HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brauhausbier

Registration date : 2012-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Thank you glpease! I sent you a PM and I'd be happy to head your way. cheers

Thanks FF! BoB is awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/eric.wager.7
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Brauhaus

Aren't you the one who posted about brewing for the brothers Widmer for something like 12 yrs?

Please accept my hearty Willkommen from a member of the brewing community here in WA state.

I've been alternately a small, large, and small once again brewer. I do prefer the latter...

Laughing

In any case you've chosen a different career path. Best wishes with that.

Becoming a brewer can often equate to taking a vow of poverty!

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Brauhausbier

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Brauhaus

Aren't you the one who posted about brewing for the brothers Widmer for something like 12 yrs?

Please accept my hearty Willkommen from a member of the brewing community here in WA state.

I've been alternately a small, large, and small once again brewer. I do prefer the latter...

Laughing

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Thanks Brewdude! I was a staff microbiologist and chemist for Widmer Brewing from 99'-2011.

The company took a corporate direction regrettably in the late 2000's and I had to part ways to maintain my personal integrity.

I was an EMT and Paramedic back in the 90's and have a pre-med Biology Degree from UCSC. I wanted to return to patient care and work on making a contribution with my mind and skills. To my upmost delight I was accepted at Touro University from an applicant pool of 2000+ for a class size of 103.

I was in the beer biz in Oregon for 13 years and miss it sometimes. Life changes and perspectives change. My wife is a PhD and watching what she does and what she makes has been one of my inspirations to apply to Grad School later in life. I'm looking for a better professional work place and a career that can last much longer than my gig in the beer biz.

It was a good run! Cheers to ya and keep making the good brew! BHB

Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Brauhausbier wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Brauhaus

Laughing

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Thanks Brewdude! I was a staff microbiologist and chemist for Widmer Brewing from 99'-2011.

The company took a corporate direction regrettably in the late 2000's and I had to part ways to maintain my personal integrity.

I was an EMT and Paramedic back in the 90's and have a pre-med Biology Degree from UCSC. I wanted to return to patient care and work on making a contribution with my mind and skills. To my upmost delight I was accepted at Touro University from an applicant pool of 2000+ for a class size of 103.

I was in the beer biz in Oregon for 13 years and miss it sometimes. Life changes and perspectives change. My wife is a PhD and watching what she does and what she makes has been one of my inspirations to apply to Grad School later in life. I'm looking for a better professional work place and a career that can last much longer than my gig in the beer biz.

Well then, I won't ask for the gory details of your experience at the corporate level since I've been there and done that. 'nuff said on that!

silent

In any case once a brewer, always a brewer. But my sincere wishes in your new calling.

If you find yourself in the greater Seattle area give me a pm. It would be great to share a pint and a pipe, and swap war stories!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Brauhausbier

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Brauhausbier wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Brauhaus

Laughing

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Well then, I won't ask for the gory details of your experience at the corporate level since I've been there and done that. 'nuff said on that!

silent

In any case once a brewer, always a brewer. But my sincere wishes in your new calling.

If you find yourself in the greater Seattle area give me a pm. It would be great to share a pint and a pipe, and swap war stories!

Cheers,

RR

Will do RR! I'll get up to Seattle one of these days and a pint and pipe would be awesome in The emerald city! NW IPA is about my favorite style! Thank you for the warm welcome!
Back to top Go down
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brauhausbier

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Boulder wrote:

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum. Very Happy

Thank you!

I just had surgery 10 days ago and I'm starting to feel better everyday! I don't believe it, but I can type pain free with my left hand that was a crushed mess. Life is really getting better after 4 weeks since my motorcycle crash in Alaska. I've also been enjoying the hell out of Mr. Pease's Lagona blend in my new David Jones Dublin I Picked up a few week back.

Thank you Bob! What a great on-line group!

BHB
Back to top Go down
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey thats great Brauhausbier, I'm really glad you are on the mend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brauhausbier

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 am

Greyson wrote:
Hey thats great Brauhausbier, I'm really glad you are on the mend.

Thanks Greyson! Much appreciated! It's wonderful to be feeling better again.
Back to top Go down
PapaToad

Registration date : 2012-10-05

PostSubject: Neighbors   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am

Hey,
I'm over here in Sonoma County....good to see another from the "Bay."

Healing well I hope...

PT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Welcome to the BoB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: