HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gas prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Just got under $4/gal for regular here in WA state. Was like $4.29 a couple weeks ago.

And now some areas in the US are $3 according to the news.

And you?

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Currently $3.15 at the local stations (not near the highway).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Today..$3.19 Here in Carolina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:10 pm

$3.75/gal give or take 'round here. Down from $4.10/gal a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:19 pm

NCguy wrote:
Today..$3.19 Here in Carolina

Must be nice, since it was $3.54 for mid-level two days ago in W-S!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:39 pm

I just paid $3.12/gal at the QuickStop this afternoon. I can remember my father complaining when it went to $0.20/gal back when I was a kid Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I make it a point never to pay attention to gas prices. I used to. I would monitor the prices and, read about the reasons for price fluctuations in the news papers etc.., and get mad about them.

What's the use? You have to drive to get to work everyday to earn a living. Sometimes you might want to drive for pleasure. The prices are what they are.

I drive up to the pump. My mfg recommendations says "use premium". If I think I'm a bit strapped for cash I might select regular. If I feel a little richer than usual, I'll select premium. I don't even bother looking at the prices anymore.

Unless your occupation requires you to put on A LOT of miles, fretting over gas prices won't put extra morsels on your table, or more tobacco in your pipe.

Last edited by TheSmokeamater on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 pm

$3.31 here in NE Ohio.

Was $3.69 at the beginning of the week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 am

$3.08 yesterday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lowflyingpenguin

Location : The Wilds of Canada (from Iroquois for 'the village')
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 am

Premium (no 1) gas here in Manitoba right now is 1.34 per litre or roughly 5.00 per gallon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:07 am

Monbla256: Loved your post about gas being 20 cents a gal. I remember as a kid my dad pulling our 1952 chevy into the service station and then he always said: "Two dollars of the regular please". So while his two dollars was filling the tank the service attendant checked the oil and cleaned the windshield. We certainly have come a long way. Now we pull up and fill our own tank and then if we want we can check our own oil and clean our own windshield and then fork over about $65.00 which was a whole months rent back in 1955.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 am

$3.50-3.65 here in PA. Jersey's closer to $3.25, NY's closer to $3.75. We got close but never crossed the $4 mark here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:41 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Currently $3.15 at the local stations (not near the highway).

Woo Hoo! Down to $3.14 this morning. cheers

Only took $2.55 to fill the Honda Metropolitan.

Edit: just got back from taking my Daughter to the park (12:30 pm), and it was down to $3.12.

Slowly but surely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:16 pm

I filled up this morning for $3.32. It had been up to $3.89 a few days ago here in southeastern Michigan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lowflyingpenguin

Location : The Wilds of Canada (from Iroquois for 'the village')
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:54 pm

We are planning two driving trips through the States, one at the end of August to Chicago and then in October to Vermont and on to South Carolina. The updates on prices in this thread are going to be useful in budgeting for gas.

Anybody have any info on Minnesota?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Penguin,

We just returned from a circular drive of the western half of the U.S. The gas prices are more the further north we drove. While we were in Minnesota they were average. Nevada, Washington, and Idaho areas were the most expensive. Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee was the cheapest.

By the time we went through Michigan and Chicago, we had been on the road for 3 weeks. We just did not care what the price was anymore.

Now days when we get to the gas pump we just hand over the wallet and the oldest child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:04 pm

LIPIPE wrote:
Monbla256: Loved your post about gas being 20 cents a gal. I remember as a kid my dad pulling our 1952 chevy into the service station and then he always said: "Two dollars of the regular please". So while his two dollars was filling the tank the service attendant checked the oil and cleaned the windshield. We certainly have come a long way. Now we pull up and fill our own tank and then if we want we can check our own oil and clean our own windshield and then fork over about $65.00 which was a whole months rent back in 1955.

Marty I remember those days well.

Back in the day gas prices weren't much of a consideration. I had a '67 'LeMans and don't even know what kind of mpg it got. Think it had a 326 V-8 but I'm not a motorhead.

I'd ask for either $2 or $3 worth at whatever filling station I went to. But as my late Pap worked for Clark Oil and Refining I'd always try and fill up there. Back then Clark was known as the "Premium People" and only sold 100 octane gas. Just one brand and no other.

$2 would get me just over half a tank, and if I was feeling flush $3 would get me just over 3/4 tank. Man, I'd go all week on that!

And of course they'd check the oil and clean the windshield without asking. There was no pump-your-own gas back then. That came in after the Arab oil embargo in the early '70s. I totally freaked out when gas got over .75/gal!

Not to turn this thread into nostalgia reminisces or a rag. Just wanted to see what some others brothers are currently paying.

cyclops

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:34 pm

$3.49 in Southwest MI today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 am

Saw $3.51 yesterday, not bad at all for the CT shoreline.

Still staying home today and smoking and drinking bourbon in the backyard, total gas consumption 0 gallons. Cause I'm such a green eco-warrior, you know. alien
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Vercer

Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:11 pm

$3.29 around Kernersville, NC today. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Wow guys. You're making me really glad that I only ride my bike or take public transit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:27 pm

UberHuberMan wrote:
Wow guys. You're making me really glad that I only ride my bike or take public transit!

Funny you mention that, I have a fantastic B&M that I visit occasionally in Cape Girardeau. Mind you, it's normally about 85-miles each way.

I spent 2-hours on Google Maps & Google Earth, switching back and forth, plotting out a route to Cape completely avoiding highways or interstates. Reason being, I thought it would be an Epic Ride on my Honda Metropolitan Scooter (50cc).

Well, I found a way with no Interstates, no major Highways, and no gravel roads - just county highways & county roads. The route that I plotted out and loaded into the Garmin was 81-miles each way. So - back in April I went on the ride. Took me 2 1/2 hours each way, but I went the 162-miles there and back - and it only took 1.5 gallons of gas!

Since I had all day, the time it took didn't matter. Actually it was a very nice ride. The Honda is liquid cooled, and a ride like that is nothing for it. I in no way stressed that engine, as I ran between 30-35 mph the whole way. Come on, it's a Honda! Just ride the damn thing and don't worry about it.

I just wanted to do it for the fun of it. I made the same ride again in early May. No traffic to speak of, no problems, smooth roads - actually very peaceful and quiet.

Now - how many other idiots do you know that would ride a 50cc Scooter to a town 81-miles away (and back)? Cool

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Rob, I cut my teeth on a Honda 50 when I was like 14 or 15 yrs old. This was on a farm my late Mom grew up on in SE WI (Elkhorn). The family that bought it when my grandparents retired from dairy farming were well established in the area and they actually named the road after them! It's called Brey Road to this day.

So I worked on that farm for a couple weeks each summer back then, and had the great privilege of riding the Honda 50 that the oldest daughter had. Took it all over the area, despite no licence, no helmet, and no common sense! LOL!

That's where I got the motorcycle bug, and eventually rode for about 13 yrs. NOT on a 50cc either!

geek

That little scooter would go all week on a couple gallons!

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Rob, I cut my teeth on a Honda 50 when I was like 14 or 15 yrs old. This was on a farm my late Mom grew up on in SE WI (Elkhorn). The family that bought it when my grandparents retired from dairy farming were well established in the area and they actually named the road after them! It's called Brey Road to this day.

So I worked on that farm for a couple weeks each summer back then, and had the great privilege of riding the Honda 50 that the oldest daughter had. Took it all over the area, despite no licence, no helmet, and no common sense! LOL!

That's where I got the motorcycle bug, and eventually rode for about 13 yrs. NOT on a 50cc either!

geek

That little scooter would go all week on a couple gallons!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude,
I started out on a Triumph Tiger Cub T20 back in the early '60s. A small 200cc thumper that I rode till I got my 650 Bonnie when i was a senior. I still have my '68 BMW R-50 but I need to rebuild the engine after all these years! I LOVE scooters Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices   Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 pm

In Nevada, and especially for my work, I have to have a truck. There's no gettin' around it. *shrug* Motorcycles are alright, too--just gotta know where the gas stations are if you're going out of town... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gas prices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next