HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSmokeamater

TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee Empty
PostSubject: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Manhattan Special espresso coffee soda:

My parents usually kept some around during the summer months. It is sweet and very strong. You can drink it straight, or add milk for a creamy treat. I prefer it with milk. It is both rich and refreshing.

I finished up a bowl of Lagonda with a bottle of it this morning. Not often found in supermarkets, you may have to go to a beverage store to find it.

Well recommended.

A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee Manhat10
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for the tip. I will be on the lookout for this one! Cool
Back to top Go down
DustyRoundup

DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Hell yeah ! That looks really good.!
I'd buy some if I knew where to get it.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Love Manhattan Special! Haven't had one in years... the many Italian delis near where I used to live always stocked it.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Dave_In_Philly

Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

I love coffee and I love soda, but I don't like this stuff. I really want to, because it has a long history in the Brooklyn and the lower east side of Manhattan (where my family is from), but I just can't do it.

Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:46 am

Obviously an east coast thing... it's intriguing... I've never had the pleasure of tasting one.
Back to top Go down
TheSmokeamater

TheSmokeamater

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
I love coffee and I love soda, but I don't like this stuff. I really want to, because it has a long history in the Brooklyn and the lower east side of Manhattan (where my family is from), but I just can't do it.

If you haven't tried it with milk (whole milk!) then give it another chance. The 'coffeeness' and carbonated 'beverageness' being such familiar things together, kind of comes off weird. Milk unifies and transforms it.
Back to top Go down
wintermute

Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Love the stuff. Made locally, no high fructose corn syrup, real coffee. Great stuff. Dave, the key is to add a decent amount of ice and let it melt for a bit to take the edge off.

Hey Mater, I live right by you - I'm in Seaford.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Sounds really good. I'd be hesitant of the carbonated aspect, but I love iced Vietnamese Cafe Sua Da.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Wonder if anywhere within walking distance of Belmont Park or Floral Park (just a couple miles NE of Belmont) sales this?
Back to top Go down
TheSmokeamater

TheSmokeamater

PostSubject: Re: A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee   A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:09 pm

wintermute wrote:

Hey Mater, I live right by you - I'm in Seaford.

Hey cool! That's very close. There aren't many pipe smokers in the U.S. to begin with. It's nice to know some are near by.
Back to top Go down

A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: