HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Family Part II

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

Family Part II - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:00 am

Kyle,

I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through. Be sure that I'll be thinking and praying for you and your dad. I've realized that I'm in that stage of life with you where not only do big things start happening, but we notice them. As a kid, we're kind of oblivious to or sheltered from most traumatic things, but now that I'm 37 I've got major life issues to deal with. Unfortunately we live in a fallen world with sickness and disease.

There is hope though and you're handling things well it seems. Some day, hopefully soon, you'll be able to look back on this as something that happened in the past. For now, keep plugging on in the best way you can, and share the load as often as you can. You'll get through it!

Sincerely,

Brian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 pm

As a kid, I wasn't sheltered from anything...it was shelter I sought, from the myriad issues both I and my family has, and I found it...in myself. I simply isolated. Books, information, music, work, solo travel...didn't matter. What's been hard has been opening up to people and letting them in, finding love and worth in them, then to watch them fall... that's something with which I don't have practice, emotionally or personally. So I don't ask for help, I just try and do it all. I'm not used to it.

After freaking out a little yesterday it occurred to me that my personal balances were out of whack. Kind of like that load of laundry in spin cycle where all your jeans end up on one side, and you jump up thinking someone's breaking in the house. *thumpthumpthump* I have the tendency to overreach and think I can do anything. Great sentiment, bad practice. Of course I can do anything, I can't do everything. Rest periods in between are necessary. That was the wake-up call you all gave me. Thanks for that. The BoB is (are?) friends redefined, for sure.

So, Dad and Zack are same as he was yesterday...nothing I can do immediately. They're both safe, so that's good. Gonna go pore over my work a little, head out for a drive to file mining paperwork with the government and blast some tunes. Today feels pretty good, I got some gusto and hope today.

Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Hang in there, buddy. We are all in your corner with you. And ain't none of us going to throw in the towel. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:57 am

Today's better, got work done. Dad's still in the hospital, pending more tests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Had an awful nightmare Zack and I were walking on a beach, and a wave swept him away.

Dad's still in the hospital, but on solid food pending doctor release tomorrow.

Ever try to bathe a morphine patient with a broken arm and leg? No Sheesh.

Looking for that sack of $1,000,000 laying by the side of the road, fingers crossed. Something's gotta balance this all out. Laughing

(It's taken me multiple visits by Ten Russians to get through it...which isn't a bad thing...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:08 am

Hang in there dude!

I'll be sending you the best of vibes. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:29 am

Lot...I mean Kyle, hang in there. You will never be given any more than you can handle. You and your family are in my thoughts constantly. Sending tons of positive and healing energy your way ( I hope it makes it...I tried astral travel once and got lost before I got out of my bedroom Laughing )

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear you are staying strong. Keep us posted

Shoot me a PM with your address....I would love to send you guys some home made cookies.

Scottie
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:13 am

Everyone sounds stable and that is a good thing. Our prayers go out to you brother. The poem was well written and awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Meh, I never fancied myself a poet. About the only time it comes out is when I'm able to get rid of reason and logic and just let a certain mindset set it. Wow, that sounds insulting if one is a poet, I suppose...thing is, I'm envious in a way, sometimes I'm not able to express beauty or simple appreciation...I'm constantly drowning in complexity. So, when it comes out, I hang on to it.

Going to get an update on Dad today, hope he's going home soon.

Thank you all for the support, for the 1,001st time. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Thank you all for the support, for the 1,001st time. Laughing

Cool

Eff You, Kyle!

Family Part II - Page 2 710492
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:

Eff You, Kyle!

Family Part II - Page 2 710492

Your Smoker's Pride in the bag with those indelible words still pop up and greet me from time to time. I think I keep it set up that way just so I can laugh. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Glad to see things are starting to even out now Kyle. Best of luck bud, I hope you get some sort of big break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Dad's out of hospital, Zack was up moving around in the living room of his parents' house yesterday.

My father had a blood clot blocking the blood supply to his pancreas, it turns out. That's what was causing slight anemia and pancreatitis. He's on blood thinners and solid food again, is glad to be home.

So, the twilight is dusting blue on the horizon, and the clouds are thinning. LET'S HOPE ANYWAY. No *fingers crossed*

Thanks for all the laser-beam prayers/vibes/luck wishing/voodoo stick shaking/etc. sent over here, I just know it's helped. I don't feel like things are "normal," my house feels empty and I feel a bit cut in half, but it's not forever.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Good news Kyle.

Best wishes for your Dad and Zack.

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Glad your Dad & Zach are improving; hope your week (and theirs) continues to be better

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
SPUD 15

SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:01 pm

I do not post much just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself. MIKe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Kyle, thank you for the update, I was away from the computer for the last several days. Thought of you and your family occasionally over the weekend. Is nice to log on and see good news. May everyone continue to grow in health and well-being.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Good to hear things are finally staring to settle down Kyle, at least in a fashion. Having to be the caregiver to two loved ones at the same time must be a challenge and very stressful.

Sure sounds like you're bearing up well in all this. Take some time for yourself too.

I'll stop here or I'll start spouting old cliches......

sunny

Cheers,

RR

Family Part II - Page 2 Purple11x 2Family Part II - Page 2 Bombx10  Family Part II - Page 2 Bombx6Family Part II - Page 2 D6bddf10 Family Part II - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Crusader Pipes

Crusader Pipes

Registration date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Getting better   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Kyle,
Glad to hear things are getting better ! Your Father must be just as ornery as you ! We will certainly keep praying as long as needed !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://timbeersscrimshaw.com/
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:06 pm

I've been offline for a week or more, so I'm sorry I haven't responded to this before now. I'm glad to hear things seem to be improving. I hope there's some light on the horizon for you. My own circle of friends has shrunk dramatically since my wife left. The guys on this forum, and you especially, help to balance that. Of course, if we ever met in person, you'd probably think I was a prick, so being a "random guy with an avatar" has its advantages. Razz Hang in there, buddy. When you and I are away from the forum at the same time, these guys start talking about rice, toilet paper, and a tree that fell down. Wink I hope things start getting back to normal soon.
-G
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah, the dust is settling. Cleaning up the aftermath (bills, insurance, physical therapy, etc) will be stage two.

You have no idea how ornery my father is. I'm a sweet peach by comparison.

GK, if we left this place to its own devices, this place would turn into a knitting club. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Dad's in the clear, just on some meds and a special diet (no drinking! Sad )...meanwhile, Zack just got a hinged leg brace and a short cast on the arm. Gonna visit both of them again today to see how they're gettin' around.

The worst of this storm is over...

...it's the insurance storm I just can't wait to see what they're going to try and get away with. pale That's actually what's stressing me out the most--the financial fallout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Great news Kyle, sounds like they're doing way better. Dun worry about the insurance crap just yet. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Dad's in the clear. All his tests came back okay as of Friday. Stoked about that, we might have a new property/project to work on, too. The dawn just might be breaking a little.

Zack's going insane from his parents constantly "caring" (as parents do) but is mending okay. Our goal is mid-September he can get up the stairs and come home.

Apparently I've been stronger than I give myself credit for, but keeping the peace with an ailing family is sure patience-testing. I've found a good rhythm of "Kyle time" in between the necessary tasks, though. Which is good.

We're doing okay, all things considered. I'm trying to figure out how to help pay for all of this, but I have a plan to help ease the blow.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Family Part II   Family Part II - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:18 pm

As always, just keep plugging away! Hopefully the news will continue to be much more good than not
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999

Family Part II
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next