HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hey Kyle....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Hey Kyle....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 am

Getting the thunder and lightning? I guess there's some monsoonal moisture that popped up, apparently unexpected by the local meteorologists. Yesterday our forecast for the week was for 0% chance of rain and I woke this morning to a pretty darned good lighning storm about 3 am. Work got cancelled (big boom pump in the air and lightning, not a good mix) so I'm sitting here on my patio smoking my first pipe in 5 days (Murdock's Pipe in a Peterson Rosslare straight billiard) and enjoying the rain.

Weird. It's been over 100 degrees here every day but now it's raining in little waves, and with each brief shower you can feel the air chill. Earthquake weather. Reports of small hail just north of here. Radio says it's all headed over the Sierra Nevada range towards you.

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Hasn't been much lightning, which I'm grateful for, only because the fire danger around here has been pretty much stuck on "gasoline" (if there's such a warning level). I did notice it rained last night, and the easterly storms built up and moved westward. There's been some mighty weird winds and clouds spinnin' around since about 9pm last night.

I'm gonna go sit outside myself and watch what's going on--I do have a killer view of the valley, so might as well use it.

Enjoy your day off!!! Very Happy

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 pm

I think the Sierras are claiming their moisture as per usual, not much over here. I see some pretty impressive clouds to the west over the mountains, but they ain't going nowhere. Maybe later they will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Enjoy your day off!!!

We're taking the kids to the California state fair. It will be hot and muggy with all this moisture in the air, but they're little and will be tuckered out after a few hours, before the afternoon heat really kicks in.

Now we have sunshine with a mix of white puffy clouds, but to the north and east there are still ominous looking clouds. The threat is over for us here in Sacramento now.

Funny, but our may to october weather pattern is so hot, clear and boring that a few hours of unusual weather makes everyone stop and marvel at it. I'm sure our eastern seaboard and gulf coast brothers will think it quite silly as it's the norm for them. I actually ended up going in to work early this morning before things officially cancelled and we were sent home. Everyone was sitting around in the office gawking at the scene outside the window, talking about how this was like Florida weather, though I don't think a single one of us has ever been to Florida. Laughing

Frikkin Kalifornia white boys lol!

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Hahah, no kidding. When I was there last, I was reminded of the Kali "attitude" as we tromped through Arden Fair mall to the Briar Patch... People looked at me like I was an effing space alien, driver cap, trucker 'stache, western shirt, Lees and skate shoes. Laughing The black gals thought I was hot though, but they always like me for some reason. scratch Even after living in CA for a while I never did fit in with the status quo out there. It cracks me up. Laughing

In any case, we get some pretty marathon weather patterns that shock and awe the locals when it changes and makes visitors figure we have some computer-controlled mechanism figuring it all out. Laughing Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Side note: It's so effing humid here right now, it feels like I'm trying to smoke my pipe underwater. Laughing My EMP is tasting a little different. Good thing I was down in Sactown recently and learned to be patient with a little extra moisture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Well, the fair was a big success. Friggin expensive though. I hadn't been in a few years. Kid's first time, wore em out good. Weather worked out nicely, that weather system was gone but a trailing breeze remained, keeping it on the lighter side of hot.

Best thing I saw there was a band of twenty something kids on stage, a local garage band calling themselves Hero's Last Mission. I was just walking by when they were finishing up some song I never heard of (an original, most likely) and wasn't catching my attention at all. But as I got about 50 feet away they lit into an Alice in Chains tune and they were slammin it. I did an about face, went back and watched a bit. Damned impressive sound, tight guitar work, aggressive drums, overall they had their sound at an impressive level for their age. I love it when that happens. I might have to hunt down one of their club gigs and check em out. seldom am I impressed anymore by young rock musicians, but these kids had it goin on today.

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:58 pm

I can't stand Alice in Chains (good musicians with bad writing and bad producing, IMHO) but if there's kids that can rock it, well, hell.

Don't worry, everything musically sucks so bad these days, even most of the kids aren't being duped. I have better conversations about obscure/older music with youngins than anyone.

Glad you had a good time. Now get I80 finished up so I can come visit. cheers It's all up to you. Razz

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kyle....   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I'm gonna go sit outside myself and watch what's going on--I do have a killer view of the valley, so might as well use it.

Pics? C'mon, share the wealth! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com

Hey Kyle....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1