HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How many pipemen do you know like this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 am

I was killing time looking throught the net and ran across this old cartoon. It reminds me of a few guys I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:44 am

Laughing One. He kind of needs 'em that big though, he's a massive man. I have a picture of him with one of those "mini" corncob pipes in his mouth, and it looks like a weird toothpick. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:16 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Laughing One. He kind of needs 'em that big though, he's a massive man. I have a picture of him with one of those "mini" corncob pipes in his mouth, and it looks like a weird toothpick. Laughing

Yea but the guys I know are not so big and it looks as though the pipe when clamp down will pull them over, it is funny for if one gets a new ppipe you bet the other is on the internet to top it.
Back to top Go down
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:38 am

Nothing is worse than a small pipe that's done smokin' before you are. Now, on the other hand, a big pipe, and I do love my big pipes, really come through for you with satisfaction over a long smoke that you can really sink your teeth into. Funny how the cartoon illustrates competition in life. When it comes to a pipe one can never be "outdone". A large pipe really gets a man noticed in a crowd. Every fella should have at least one Nording monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:28 am

Lipipe,
I must agree with you sir and I'll take a Nording any time.
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 am

From a large pipe lover, that made me laugh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:19 am

USA : Bigger = Better. Rolling Eyes

What a Face
Back to top Go down
TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:56 am

Looks more like a cigar guy type scenario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I know a couple of guys who like their pipes ENORMOUS. I've owned a few pipes over 3 ounces and have slowly sold them all. I just didn't enjoy smoking them the way I enjoy my smaller pipes. But to each his own. It's pretty neat to have a friend hand me a pipe that I have to hold with both hands. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Some of those Boswell's Grizzlies are popular in certain circles. Them's BIG pipes. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:49 pm

TheSmokeamater wrote:
Looks more like a cigar guy type scenario.

Absolutely agreed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:18 pm

The cartoon was originally meant to reflect the arms race...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Reminds me of the pipe in Tim Haggarty's avatar pic. Of course, I've always suspected that Tim's just a really little guy with a normal-sized pipe. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Great cartoon and it pretty much nails it. In my eclectic collecting and smoking stable I enjoy pipes from the diminutive Peterson Sport to Kaywoodie and Ashton Magnums!!! As a collector and smoker over the span of the last 30 years my tastes in pipes has run the gamut. It's fantastic and totally enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: How many pipemen do you know like this?   Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I LOVE EM! I use my Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 510 Ex all the time, gorgeous pipe! The Bigger the better in my opinion. Granted I only have two big Pipes, and I use my other pipes just as much, but I'm quite fond of how they look.
I plan to purchase more.
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How many pipemen do you know like this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: