HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Fire in the hole!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:05 am

Alas, even with my best attempts to avoid this, I successfully burned a hole in one of my shirts. I thought I had seen an ember fly while sitting on the patio (and a brief gust of wind crossed my face), but couldn't spot anything. When I returned inside however, I found a pencil eraser sized hole in my tee. Guess I need to be more diligent about wind caps if there is a potential breeze. Now this shirt will be relegated to the pj pile until it further deteriorates.

What's the worst you've done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:10 am

Fishfuzz wrote:
Alas, even with my best attempts to avoid this, I successfully burned a hole in one of my shirts. I thought I had seen an ember fly while sitting on the patio (and a brief gust of wind crossed my face), but couldn't spot anything. When I returned inside however, I found a pencil eraser sized hole in my tee. Guess I need to be more diligent about wind caps if there is a potential breeze. Now this shirt will be relegated to the pj pile until it further deteriorates.

Hole in a new jacket, near the zipper. It may have been from a pipe or campfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:39 am

Actually just today: Indoors. Shirtless. Directly in front of the fan. I'm missing some chest hair now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:43 am

George Kaplan wrote:
Actually just today: Indoors. Shirtless. Directly in front of the fan. I'm missing some chest hair now.

Ouch! affraid

I wear a green vest to conceal my steel from innocent eyes. It has a hole on the right side near the zipper. Bummer. That vest is the only thing I almost look decent in. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 am

Been there, done that. A couple of holes in an old hooded sweatshirt - the one I usually wear in the fall while sitting outside and smoking while enjoying a fire in the fire pit. My wife and daughter roasted S'mores and I got an occasional hot ember (from the pipe) roasting a hold the arm of my sweatshirt.

It does seem like deeper bowls are better at preventing this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 am

I dropped an ash on the keyboard of my MacBook. It hit the comma key which I use often on AutoCad. I really have to hit the key in the right spot now for it to register. ,,,,,,,,,, <---This darn key requires me to slow down and work it with a rocking motion. I wonder if the Apple Geniuses can repair just one key?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Wool cap. Wind picked up a bunch of embers, set one down right on the lip of one of my nicer driver caps. Neutral I have another shirt, a hack-sleeved western button-up (one with super cool silver threads in it) that's a burn magnet. Campfires, pipes, other people's pipes... Swiss cheese from holes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 pm

George Kaplan wrote:

And I thought I smelled a brush fire over here near the Flint area. clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 am

Well I ruined my favorite pair of wranglers. These had been with me for years and like a good pair of wranglers(feedstore not walmart), they had been a good to me and I had been smoking on my couch when I picked some ash right out on to them, the hole didn't burn through, but they were my good wearing around wranglers so it was still a loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Three small holes in an almost brand new polar fleece vest a wile back. Polar fleece actually doesnt burn...it melts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Since picking back up the pipe several years ago I've burned way many holes in my sweatshirts, sweatpants, carpet, and even have a burn hole in the kitchen counter and linoleum by the front door!

Careless and clumsy, that's me all over.... D'oh!!

Suspect

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

The Crotch of my pants... in public... wearing pink boxers... and I'm talking a big hole....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 pm

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
The Crotch of my pants... in public... wearing pink boxers... and I'm talking a big hole....

We may have a winner...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
GuitarMyFriend wrote:

We may have a winner...

I read that wrong. Now I need some mental floss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:52 pm

GuitarMyFriend wrote:

PINK boxers ? Razz That not withstanding, I have so many holes in jackets, coats, shirts, and pants from all the years of pipe smoking I don't really give it much thought. Sort of goes with the territory so to speak Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:18 pm

The only one I can account for so far is a hat.

Unfortunately it's a really nice wool Kangol driver's cap that my sister bought me. One of the risks of smoking outdoors on a breezy brisk January night.

"& the inevitable pin-hole burns, all down the front of my favorite satin shirt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSmokeamater

Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Fishfuzz wrote:

I think it appropriate for that tee shirt to spend the rest of it's days as a pipe polisher.

My worst was foolishly keeping strike anywhere matches in my front pocket. Sure enough they ignited one day ruining my pants and my leg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:48 am

I guess, I have been pretty fortunate. No real casualties to speak of. I'm sure that means I will set myself on fire this evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the hole!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 am

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
I guess, I have been pretty fortunate. No real casualties to speak of. I'm sure that means I will set myself on fire this evening.
Now watch: tomorrow Dave will update his avatar pic and he'll only have one eyebrow! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fire in the hole!
Page 1 of 1