HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What's your weather?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:32 pm

100F+, 2% humidity, high UV index (you can feel your skin cooking), and fires burnin' all around. Neutral

This is about the time of year when October can't come fast enough.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Only got to 103 yesterday and it's 100 right now but the humidity is going up so the heat indexes are rising. Yesterday's was 108 and today is supposed to be the same. It ought to cool off sometime in November the way things are going these days. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scot's

Registration date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:46 pm

At 2:45 pm it's 87 here but the wind is starting to shift. Smoke trails leftover in the sky from the Blue Angels and I'm cooling off with a home made Jelly Belly root beer sno-cone.

It's the simple things...

Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Scot's wrote:
At 2:45 pm it's 87 here but the wind is starting to shift. Smoke trails leftover in the sky from the Blue Angels and I'm cooling off with a home made Jelly Belly root beer sno-cone.

It's the simple things...

Scott

I'm in the foothills Scott. Got to the mid 90's yesterday and right now is an even 90 on my back deck at 5PM.

I don't have central air, but don't really need it for the few days the temps get up there. In any case I don't really mind the heat provided it's not accompanied by high humidity. I grew up in SE Wizgonsin, and don't regret leaving that climate far behind! LOL!

Sounds like you're near Seafair. When I was with Pyramid Breweries they used to literally fly over the plant on their practice runs. A few of us would go up on the roof to watch and the jets would come close enough to actually see the pilots in their cockpits....
although that was for all of a millisecond. Several seconds later we'd hear the sound waves.....

Pretty dang cool!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Scot's

Registration date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 am

I am close enough that I can see them when they do their high alt. show from my deck but they're pretty much dots in the sky.

Had friends that lived just south of the lake where the high speed passes terminated and where they would regroup for the next pass. Love that sound of freedom... ears plugged and mouth open to avoid the shock wave damage.

I am on the West Seattle ridge overlooking the sound and it is 75 on my deck but the wind is westerly and the clouds are coming in. Will be comfortable to sleep anyway.

Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:31 pm

It's already 95 at 11:30am. Gonna hit OVER 102 again today with a slight breeze at 4mph and clear cloudless skys Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:34 pm

We're cruising through 105F all this week--which is good, because the stupid "Hot August Nights" classic car event is happening, maybe it'll keep the jerks in their hotel room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
We're cruising through 105F all this week--which is good, because the stupid "Hot August Nights" classic car event is happening, maybe it'll keep the jerks in their hotel room.
You're such a cheerfull fellow Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
You're such a cheerfull fellow Razz

It's not a fun event. 5,000 classic cars and their participants--no problem. It's the 200,000 people that descend from L.A., Oakland and where ever else, mostly thug wannabes and their crews, their stupid non-classic cars (Hummers on 28" wheels, 1989 Honda Civics on hydraulic hoppers, etc) that often end up in riots, fights and murders for a week in Reno.

I'm not being dramatic for the sheers sake of it. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's your weather?   Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Well the dog days finally arrived in W. Washington.

Been in the mid-90's for a couple days and it'll last until probably Sunday when we get back into the mid-70's.

Ya, I realize it's much less than what some of you have been going through for some time now. But this is unusually warm for us.

Fortunately it does cool down somewhat at night so sleeping is not too bad. And I don't particularly mind the hot weather in any case as it's relatively low humidity.

It does make the brewery a bit toasty though...............

cherry

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

What's your weather?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3