HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Alright lads. I got the SD card working. (Actually I gotta old one I found in my sock drawer). So Here's some pictures and updates. (I junked the old SD card, because it was worn or something and it wouldn't work in my camera or computer, and that had photos of my last set of bombs, you'll see the stuff in here, but there's no pictures of the bombs themselves. Sorry)
Alright...
The whole setup again;
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0510

The table beside the Captains Chair (Underneath the Pipe is an awesome leather pipe stand from a bomb);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0511

The whole shelf of goodies (After being reorganized 32 times);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0512

Tippy top shelf items, dedicated to Gramps stuff;
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0513

Top Shelf (Tobacco and pipes) I got tobacco up the butt now, I'll be set for years and the pipe rack was a antique shop find by my lady);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0514

Next Shelf (More tobacco, my humidor, and some of my newer pipes. Some Sav's from Plumbernater (Thanks), and a Bjarne Viking, and a Peterson Kapet. I sold my van so I ran into some extra cash, and spent the day at the Cigar bar and shop smoking away, trying out my new pipes and tobaccos);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0515

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0520

Next shelf (Lighters, flasks, and odds and ends. I got some awesome lighters from bombs, one being an old Kaywoodie that's giving me hell while trying to fix her);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0516

Next Shelf (Pipe cleaners, filters (not that I use 'em) and tobacco. That box is absolutely full of tobacco samples that I've been sampling and keeping a log of what I like so I know what to purchase when I run out! You guys hooked me up with those bombs!);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0517

Bottom Shelf (Books, magazines, files of my own, and an awesome Goodwill find, an old leather covered mens travel kit. I'll post pics in the haberdashery if anyones interested, let me know);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0518

NOW! For my car situation. When I lived in Rhode Island, I drove a 2001 Pontiac Montana that was a pile. Than I moved to Michigan and got a 1993 (Same year as me) Pontiac Transport SE that shook worse than a Chihuahua. (Shown here);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) Untitl10

And now just two days ago I got a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am that's in fantastic condition and gets double the gas mileage that my old can got. Here she is... purrrrrrrr;
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 100_0519

Welp boys, that's me up to date. I want to thank the fellas that bombed me. It was much appreciated and my friends think of me as a tobacconist now. (Good/bad). Life is good now. I'm getting more and more financially set. Slowly yet surely. Thanks for looking brothers!
Zach

Back to top Go down
zjgilbert

zjgilbert

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Post that pic of the traveling kit. I'm interested in how that looks. Nice set up you've got going!
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccoreviews.com/reviewer_detail.cfm?UID=7802
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:52 pm

RE: 'antique' pipe rack -- if you were in NO, I would wonder if my wife found where she stored my old pipe rack and sold it Very Happy

The corner looks good
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:21 pm

You're more organized than I've EVER been! lol

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) D6bddf10UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 29400910UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) 114e6110UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) Ddb39b10UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) Cf77ce10UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Looks Good, Zach. It's much more organized than my shelves.
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Well done Zach! cheers
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Lookin good brother, congrats on all of it and the car. You are a lucky man.
Back to top Go down
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Hey my friend your new pontiac looks clean. I need you at my house to go over my desk for me. I like your neatness

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) IMG285
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Yours ain't too bad! I would happily help you out cleaning that up! As long as I get to look at your pipes!
Thanks guys!
Zach
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Great work figuring all that out Zach! It looks good, real good buddy!

Plumbernator, you know where everything is right? Thats the important thing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 pm

There is a method to this madness
Back to top Go down
zjgilbert

zjgilbert

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 pm

As long as your guns and pipes are easily accessible then you're fine Cool
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccoreviews.com/reviewer_detail.cfm?UID=7802
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 am

YES! I always liked the angle of the windshield and dash on those old Transports. It reminds of the way "futuristic" vehicles always looked in old 80s movies.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Heh, my partner uses the same Oliva cigar box to keep his three pipes and tobacco in. Smile

Yeah, your smoking corner is dedicated and organized. I can't even contain all of my stupid hobbies in the same room let alone a corner. My pipes and tobacco only occupy about 2% of it. Neutral

Cool
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 pm

plumbernater wrote:
Hey my friend your new pontiac looks clean. I need you at my house to go over my desk for me. I like your neatness

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) IMG285

Man ! I live in the Bario but don't need to keep a gun out on my desk!! Looks like you need to find another "hood" to live in! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dave_In_Philly

Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 pm

GuitarMyFriend wrote:

NOW! For my car situation. When I lived in Rhode Island, I drove a 2001 Pontiac Montana that was a pile. Than I moved to Michigan and got a 1993 (Same year as me) Pontiac Transport SE that shook worse than a Chihuahua. (Shown here);
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) Untitl10

No way! My folks had both a 1990 and a 1995 Transport. I inherited the 1995 when I went off to law school. That thing was an absolute beast. Mine had one of the first iterations of the remote sliding doors, and at the end it developed a tendency to open on its own, right as the car hit 55mph. The first time it happened to me I nearly crapped my pants. After that it became a game to see who we could get to unwittingly sit in the seat right next to the door. When I finally moved on, the old girl had over 250k miles on her.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 pm

I always thought they looked like Star Trek shuttles.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:06 pm

A case where the design dept. was ahead of the engineering and production at GM. If they were brought out today, you might see a different product up to the design criteria. Razz
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 am

Lookin' good, Zach!
idbowman wrote:
YES! I always liked the angle of the windshield and dash on those old Transports. It reminds of the way "futuristic" vehicles always looked in old 80s movies.
I remember when the Ford Aerostar came out in the '80s; It was advertised as having the same front end profile as the Space Shuttle.
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:39 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Lookin' good, Zach!
idbowman wrote:
I remember when the Ford Aerostar came out in the '80s; It was advertised as having the same front end profile as the Space Shuttle.

I always though the old Transports looked like a Dustbuster.

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) TqVtK
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:07 pm

gravel wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
Lookin' good, Zach!
idbowman wrote:

No, that was The Next Generation phaser for the first few seasons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
gravel

gravel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:22 pm

DrT999 wrote:
gravel wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
Lookin' good, Zach!
idbowman wrote:

No, that was The Next Generation phaser for the first few seasons Very Happy

Funny. They actually call those "dustbuster hand phasers".
UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) DmAjA

I still think the Transport looks like a Dustbuster.
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Isn't it funny, The transport is basically the concept car of the 80's. That thing was fun to drive, and all my friends called it the starship. I was debating on putting a whole bunch of toggle switches and a key board in there that connected to nothing and before starting her up flip em all and type in some long password just to confuse the shit outta people. LOL!
Zach
Back to top Go down
SPUD 15

SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)   UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:39 am

LOoking good Zach. NIKE
Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON SMOKING CORNER (And Car)
Page 1 of 1