HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 am

http://www.blackcatcigars.com/products/esoterica-penzance#13636426029101&108
In stock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBrad

Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 am

That outfit shows stock and usually is not. Be warned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:24 am

BriarBrad wrote:
That outfit shows stock and usually is not. Be warned.

Hopefully it is there in stock. I usually check most online spots a few times a week, and it has been listed out of stock there, and just recently showed as in stock.

Got an email telling me my order is shipped! Will make for a total of 2 lbs of Penzance this month! As a side note, I will NOT be EBAYing it, I will be smoking it Smile

Last edited by Fatman on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
awoodby

Registration date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 am

Ordered, thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bentbulldog

bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:32 pm

This is a great idea, should be made sticky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 pm

4Noggins has Wessex Brigade Dark Flake in now. Get it before the hoaders do. They have Old Dark Fired, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
utahpipeman

utahpipeman

Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:08 pm

4 Noggins also has Astley's No. 44.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:11 pm

utahpipeman wrote:
4 Noggins also has Astley's No. 44.

I forgot to mention that. Thanks. I got some of that, too. Btw, the Wessex DF is all gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

44 is also OOS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keen smoke

keen smoke

Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:54 pm

JimInks wrote:
4Noggins has Wessex Brigade Dark Flake in now. Get it before the hoaders do. They have Old Dark Fired, too.

I think the hoarders are the ones who watch these threads most closely, just sayin. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:02 pm

keen smoke wrote:
JimInks wrote:

I think the hoarders are the ones who watch these threads most closely, just sayin. Wink

I cannot argue that point. Sad I will admit that a couple of times, I managed to get some tobacco that way. I'm stocking the cellar, but I'm not one of those crazy hoarders. I don't need 300 pounds of tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
utahpipeman

utahpipeman

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:42 pm

keen smoke wrote:
JimInks wrote:

I will argue that point. I don't think I'm a hoarder. I don't have more than 10 tins of anything. Problem is, because hoarding has become so common, if I don't buy 5 to 10 tins of certain favorites (Astley's No. 44 and Wessex Brigade Campaign) when they are available, I have a good chance of being out for the year. For me, there is no substitute for those two tobaccos. So, for smokers like me, it is wise to watch this thread and I appreciate that it exists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
utahpipeman

utahpipeman

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Astley's No. 44 is also available at Iwan Ries if anyone is still looking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm

utahpipeman wrote:
keen smoke wrote:
JimInks wrote:

I will argue that point. I don't think I'm a hoarder. I don't have more than 10 tins of anything. Problem is, because hoarding has become so common, if I don't buy 5 to 10 tins of certain favorites (Astley's No. 44 and Wessex Brigade Campaign) when they are available, I have a good chance of being out for the year. For me, there is no substitute for those two tobaccos. So, for smokers like me, it is wise to watch this thread and I appreciate that it exists.

I agree that does not make you a hoarder. Many of us do the same thing. That's just being a pipe smoker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keen smoke

keen smoke

Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:10 pm

utahpipeman wrote:
keen smoke wrote:
JimInks wrote:

Fair enough (and I don't think you're a "hoarder"). I only meant to say that those who really want to stock a huge cellar and are dedicated to it/put a lot of energy into it are very likely to be watching threads like these on all the various boards constantly. I agree its wise to watch them - but just as they might help you snag something, they also help cause stampedes that might not happen without them. And they help other folks like you (not "hoarders") buy it all up if you don't see it in time yourself, because like you they know they may not be seeing it again anytime soon.

Anyway, nothing wrong with it - just an observation. Good luck in your search!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
utahpipeman

utahpipeman

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:31 pm

I get your point keen smoke and I appreciate your response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 pm

There IS something wrong with snatching up way more than you have any reasonable use for, leaving others with nothing.

There just IS.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
sisyphus

sisyphus

Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 pm

If you've done the math and figured out that you need 40 tins of Astleys No. 44 to get you to the end, and you currently have 13 tins, I have no problem with you snatching up No. 44 when and where you can as it becomes available until you hit your magic number. Eventually you will. Besides, if you're a republican then you should appreciate that while we all enjoy equal opportunity, there is no promise whatsoever of equity. It's dog eat dog in your libertarian utopia Wink

I bought enough BBF and FVF to smoke a bowl of one or the other every third bowl for the rest of my life, because that's what I figured I'd smoke. Now I'm done and you can have the rest.

The only difference between then and now is that then unavailability is something we worried and talked about, now we can see the signs everywhere that it's coming and soon. For all of you scrambling to catch up, good luck. I need about 5 more pounds of tobacco to flesh out my secondary favorites and I'm finished, and that is a good feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Yak wrote:
There IS something wrong with snatching up way more than you have any reasonable use for, leaving others with nothing.

There just IS.

What a Face

Tell that to the people who write the tax code! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 am

Finally scored some 44 from IW - thanks! Now if I could get some Brigade I'll have another from my bucket list to try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
utahpipeman

utahpipeman

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake at Smokingpipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:23 am

I got the last one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm a ... er . . . collector . . . not a hoarder. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:50 pm

No stock - order now back ordered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   R.A.T.S.  Rarely Available Tobacco Signal - Page 6 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Just scored a tin from my local B&M of Wessex Campaign at pipeandleaf.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: