HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:21 pm

Well, I was sent a comfirmation e-mail by Windy City Cigars saying my Balkan Sobranie order would be processed. Now, I understand, via telephone, that my order has been cancelled, and they have removed the product from their website. I think I'll not bother with them again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cadfael

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:49 pm

Windy City is NOT WATCH City - But wait til JR reads this from their homepage: "WindyCityCigars.com is the biggest online cigar store in the U.S.A. We carry the best collection of cigars at the best prices."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Cadfael wrote:
Windy City is NOT WATCH City - But wait til JR reads this from their homepage: "WindyCityCigars.com is the biggest online cigar store in the U.S.A. We carry the best collection of cigars at the best prices."

Agreed. But I thought I'd let people know what happened to me. In fact, I'm learning other people faced the same problem with Windy City that I did. The lady I spoke with is inefficient and clueless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
joshoowah wrote:
Every time I get this update, I hope to all that is dear Penzance, Stonehaven, Margate, and/or Peacehaven are back in stock. I've yet to get my hands on any of the above for sometime because this stuff is hoarded to the greatest degree possible.  

It's never going to be "in stock" at the prices they are selling it for.  It sells out before you can reach for your wallet. Just a fact of life and market conditions.  I don't really care; they're not the only game in town.

I agree. It's simple supply and demand economics. The demand is high, so prices should increase. Since they don't increase at retailers, they sell out fast and the eBay prices actually reflect true market value. At the same time, people get upset when a merchant raises prices on one of these. You can't have it both ways. Sometimes it seems as if we hate big government when it put restrictions/taxes on smoking, but we want them to fix retail tobacco prices so they can't increase with market demand. [/rant]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:31 pm

So I see that PipeAndLeaf.com has Balkan Sobranie 50g in-stock. Just got an email that they also had Penzance but the site already says they are sold out. Crazy how fast this stuff is disappearing.

http://www.pipeandleaf.com/shop/balkan-sobranie-50g/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pylorns

pylorns

Registration date : 2013-11-20

PostSubject: Penzance    Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am

http://www.ljperetti.com/ just picked up an 8oz bag - they have a very small amount left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:12 am

The Pipe Guys have Vincent Manil's La Brumeuse.

For those that are unaware, it's fairly rare and the Pipe Guys is the only American tobacco retailer (that I know) that carry it. I'm not sure how much they have but you can only order 1 per.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Penzance at The Pipe Guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:47 pm

joshoowah wrote:
Penzance at The Pipe Guys.

And sold out in ten minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

joshoowah wrote:

For those that are unaware, it's fairly rare and the Pipe Guys is the only American tobacco retailer (that I know) that carry it.  I'm not sure how much they have but you can only order 1 per.

I received a brick of Vincent Manil La Brumeuse Semois Thick Cut from the Pipe Guys a few days ago. It's not what I expected. It's a fairly dry ribbon cut that burns quickly -- best to pack it tightly and sip it slowly. It's rather unique -- best described as "burley-like," and I enjoy it.

Is it worth $30 (including shipping) for a 100 gram brick? I think so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:58 pm

rothnh wrote:
joshoowah wrote:

For those that are unaware, it's fairly rare and the Pipe Guys is the only American tobacco retailer (that I know) that carry it.  I'm not sure how much they have but you can only order 1 per.

I received a brick of Vincent Manil La Brumeuse Semois Thick Cut from the Pipe Guys a few days ago.  It's not what I expected.  It's a fairly dry ribbon cut that burns quickly -- best to pack it tightly and sip it slowly.  It's rather unique -- best described as "burley-like," and I enjoy it.  

Is it worth $30 (including shipping) for a 100 gram brick?  I think so.

The good thing about it is it is basically 2x the tobacco of any other 100g tin because of its lack of moisture. Basically, it is 4 50g tins. I think it is more than worth it, even if to just try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:37 pm

joshoowah wrote:

The good thing about it is it is basically 2x the tobacco of any other 100g tin because of its lack of moisture.  Basically, it is 4 50g tins. I think it is more than worth it, even if to just try.

Agreed. The 100 gram brick of this Semois filled 3 half-pint mason jars with enough left over for a few bowls to smoke right away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:39 pm

rothnh wrote:
joshoowah wrote:

The good thing about it is it is basically 2x the tobacco of any other 100g tin because of its lack of moisture.  Basically, it is 4 50g tins. I think it is more than worth it, even if to just try.

Agreed.  The 100 gram brick of this Semois filled 3 half-pint mason jars with enough left over for a few bowls to smoke right away.

I'm trying my hardest to get a layover in Belgium when we head back to the States in May so I can visit Vincent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olewaylon

olewaylon

Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Klondike gold at smokingpipes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Wessex Campaign today briefly on SP. Now oos again!

Mad 

Cheers?

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:05 pm

I think Windy City has Campaign. They tried to get me to take some (sort of...long story) when they crossed the streams on my order and another guy's.

I did get end up with a halfer of Blackpool though. Good price.

What I'm really looking for is Dunbar and/or Dorchester.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Hey olewaylon - check your pm please
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:46 pm

a few Esoterica blends at www.milantobacco.com (penzance and stonehaven are gone already)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:04 am

PozzSka wrote:
a few Esoterica blends at www.milantobacco.com (penzance and stonehaven are gone already)

So...who was lucky enough to get Stonehaven? I had about 4 ounces of it once and have yet to get my hands on any in two years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:15 am

200g Peter Heinrichs Curly Special in stock at Smokingpipes.com!

Curly Special 200g
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Peter Heinrich's Strong Dark Flake
Wessex Campaign Dark Flake

Both in stock at smokingpipes.com.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: balkan sasieni at 4noggins   Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:21 am

I received an email from 4noggins today with a special alert. On April 30th, Balkan Sasiene will be available for 4.75 per tin. 10 tin limit. I plan on ordering 10 tins myself at that price. Don't miss out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:39 am

d4klutz wrote:
I received an email from 4noggins today with a special alert.  On April 30th, Balkan Sasiene will be available for 4.75 per tin.  10 tin limit.   I plan on ordering 10 tins myself at that price.  Don't miss out!

This is happening. Pick up a few tins if you can. ~$5 for quality tobacco? Oh yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DirkT

DirkT

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:18 am

I enjoyed the one tin of Sasieni that I locally bought many months ago. I figured I'd buy some more at a discount and pick up a few John Patton blends to try while I was at it (8 oz. each of Storm Front, Cool Hand Fluke, and Oriental Dusk).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal   Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 am

I just bought the max amount of 10 tins. Figured that if i didnt like it, someone would buy it or it would go on bombing runs Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com

R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: