HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New member and new pipe smoker, England

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 am

Hey there guys,

I'm a new pipe smoker and I figured this forum was the place to come to talk and get advice on the hobby. I read some of your threads when I was deciding if I should try pipe smoking and you seemed to be a decent and friendly bunch, as well as helpful on a few issues I had, so thank you for that.

About me - I'm 31, I live in central England at the moment, soon to be moving to the south west coast. I'm a writer, artist, gamer, dog lover and now a smoker too I guess! I came out of university and went straight into helping my father with his business, after about ten years of struggling with it, it finally went under, so now I'm selling up and trying to start fresh to pursue my own ambitions. It isn't how many times you get knocked down, its the getting up that counts, right?

Anyhow, I just thought I should introduce myself and say hello to everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brauhausbier

Registration date : 2012-07-27

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:26 am

Welcome! I just joined the BoB forum recently and have learned quite a bit already and the community here is great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/eric.wager.7
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 am

Welcome, Greyson! I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:09 am

Welcome to the BoB forums Greyson! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am

Welcome! I recognize that avatar from an AoM contest, the winner I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Greyson.

Please come back often and join in. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Welcome aboard, Greyson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ejames

Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Welcome Greyson!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com/index.html
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate it

gravel wrote:

Hmm, I'm not sure what AoM is in the context, I found this on a photography site and did some tweaks in photoshop, but you may well be correct. I thought it was funny anyhow Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Big "howdy" from Texas Razz You'll find some interesting folks here and everyone is right about evrything Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Greyson wrote:
HIt isn't how many times you get knocked down, its the getting up that counts, right?

Righter than rain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Greyson wrote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate it

gravel wrote:

Hmm, I'm not sure what AoM is in the context, I found this on a photography site and did some tweaks in photoshop, but you may well be correct. I thought it was funny anyhow Smile

AoM is the Art of Manliness blog. Good stuff there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Ah! Yes I do know that site, I didn't know this was related to it, but it makes sense. I knew it couldn't be Age of magic...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantiff49

Registration date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: welcome brother across the vast sea.   Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:34 pm

cheers
Greyson wrote:
Hey there guys,

I'm a new pipe smoker and I figured this forum was the place to come to talk and get advice on the hobby. I read some of your threads when I was deciding if I should try pipe smoking and you seemed to be a decent and friendly bunch, as well as helpful on a few issues I had, so thank you for that.

About me - I'm 31, I live in central England at the moment, soon to be moving to the south west coast. I'm a writer, artist, gamer, dog lover and now a smoker too I guess! I came out of university and went straight into helping my father with his business, after about ten years of struggling with it, it finally went under, so now I'm selling up and trying to start fresh to pursue my own ambitions. It isn't how many times you get knocked down, its the getting up that counts, right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantiff49

Registration date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: heartland   Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:38 pm

dantiff49 wrote:
cheers
Greyson wrote:
Hey there guys,

hellow from the heart land of america
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Welcome to BoB.
Lot of dog lovers here.
(...and kitty lovers, too) cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Hiya   Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi from Ireland Greyson.

I'm new to BOB myself and I must say that the other brothers have been extremely welcoming and helpful.

Your dog looks fantastic - great photo. She has amazing eyes.

Good luck on the forum.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Greetings Greyson from a long time Anglophile. I've visited your green and pleasant land some dozen times or so and have 4 good mates there,
one of which is like a brother to me. While none of them are pipers we do have other things in common, like cask conditioned real ale!

This is a great board and I look forward to your contributions.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Welcome to BoB Greyson. I hope you have found the forum and members helpful so far and have been able to answer any questions you might possible have. As for your pipe tobaccos that you have been trying, and since the companies website is still down, you can learn about them and read the reviews at http://tobaccoreviews.com/ which is where I pulled the info from that I posted. Welcome, it is a pleasure to have you here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks again guys.

Yep I have been using that site Kaiser, cheers for the pointer though - I'm one of the people who added reviews for the Hobbits weed and Nosferatu. So be careful how much weight you place on them, folks like me get a vote too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sloppy Joe Hemingway

Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Welcome! I'm new here, too, but it seems like a nice place to kick back and converse!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: New member and new pipe smoker, England   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Welcome, Greyson! Now I just need to find some of that Nosferatu...sounds great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New member and new pipe smoker, England
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next