This is a very nice selection and I'll have to sample them this evening and tomorrow.

Chris - Thank You very much. You go above and beyond what is expected and are truly a Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
And now for Round 3! cheers

Brother Chris (DrumsandBeer) just bombed me too! It's not safe to go outside right now - rough when things like this happens. My wife just shook her head and said 'Another Package? How much pipe tobacco do you need?'.

A nice selection of Tobaccos including:

3 oz. of Sillem's Black - A Lat/Aromatic mix that smells wonderful.
1 oz. of Boswell's Bear Blend.
Sample pk. of Otter Creek from 4noggins.

This is a very nice selection and I'll have to sample them this evening and tomorrow.

Chris - Thank You very much. You go above and beyond what is expected and are truly a Brother!

Happy to hear that it arrived unpinched by the US Postal Service.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard my wife ask that same question. I always reply with "I need it all baby, I need it all!"

Take it easy my friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
My wife just shook her head and said 'Another Package? How much pipe tobacco do you need?'
I believe the correct response is, "How much room is there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Good show, Drums and Ocelot. We've probably got Rob thinking he should have lost his job sooner! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:06 am

Now he has a job, to sort, try and review all that 'bacca. Very Happy Pay sucks, but the payoff is great. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 am

George Kaplan wrote:
Good show, Drums and Ocelot. We've probably got Rob thinking he should have lost his job sooner! Razz

Yeah - like Kyle said, the pay sucks but everything else is fine. cheers

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Now he has a job, to sort, try and review all that 'bacca. Very Happy Pay sucks, but the payoff is great. Laughing

Already sorted, jarred, and labeled. Now I just have to try them all. Cool

Actually i've been able to get a lot of things done around here that were hard to find time for before. We had a Yard Sale Thu. and Fri. - part of my downsizing plan (becoming a minimalist) and getting rid of kids clothes and toys that my daughter is too old for.

Also changed the back tire on the Scooter, have been fishing twice, worked in the Garden, built a new set of clothesline poles (the old ones were in rough shape), cleaned up my Ham Radio/Smoking Room, gave everything oil changes, and worked on the yard.

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Well, enjoy the unexpected vacation in the meantime. Obviously the Brothers have you set up well. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:57 pm

This came in today - courtesy of Kaiser83! cheers

100g. tin of MacBaren's Plumcake
50g. tin of C&D Sunday Picnic
1 bag of Pipe Cleaners

Cool! Now I just have to try them. Which one first? scratch

Thank You very much Kaiser - I owe you one Buddy. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)   Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:05 pm

I've had my eye on Sunday Picnic for a while, but have other things higher on the list to try...whenever you get around to digging into it, you gotta let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I've been Bombed! (Not BoB Bombing Mission)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next