HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Ok, smoking in Boston, what can you tell me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Ok, smoking in Boston, what can you tell me?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Alright, you guys, Mr. Doody, I am soon moving to Boston (in just a few weeks now) among the many things one needs to do in preparation for a big move is find out how the city views certain things. As such I have been investigating the rules as much as possible. Well, between packing and the like. I seem to have a good handle on the liquor laws, and hear the Boston Bartender association is skilled. One area that is less clear to me, regard the smoking rules. Can anyone offer some insight? Hints and helpful suggestions are most welcome.

Also, is there away to get a discount on the long term T pass?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Ok, smoking in Boston, what can you tell me?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Smoking in Boston is frowned upon as it is in most cities. It is banned in all restaurants or public indoor spaces. You can still enjoy a smoke sitting on the Boston Common or in a tobacconist shop. L. J. Peretti's is one place that handles the finest pipes and hand blended tobaccos.
As for discounts on the "T" yes they are available for students and seniors if you fit that category. google MBTA.
The Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club of Boston holds monthly meetings and you are more than welcome to join us. The meetings are held outside of Boston presently. More info is available online if you are interested.
Hope you enjoy living in Beantown, IMO it's one of the finest cities in the USA. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Ok, smoking in Boston, what can you tell me?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Neat. Thank you for the information. I am looking forward to visiting Peretti's. I will be living in Brookline and attending a Masters program in Newton.

Looks like I will miss the August meeting. Perhaps, you can PM the September meeting time? I would like to meet the group, thank you for the invitation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Ok, smoking in Boston, what can you tell me?   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:38 am

I'll try to post the next meeting in September on the forum if my memory doesn't fail me!!!
Up until a couple years ago in Brookline we had one of the best pipe retailers in all of Boston. It was a little place right in Coolidge Corner called Brookline News & Gift. The previous owner retired and I have no idea if they still cater to the pipe smokers. Still worth your checking out when you come to town.
Best of Luck with your Masters Program, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the area.
Doc
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Ok, smoking in Boston, what can you tell me?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1