HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show us your garden

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSmokeamater

TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

Show us your garden Empty
PostSubject: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Show us your garden Dsc_0511

Size: 10' x 7'

This years plantings (perennials incl): dill - sage - rosemary - horseradish - thyme - oregano - 3 colors, bell pepper - marigolds - tomatoes, 6 varieties - nasturtium - mint

I know that's a lot for a 10x7, but it's do-able with diligent use of tomato stakes and trimming. I put the mint in a few years ago with the intention of having some nice Mint Juleps and a flavoring for iced tea. Unfortunately it has turned into an Old Testament plague I can't get rid of. Warning! If you are going to plant mint, do it in pots or AWAY from your main garden.
Back to top Go down
old_salt

old_salt

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Mostly flowers & dwarf trees.Edible stuff includes a Peach tree, rhubarb, tomatoes,Peppers
& some herbs.
Show us your garden 100_0509
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:48 pm

old_salt wrote:
Mostly flowers & dwarf trees.Edible stuff includes a Peach tree, rhubarb, tomatoes,Peppers
& some herbs.
Show us your garden 100_0509

Whoa! Is that a G-Scale outdoor Garden Railway?
Hard to tell from the distance, but that looks like G-Scale.

Cool!

How about a pic of the Engine & Rolling Stock?
Back to top Go down
old_salt

old_salt

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm

youtube link , vid is kinda shaky. trying to hold camera in one hand and operate 3 throttles with the other.
howling courtesy of the doberman next door.

Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Geez, old salt, what a heck of a setup that is! Shocked

More garden pictures. I live in an apartment. 'Nuff said. Cool
Back to top Go down
jefe1037

jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

moved from a townhome in South Carolina 5 mins from the beach to apartment living in Chicagoland.... I miss my backyard, and I miss my garden. I still have to make the mortgage payments for my townhome every month, so I have a reminder of what i don't have anymore.

I live vicariously through my inlaws: no garden, but a GREAT backyard for relaxing.
Back to top Go down
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Old salt,

That is so freakin cool! cheers I have total backyard envy right now lol I love how the tracks are laid out around the garden it looks so well planned and thought out
Back to top Go down
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Does this count as a garden? It's the closest I've got (not counting the weeds that spring up around the edge of the pool from time to time)....

Show us your garden Post-Heinens-Produce-Dept
Back to top Go down
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Although, seriously, Old Salt - that is absolutely incredible. Really, really cool (model trains are one of those things I always wish I got into but just never found the time/attention/money)
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

I'll just say that I'm jealous of both of your gardens. I'm about to move to a new apartment with a big backyard towards the end of the Brown Line in Chicago. The landlord encourages gardening, so very soon I'm gonna be gardening like a mad man. Smile

Here's a pic of the back yard/patio from the soon to be mine deck:

Show us your garden 2012-010
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:00 pm

That's a neat little urban common area, Uber. Looks like a pipe-worthy deck and view to me! cheers
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
That's a neat little urban common area, Uber. Looks like a pipe-worthy deck and view to me! cheers

You got it, brother! I may just sit on the porch reading Asimov and smoking a pipe while my girlfriend does the gardening. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:12 pm

UberHuberMan wrote:

You got it, brother! I may just sit on the porch reading Asimov and smoking a pipe while my girlfriend does the gardening. Wink

If that's the case, perhaps she could sit with you and have the robots do the gardening. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:

If that's the case, perhaps she could sit with you and have the robots do the gardening. Laughing

Touche. lol!
Back to top Go down
TheSmokeamater

TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Show us your garden   Show us your garden EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Holy B & O Batman!!

OldSalt, That's incredible!
Back to top Go down

Show us your garden
Page 1 of 1