HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThEpIpEsMoKiNgDrUmMeR

Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey guys Smile Just had to post a pic of my beautiful S.Yanik OWl pipe with my new stem i ordered direct from Mr yanik himself, Never seen any other meerschaum carver make stems like these. the shape kind of reminds me of the feather on a quill.

So a pic with original stem: (still awesome) Smile

And with the new one: (More awesome) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 pm

I was bidding on a Yanik "Snow Owl" pipe about four or five months ago, but it cruised beyond my reach, pricewise. I'm glad someone has a similar variant they love. I agree, the new stem is much better. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThEpIpEsMoKiNgDrUmMeR

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Kyle - Thank you, i do too, it still looked awesome before, but the new stem gives it a whole other dimension Smile

Yeah, his pipes tend to go for quite a price, I still think he is without doubt the greatest meerschaum carver there is though, and i consider myself very lucky to have been able to get this one, I won it from his ebay site, for approx $200, a little more than i would have liked to pay, but in my eyes worth every penny and more. and i am being as careful as i can, but i still find myself checking his ebay every day to see if he has put any more up for auction haha.

The "snow owl" sounds interesting, i bet that was a cool pipe, mine was listed as "great horned owl" Smile

If you're as big a meerschaum fan as me and you ever get the chance at a yanik, in my opinion you should definitely go for it. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 pm

That new stem is VERY NICE ! Did you have to send the pipe back to Turkey to get it fitted? Very nice owl. Was it partially pre-colored or has it tuened from your smoking it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:09 pm

I have one IMP meer I've simply never smoked. Sometimes I have a hang-up about ruining the newness of things, but it fades, eventually. Laughing The "Snow Owl" pipe of Yanik's was full of life, and I fell in love with it. One day I'll probably have one, or some species of owl in meerschaum. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThEpIpEsMoKiNgDrUmMeR

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Monbla -

No, fortunately when i emailed him asking if i could get a stem like this, i sent him a picture of my pipe, and he remembered it and sent me one of approximate size and with the same degree of a bend in it, It is a little bigger than the original stem, but i think that makes it even cooler, the size and width of the new stem fit perfectly with how big and chunky the bowl is, The only slight problem i have at the moment is that now it wont fit in its case, which i had anticipated, but i havent quite figured out a permanent alternative to keep it as safe yet, so while im not using it im currently leaving the old stem on, then changing it when i want to smoke it, I guess i could get one of those cool transparent acrylic pipe stands for it or something. Smile

And yes this pipe was indeed pre-coloured, mostly now S.Yanik colours his pipes a very yellow colour by using a different beeswax mixture than most others, and dipping them more times, But it will still colour nicely and is in fact just starting to show a bit on the top of the shank, It looks awesome, like a tequila sunrise Very Happy Mostly i do only buy pure white meers, but i had wanted a Yanik for quite some time and thought it would be cool to have one slightly different anyway, and i think it really sets it apart Smile

Kyle -

Awesome, i want to get myself an IMP at some point, they have a very good rep, and i know what you mean, i was like that earlier on in my pipe smoking/collecting, but i suddenly just sorta changed my mind, with the thinking that so long as i look after them the best i can, They're there to be smoked right?? so i'm just as careful as i can be, especially with meer's, and i re-wax them often, I just love the thought that one day if i live long enough i might have some really well coloured antique meerschaum's, that i may be able to pass on to somebody, and that i bought new too Smile that'd be cool.

I hope you get your owl meer soon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Is my hang-up just with pipes? Nope. Shoes, synthesizers, books...for some reason, I just can't sully them with my dirty little paws until I'm damn good and ready. There's no logic to it. Laughing

I'll snag a Yanik sometime. I'm not into figurals, but I have to have at least one. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:18 am

YUP, that S.Yanik is beautiful and I must say that second stem you had made is much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:37 am

Very nice Yanik meer. All my meer's are Yanik's except one, and I really enjoy the versatility that a meer offers. Congrats on a nice addition to your collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThEpIpEsMoKiNgDrUmMeR

PostSubject: Re: My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem   Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks guys. Smile And yeah im loving the new stem, really finishes it off Smile

Dutch- Awesome! how many Yaniks do you actually own then? :0 they're certainly lovely pipes, just not the cheapest of things to collect, haha, i'd love to see one or two of yours if you could maybe find the time. Smile

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My S.Yanik Meerschaum with new Stem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: