HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Passed on Pipes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Passed on Pipes   Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:46 am

Maybe one of those soft bit thingies would solve the problem ?

What made the light come on for yr. obt. svt. was getting a pipe with a lucite stem, smoking it, and being struck by something : it didn't taste like "stem !"

Census here is lucite = 7, vulcanite = 5 (more than 12 crosses the greed line here) (YMMV). Both are enjoyed. But the stem thing's real.

IMHO

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Passed on Pipes   Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:51 am

It'd be worth a try. I've found the softy bits do a great job keeping a heavy pipe in the teeth, but are kind of gummy feeling. I'm considering the shrink-tube technique some guys here are swearing by.

I taste the stem, I truly do, it just doesn't bother me. It's a flavor to me as innocent as carbon pieces that seem to happen with grilling food over fire. You know it's there, but it's just part of the deal (well, it doesn't have to be...). I don't pass up pipes simply due to stem. I might have passed on the Brebbia had I known the stem was going to be a problem child, but meh, it's with me now.

I much prefer lucite/acrylic stems. They're almost trouble-free.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Passed on Pipes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2