HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tesla's Birthday!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:42 am

Happy birthday, sir!

Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 am

Happy birthday, Nik!
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla
Back to top Go down
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Happy birthday, Nik!
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Nice! Love the Oatmeal, but hadn't seen that one before. The creator seems like a stand-up guy, although last I checked he was getting sued by some uber-douche site who'd stolen his work. Hope it all works out for him...
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:15 pm

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
...last I checked he was getting sued by some uber-douche site who'd stolen his work. Hope it all works out for him...

It worked out pretty well for him. The site's sleazebag attorney was demanding $20'000 in damages. The Oatmeal raised over ten times that amount in donations in just seven days, photographed the money, sent the lawyer a picture of the money along with a picture of the lawyer's mother seducing a kodiak bear, and donated all of the money to charity. Matthew Inman (TheOatmeal) is now being declared as "The man who beat the internet".
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm

That Oatmeal bit on Tesla is a classic. cheers Happy Birthday, Nikolai. (great place to post this, too)

The situation the Oatmeal is in with the FunnyJunk guy is embarrassing. What a stupid modern-day pissing match.

Have ego, will Internet, I always say.

Cool

Back to top Go down
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:45 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
GrampaGrossbart wrote:
...last I checked he was getting sued by some uber-douche site who'd stolen his work. Hope it all works out for him...

It worked out pretty well for him. The site's sleazebag attorney was demanding $20'000 in damages. The Oatmeal raised over ten times that amount in donations in just seven days, photographed the money, sent the lawyer a picture of the money along with a picture of the lawyer's mother seducing a kodiak bear, and donated all of the money to charity. Matthew Inman (TheOatmeal) is now being declared as "The man who beat the internet".

Holy hell, that is awesome! I've dialed back the time I spend online, as, BoB excepted, most of the ruddy establishment drives me to drink, but it seems that I've missed out on some pretty goddamn cool developments in the process.
Back to top Go down
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

Have ego, will Internet, I always say.

Yeah, it's just baffling the things people get caught up in--it takes some serious stupid/crazy to try to sue someone after you stole their intellectual property.
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Tesla needed lawyers.
Back to top Go down
wintermute

Registration date : 2009-04-21

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:37 am

George Kaplan wrote:
Tesla needed lawyers.

Preferably ones with permission to smack him upside the head when he was about to sign away his rights to something.

Tesla: "No George, I don't want to take a controling interest in Westing..."
Attorney: [WHACK]
Tesla: "Give me the damn pen. Better yet, I'll sign that contract using this Tesla coil in my pocket and the power of my mind."

If he had good attorneys we'd all be maxing and relaxing in our flying machines and living off free electricity.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:22 pm

wintermute wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
Tesla needed lawyers.

Preferably ones with permission to smack him upside the head when he was about to sign away his rights to something.

Tesla: "No George, I don't want to take a controling interest in Westing..."
Attorney: [WHACK]
Tesla: "Give me the damn pen. Better yet, I'll sign that contract using this Tesla coil in my pocket and the power of my mind."

If he had good attorneys we'd all be maxing and relaxing in our flying machines and living off free electricity.

Laughing

This post forever. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:23 pm

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
Yeah, it's just baffling the things people get caught up in--it takes some serious stupid/crazy to try to sue someone after you stole their intellectual property.

No kidding. What an ordeal. I'm sure both of them know it's all just publicity for both sides--even bad press is still press. Neutral
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
GrampaGrossbart wrote:

No kidding. What an ordeal. I'm sure both of them know it's all just publicity for both sides--even bad press is still press. Neutral

What?! You mean the lawyer who became famous for successfully litigating sex.com is suing the American Cancer Association and the World Wildlife Fund in order to block TheOatmeal's charitable donations just for publicity?!! What's the world coming to?
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Tesla's Birthday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla's Birthday!   Tesla's Birthday! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

"Always infamy, never fame." No wonder my life is more fun. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Tesla's Birthday!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Technology-
Jump to: