HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Coolerador per Dock and kieveryuu request

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBrad

Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Coolerador per Dock and kieveryuu request   Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 pm

For aging and overflow storage of cigars a coolerador is a great asset for the cigar guys. I have found the following to be the easiest course of action:

1) Obtain a new cooler, any cooler with a hinged lid. No need for a Yeti for this, any hinged Igloo or Coleman will do. Size is up to your obsession and ability to control yourself shopping. Start here http://www.cigarbid.com/?

2) Wash inside of new cooler with scent free detergent, then baking soda.

3) Place washed and dried cooler outside in the sun for at least 1 day. Then bring it inside.

4) Get online at http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HB_1_65 and see their chart to calculate how many pounds are enough. More is better than less in this case, recovery from opening the cooler occurs faster with more. This will not over humidify. Follow bead instructions for propper amount of distilled water to add.

5) Round up spanish cedar cigar boxes or lumber and wipe down with distilled water. Place empty boxes in the cooler along with correct quantity of beads. I like boxes for loose sticks. Trays are available if you prefer. Do not put cigars in at this time. You need a digital hygrometer at this time as well, put it in the cooler. With the boxes, beads and hygrometer in the cooler, no cigars, close the lid and leave it for 3 or so days then check humidity. Should read a solid 65%. Check bead coloration according to Heartfelt reccomendations, add distilled water if required.

6) If your coolerador is reading 65% after a week of checking it, load up your smokes and forget about them for a while. Check the Hygrometer on occasion and make sure your beads are holding 65%.

Thats it. Simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Coolerador per Dock and kieveryuu request   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Thank You, Brad!

That's a cool idea.
While I don't store or smoke enough cigars to warrant a Coolerador, that's one for future reference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Coolerador per Dock and kieveryuu request   Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 am

Thank you for sharing BriarBrad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Coolerador per Dock and kieveryuu request   Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 am

Perfect! cheers

Note on #1
Like he said, any cooler will do.
Don't waste money on one that'll keep ice frozen for a week.
You will hear different opinions on size. Some want big ones.
Me, I like 48qt coolers. Easy to handle, they stack nicely in
the closet and all yer eggs ain't in one basket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Coolerador per Dock and kieveryuu request   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 pm

FWIW, I don't think you really need to go to quite that extent to clean a new cooler. I just leave a box of backing soda in it over night get the plasticy smell out. Also, since there is no wood, I don't think you really need to let it stabilize for a full week. Both my coolers sat right at 65% after an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Coolerador per Dock and kieveryuu request
Page 1 of 1